It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombia smugglers 'used puppies'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   

News BBC

A Colombian drugs network has been trying to smuggle heroin into the US by surgically implanting it into pedigree puppies, US drugs agents have said.

In one case, 14 packets of liquid heroin were found sewn into the bellies of six Labrador puppies by a vet.

The gang's alleged activities were revealed when local and US agents who raided a farm in Colombia found 10 puppies, six with scars on their bellies, the DEA said.

Ultrasound scans revealed the packets, weighing about 3kg (7lbs) and worth some $200,000 (£113,000), inside those dogs.

Three of the puppies died as a result of infection after the drugs were removed but three survived and are said to be "alive and well".

"I think it's outrageous and heinous that they'd use small, innocent puppies in this way!"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

For Fecks Sake! Whats Next!

We have a Dog where I live, and he is also a Labrador, like those little Puppies, used by the Colombians, and I remember when he was little, how cute he was. And to Cut them Open to smuggle DRUGS just Friggin' Pissed me off!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
That is so sad to hear

How can anyone do this?

It amazes me the way some people think? or don't think should I say

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is a horrible story...

As long as we have a drug prohibition though, things like this will continue to happen as unsavoury characters are willing to do anything and harm anyone or anything (including these innocent puppies) to make the huge amounts of money available from the black market.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
To say that this is disgusting is to be an understatement.

Drug smugglers are just about the lowest form of creature on this earth, and episodes like this merely confirm this. Puppies? Only using little babies would be worse...oh yeah...they do that too. Damn.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is a horrible story...

As long as we have a drug prohibition though, things like this will continue to happen as unsavoury characters are willing to do anything and harm anyone or anything (including these innocent puppies) to make the huge amounts of money available from the black market.

I agree with your comments abolutely.

There is such a vast amount of money to be made from drugs that smugglers will go to any lengths to get the goods to the market place.

There have been so many debates over the years as to who is to blame for the trade.

Some would say if there wasn't the demand in the West for the drugs then the smugglers would go out of business, others say we should make the drugs legal and regulate the price the same as booze or cigarettes.

Whatever eventually happens the smuggling problem is going to get worse until something happens where the demand exists.

The amounts that are intercepted are only a drop in the ocean compared to the amounts getting through.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I find this story just horrific :-(

Being a dog lover, and owner, i know how sweet these animals can be, how on earth could anybody in there right mind use them like this.

Makes me sick :-(

new topics

top topics

join