It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Vampirism: the Psi-Vampire

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So apparently there is a whole sub-culture of people who believe they are psychic vampires... People who 'feed' off of other peoples energy, solar, lunar and universal energy- to name a few. I am a bit concerned with this because I have always read that energy vampirism is BAD--"Ye must protect yourself from those treacherous energy drainers!"
My problem with this is that I naturally absorb energy..( I discovered this when I took a energy healing class a couple of years ago. ) I naturally TAKE in energy, just as others naturally GIVE energy. Knowing this about myself, I am certain that I have never intentionally harmed another by feeding off of their energy. If anything, I believe that it is harmfull to ME.. I absorb emotional energy quite easily.

Is there anything worth reading on this subject that is well researched and without a ton of "gothic gloom?" Most stuff online tends to have that appeal, and although I have a taste for the darkside in movies, books, etc... I really just would like the facts

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There is nothing bad about vampires, they just are and have their needs as well. That said...Psi-vampires is something we all are at one time or another. In most cases you don't even realise that you are. The philosophical book Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield talks about energies at one point. It also gives a clear and simple excample of how people behave in certain situations and what happens with the energies of individuals. Another book that might be informational could be The Psychic vampire codex: A Manual of magick and energy work written by Michelle A. Bellanger.

I really don't feel sympathy towards Psi-vamps and once you are aware on how it works you'll shut down and refuse to give any type of (emotional) energy. You can easily see vamps from a distance, they usually are people who are needy for affection because they can't feel it for themselves so need it from someone else. Same for people who fake depression or try to provoke hostility just to get attention (energy). It's tricky, but easy once you delve into it.

I personally stopped giving love, hate or any other form of emotional attention to people unless they were capable of feeling it for themselves. Why should I give someone respect if they don't even have respect for themselves? Why would I give someone love when they don't have it for themselves? Go feed of someone elses energy instead of draining mine. Grow up and take charge of your life instead of being dependent of others.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There are people that will suck you dry emotionally. I have had friends like this and I generally have to stop talking to them. It is honestly too draining! Do they know they do this? No.

Other people have magnetic personalities and we all know someone like that. They give off such good "vibes" you just want to be in their presence

I don't think most people know these kinds of things. They are just part of life

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yes there are Psi-Vampires. Do you want to find their victims? Go to some of the MC forums and you will find the victims there. Not the sex forum ones either. Most of those members, in my opinion, are either vampires or victims whom have given up their "free will". Remember the old vampire stories? Not only did Count Dracula completely drain his victims for food but also "took just a little" to have slaves to service him.

Now the vampire teeth of this whole thing is the neurophone, it stimulates a direct neural pathway to the human mind. The neurophone triggers the nerves behind the eardrum (near the old vampire sucking site (area) around the human neck)(Similiar huh? with digital coded signals that carries the same time-ratio code that is recognized as sound by the cochl-ear. Go to Phi Sciences and you'll see a logo of a dissected ear and it looks liie a 9 but when you invert the logo it appears like a 6, two bites 66 and the human cochlear nervous system or the human mind you have 666.
Not bad putting together the old vampires with the new ones.

Here's an invention for you. . . . its based on the prime number of Phi and uses the biological 666 (ultrasound) with a transducer adhesed to the human hand or forehead, and you can listen to music, download, receive text messages digitally compressed and decompressed into ultrasound, from a satillite and finally into an Ipod type device. With no noise to other people, do it at work, play, or just when holding on a telephone call. Its the next wave of background music, education, homework.

The next vampire device willk work along these lines. But buyer beware!

Now as far as giving off and taking energy. I do to. My children and wife come to me all the time to warm their hands are play frosty with me. A energy vampire is a thing that takes and does not give back. Kinda like the big media types that hoard their money instead of letting it trickle down to the real working man. Just some thoughts, Cordially, Ravenmock1.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Go feed of someone elses energy instead of draining mine. Grow up and take charge of your life instead of being dependent of others.

Enlyius:
WHAT is your problem? I am here to think aloud, learn and ask questions- I am CERTAINLY not here to drain YOU (or anyone for that matter) of your energy. Where do you get off even saying that sort of thing? Also, it is very wrong to assume that someone you dont even know a thing about has no control over their lives. I think these are YOUR issues. Don't try to make them mine.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MerryMistressMarie

Go feed of someone elses energy instead of draining mine. Grow up and take charge of your life instead of being dependent of others.

Enlyius:
WHAT is your problem? I am here to think aloud, learn and ask questions- I am CERTAINLY not here to drain YOU (or anyone for that matter) of your energy. Where do you get off even saying that sort of thing? Also, it is very wrong to assume that someone you dont even know a thing about has no control over their lives. I think these are YOUR issues. Don't try to make them mine.

not aimed at you personally. just a rant of mine towards people that do suck of others. I've met a fair amount in my days :S

sorry if you felt personally addressed

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have studied and spent time with those who believe and practice in vampirism.I must say when the intent is wrong it can take the person conducting such activity to very low depths of human conduct.

Aswell as this I have a strong gypsy and reiki background aswell.
In both sides of the circle the basic same principals apply.With the variables being the way that energies are exchanged.

Im sorry but I have to go for now.I will speak later
Scarecrow

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
btw many books can be found here

zef

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

I personally stopped giving love, hate or any other form of emotional attention to people unless they were capable of feeling it for themselves. Why should I give someone respect if they don't even have respect for themselves? Why would I give someone love when they don't have it for themselves? Go feed of someone elses energy instead of draining mine. Grow up and take charge of your life instead of being dependent of others.

Gee Enyalius, I'd hate to meet you on a day I'm feeling down on myself. You'd defintely make me feel worse. I thought we were here to help each other. With all due respect for your philosophy of life, just how do you go about determining if a person is capable of feeling love, hate or respect for him/her self?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, it's hard to explain, but i think that when you find one, you can understand it.

An aunt of mine was a psi-vampire (well, she was my mother's aunt, to be correct). Just to give you some examples:
- there had been a period in which she phoned us every day, because every day she felt different illnesses (my mother is a doctor). She didn't do this only with us, but also with other relatives, and she wasn't looking for remedies, but only wanting to heat "ooohh, poor little thing, i'm sooo sorry for you"
- when she called us, at the beginning of the telephone call she used a fleeble, weak, "sad dying dog" voice... but during the call her voice kept getting better and better, until becoming normal. Isn't it a bit odd that, if a person, because of an "illness", doesn't even have the strenght to speak normally, his/her voice keeps getting more and more normal through the phone call?
- she didn't care if you were tired, or had lots of other (urgent) things to do... you HAD to stay and listen to her, otherwise she got angry
- she wanted the whole world to be ready and waiting for her, as other people hand't anything esle to do
- i remember many years ago, when i attended the First Communion (here in Italy it's quite and important Christian cermony... i've been Christian, for a certain amount of time, but later i understood it wasn't my path) we had a little party with several family members. My mother's aunt didn't come, but she phoned called, in order to tell us every "illnesses" and reasons of her absence. My mother tried to explain her that in our house there were many people, there was a party going on, and so she didn't have time for other ones, and her aunt got angry saying something like "well, so i am just other ones and nothing else", and tried to start a phone quarrel
- she didn't wash herself, instead using tons of parfume. i could SMELL her several meters (and rooms) away
I could go on and on, but trust me, you don't WANT to know anything esle...

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Sparhawk]

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Sparhawk]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zef

Originally posted by Enyalius

Gee Enyalius, I'd hate to meet you on a day I'm feeling down on myself. You'd defintely make me feel worse. I thought we were here to help each other. With all due respect for your philosophy of life, just how do you go about determining if a person is capable of feeling love, hate or respect for him/her self?

You can find out by simply observing people and their behaviour and how you feel about it yourself. When people cut themselves with suicidal behaviour I won't give them any attention if I felt my energy being drained after 2 attempts of trying to help. This is an extreme excample btw.

I'm not the one making you feel worse. If you saw yourself in something I wrote I you recognized something and blame me for putting a finger on your sore spot. Your problem, your condition and you have to figure it out how it works and solve it. It is your responsibility and no one else is responsible for your conditions and no one else can live your life and solve it for you. I know it sounds harsh but that's is how personal growth works. See your own positive as well as negative aspects and deal with it. I had to do the same as well and so have had many others. Unfortunately a lot of people rather put a blaming finger towards other people or gods or whatever their personal beliefs are. The strenght and solutions are within oneself not outside yourself.

Let's face it...there is NO ONE in the entire universe that can solve your issues or help you. All people can do is give you advice, the rest is upto yourself.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I know the feeling of being 'drained' by someone else, and I agree that it just isn't cool! A lot of folks do not even realise that they are doing it. I have had to separate myself from friends who want to endlessly complain and cry " oh woe is me!" Or even worse, those with emotional problems that I end up absorbing somehow. Energy exchange is a real but wierd thing, indeed!

I believe that it is just a natural state of being (and not wrong, Eevil, negative-whatever) for people to be givers and receivers of energy.
I believe that it is just the way of the universe- If it wasn't meant to be, then why would the entire natural word be set up this way?
yin/yang
sub/dom
masculine/feminine
chokmah/binah

Tis the Circle of Life!

Life feeds on life. To think otherwise is to be living in la la land, in my opinion.

My husband is a giver. He has an over abundance of energy and actually feels an overload at times, so much so that he likes to "gift" me with it. I do not see anything wrong with this- it ends up being reciprocal and between two people who consiously understand the energy dynamic taking place.

I will reiterate that I do think there is plenty more to learn about this on an everyday level. Energy exchange is a part of life, and people do need to learn how to do this in a healthy manner. without harming others.

MMMarie

[edit on 3-2-2006 by MerryMistressMarie]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wow! MerryMistressMarie:

You are an enlightened one! How pleasant, and not even having been in the area around your auroa. (Or around you personally) But I could feel serenity in your post. Hey! Thanks, it is good to read something pleasant and having an exponential result of good. (me having heard your message and receiving a pleasant understanding and/or moment in my day). Wow! Good does work and I am not being sarcastic.

It is different than being chopped up by the toothsayers wanting proof (footnotes, URL's, scientific reseaarch)(breaking it down scientifically), rather than the inspired meaning purveyed by the writer. Thank you. Ravenmock1

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ravenmock1

Wow! MerryMistressMarie:

You are an enlightened one! How pleasant, and not even having been in the area around your auroa. (Or around you personally) But I could feel serenity in your post. Hey! Thanks, it is good to read something pleasant and having an exponential result of good. (me having heard your message and receiving a pleasant understanding and/or moment in my day). Wow! Good does work and I am not being sarcastic.

It is different than being chopped up by the toothsayers wanting proof (footnotes, URL's, scientific reseaarch)(breaking it down scientifically), rather than the inspired meaning purveyed by the writer. Thank you. Ravenmock1

Thanks, Ravenmock1. I appreciate your kind words

Though I must say that I am far from being enlightened! Just gettin' the feel for my own beliefs through personal experience. Thats all I can trust in, ya know what I mean?
Have a great day!
MMMarie

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
There are people that will suck you dry emotionally.
Do they know they do this? No.

EXACTLY. I know a woman who is a psi-vampire. She has no
idea that she is. If I were to tell her, she'd think I was a loon.
But she definately is. I know when she walks into my area, or
into the room I'm in, even when my back is turned and I can't
see. It is VERY obvious.

There is no mistaking a psi-Vampire. Once you have been around
one ... you KNOW who they are and what they are - even when
they themselves haven't got a clue.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Very interesting insight, MerryMistressMarie.

I totally agree with you, it is as natural as breathing or sun.

But, IMHO, also breathing and sun may be harmful, if abused.

What i mean is that there are people who don't only "exchange" energy, but really "feed" upon other's energies. Now, while this under certain limits can be natural and ok, as you pointed out, if these limits are exceeded it may be dangerous, especially if done on purpose.

I don't know, maybe as some people have disorders with "common" feeding, others may have the same disorders with energy feeding...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
hmmm, freaky... so how would someone describe that feeling of being drained? how does it feel? does it come immediately or gradually?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ugh, my secretary is just that...I call her a soul sucker.

It's tough to be around her everyday because she just drains everything out of you. She is always sad, sometimes she cries and she will never talk to you about your problems, only her own. My boss's son got killed in a car accident a few years ago and my best friend died this summer and she never once said "I'm sorry for your loss" to either one of us. She never even acknowldged it. But she will cry and cry about her own problems and expect people to listen to HER.

Everyone that comes in the office says something about how draining it is to be around her. I bet she has no idea she is a "vampire" lol.

We've all gotten to the point where we won't listen to her complain anymore. We stop her. But still, for some reason even being around her is still just draining.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I went and saw a renouned psychic a year or so ago. Now, I am not a psychic nor did he say I was one. He did ask me if people being near me bothered me. Which is a huge YES. I do NOT like people in my space. I am not a hugger and I am very sensitive to other's emotions.

I did not tell him this, but after he asked me that, he said that I had a very large aura and that I probably had an effect on people depending on my mood. Again, a true statement.

I think the term "vampire" is what makes this such an unbelievable term. I don't know what I would call it, but I do think it happens throughout daily life. Just like conversation, it is a give and take. Some just listen(give) and others blabber constantly(taker) That in itself is an energy exchange

I have friends that are very calming and pleasant to be around and it has little to do with their personality. One in particular is very harsh, but she is one of those that all kids and animals adore. That is a pretty accurate way to judge someone. If kids and animals hate ya, you got issues!

Anyhow, I am sure there are those that are truly "psychic vampires" but those are the ones who intentionally look for the energy. I wouldn't know how to do such a thing, though I am certain I am guilty of doing so in times of emotional need. As we are all probably guilty of.

Hope that wasn't too incoherent!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi llpoolej

Yup. I know what you mean. I really wish there were another term for this energy exchange.

I wonder if clairsentience is sort of the same thing? People who are just naturally susceptible to energy. In fact there IS a website jhat explains what Clairsentience is, and it is my opinion that most folks will identify with some of the characteristics.. I do not feel exausted in a crowd though. I get energized, so I guess that counts me out!

www.theclairsentientbody.com...

...........................................................................................................................
(excerpt from the website..)
You could be Clairsentient; little understood Clairsentience, is the ability to feel the emotions of other people. Whilst not to be confused with empathy but to some degree both Empathic and Clairsentient Beings have the ability to become a vehicle or dumping ground for unwanted emotions belonging to other people. This cannot be dealt with by any of the normal methods of healing, which is why highly sensitive, empathic and Clairsentient Beings often become depressed at their apparent inability to function like others.

This can be particularly debilitating for people unaware of their ability and finding themselves in families and/or relationships with people who unconsciously drain their energy.

To establish the likelihood of you being Highly Empathic/Clairsentient, you might like to ask yourself how many of the following apply to you. Prior to doing this it is worthwhile remembering that Clairsentience is a gift but unrecognised it is more likely to feel like a curse. The abilities of clairvoyance and clairaudience, to see and hear, are readily known. However, to feel, as in Clairsentience, requires recognition, acceptance, and it takes commitment to learn the skills to manage the energy.

As with all gifts the levels of skill will vary from one person to another, probably better understood in this case as your degree of sensitivity.
..........................................................................................................................
MMMarie

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join