It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex President Jimmy Carter Says "Give Hamas A Chance"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Your like my 4 year old that just replies "no" to everything I tell him.

I'm not even going to bother to continue. It was not a sneak attack. Your personal view on the subject makes it in your mind a sneak attack. They (Israel) was GOING to be attacked. It was pre-emptive.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
ArchAngel, I have warned you; the next post attempting to highjack or derail a topic will result in a post ban until you learn how not to do that.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As any elected government in any country, nation or territory they deserve a chance.

Because Hamas is a well known as having links or ties to known terrorist groups it will be unfair to completely cut them out now that they are turning into politicians.

The references to "war on terror" is base on the assumption that US will cut any funds to Palestine and also Israel will have not reason to fund them either due to their new status as "Terrorist run Government"

While Israel may be helping financially Palestine, is the danger that if US completely cut them out then Israel will do the same.

This will only bring more resentment and the same old say that Palestine has been left alone to fend for themselves and will bring more martyrs to keep fighting for their cause.

Taking away any hope that they may have now that hamas is a political group or at least part of it.

At least if they screw up it will be a good reason as why to leave them out of any help by the west.

Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Because Hamas is a well known as having links or ties
to known terrorist groups

They don't have 'links' and/or 'ties' to terrorist groups.
They ARE the terrorist group.

This will only bring more resentment ...

It doesn't matter if HAMAS resents anyone 'more'.
They already hate all the Jews and 'infidels' and have
vowed to destroy them. That's their purpose of being.

So ... I say pile on the 'resentment'. It's already sky high
for no GOOD reason and more won't matter at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I guess Hamas will never get a change when it comes to the mighty
American will and the present administrations divine ideologies.

In this situation it is Hamas that thinks it has a 'divine ideology'
(kill all the Jews and Infidels). The American administration isn't
turning away from Hamas because of 'divine ideology' or radical
right wing Christian philosophies .. it's turning away from Hamas
because it is an active terrorist group that has, and continues to,
kill as many Jews and infidels as it can. They are murderers and
thieves of the donation money that has been pumped into the
'Palestinian' groups.

Marg .. if I thought that it was a radical right wing Fundamentalist
Christian reason that our government was expressing displeasure
at Hamas then I'd be right next to ya' complaining.

But it isn't.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Has Carter gone mad?

He is seriously putting his 'legacy' at risk.
He was known for being a 'good guy' who
built houses for the poor and looked after
American farmers as well as the poor in
other countries. He was a lousy Commander
in Chief ... but after the presidency he became
known as a 'good guy'.

But lately ... ugh ...
His legacy is at serious risk.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
For decades Hamas has offered a ceasefire if Israel would only withdraw from the terroritories they occupied in the 1967 sneak attack.

Simply give back what you took.

Is that asking too much?

Israel is not a partner for peace becasue Israel has never even offered to give it all back.

In every case Israel always wanted more land.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by ArchAngel]

So you advocate terrorism in order to get back land that you never owned?

The Palestinians NEVER had a land... they lived in Syrian Territory. Israel was invaded by Romans and later on my Muslims during the time of the Crusades. It was always Jewish land, that was stolen form the Jewish people over an over again. And that why it was called Israel, otherwise it would have been called something else. In fact another proof that that piece of land was never Mulsem is right under the Domme of the Roc Mosque... right under that mosque is the Ancient Jewish temple that the muslims destroyed after stealing the land from the Jews. If that land had been muslim all along there would have been no Jewish temple in there.

simple and mathematical!

I always wonder... what if the Native Americans decide to start blowing themskeeves up to get the "whiteys" outta-here..the difference is that the NA's were in the USA first... on the opposite of the Palestinians who NEVER owned Israel.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why should we beleave anything Jimmy "The Peanut" Carter has to say?

He has been wrong on almost every important issue that confronted him during his Presidency and he has proven himself to be a Fool afterwards.

He basically handed Iran to radical Islam and now he wants us to "give HAMAS a chance"....what a joke, he needs to go back to the Peanut Farm and Shut-up.

Maximu§

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Why should we beleave anything Jimmy "The Peanut" Carter has to say?

He has been wrong on almost every important issue that confronted him during his Presidency and he has proven himself to be a Fool afterwards.

He basically handed Iran to radical Islam and now he wants us to "give HAMAS a chance"....what a joke, he needs to go back to the Peanut Farm and Shut-up.

Maximu§

Carter has sadly turned into a senile old man. Senile enough to think that he can somehow rescue his failed presidential legacy by playing at being a "world statesman". Well, if the way his negotiated settlement with the north koreans turned out is any guide, we can't put any faith or energy into what he says about the islamofascists - aka hamas.

Before you turn into the political version of muhammad ali - don't go away mad, Jimmy. Just go away. Oh, wait. Too late.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorta' on subject -

navysite.de...

Jimmy is leaning so far to the left that I don't think he
can see straight anymore. Wonder how long it is
until he even starts picketting the nuclear sub that
is named after him. Really.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Really, I can't figure out why Bush still tries to humor carter - especially after all the mud carter has thrown at Bush. Maybe it's done out of pity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join