It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Report Says Iran Has Nuclear Warhead Plans. (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The U.N. said in a report on Tuesday that Iran has obtained documents and drawings on the black market which serve no other purpose but to make a nuclear weapon. Iran has claimed that they did not ask for these documents but that they recieved them anyways as part of other purchases in the black market. The report also states that Tehran has not restarted uranium enrichement despite them claiming they would do so earlier this month.

news.yahoo.com
In the brief report obtained Tuesday, however, the agency said bluntly that the 15 pages of text and drawings showing how to cast fissile uranium into metal were "related to the fabrication of nuclear weapon components."

Asked about the finding, a senior diplomat close to the IAEA declined to elaborate but emphasized that the documents had no other use. He demanded anonymity in exchange for discussing confidential information.

The report said the documents were under agency seal, meaning that IAEA experts should be able to re-examine them, but "Iran has declined a request to provide the agency with a copy."

The documents in question were given to Iran by members of the nuclear black market network, the IAEA said. Iran has claimed it did not ask for the documents but received them anyway as part of other black market purchases.

The papers were shown for perusal as part of unrelated documents, leading to speculation among diplomats accredited to the IAEA that Iran had revealed them in error.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So Tehran is found to have drawings and plans for making a nuclear warhead and they claim they did not ask for them, but were given to them anyways?....

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
No responses to this story?

i guess a lot of member have already made up their minds on this.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well, I'll vote yes on this, but this isn't exactly the blockbuster of the year. The country run by the man who calls for the annihilation of Israel and Western culture plans to build nuclear weapons under the guise of peaceful nuclear power plants. Wow! I sure didn't see that one coming.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Grady, i knew that you and a couple of other members would have seen the lies told by the iranian regime, yet there are other members who would not believe it even if the Iranian president himself proclaimed to have nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
No we all see this. But really it's just getting real real sad. To see all of the "ramp" up to this.

First you have the UN back before the Iraq War stating that they are against the attack in Iraq. People then begin to feel a kind of comfort in the UN, thinking "wow this UN really cares, and is about peace!"

Now for the final chapter sigh.... A ramp up for this bigger battle.. Now that the UN is for the attack on Iran, it makes people feel that it is truly a threat. The Psy-Op has come full circle. Since how can you disagree with such angels right??? I mean they were against us attacking Iraq, so this mucst be real...... Sad very very sad... Bless those innocent people whom have no control.

Amen ( I love Ra )

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I also voted yes because I believe this subject needs to stay in the headlines. If it doesn't, it will make it all the more possible for war as people assume the "ostrich position" (head stuck in the sand so they can't see what's going on). To me, that's where the real danger for war exists.

[edit on 2/2/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
LaoTsu, i agree partially with your assertions, actually just the one where you say "innocent people have to pay once more." It is a shame that this would happen to people, but what other choice is there? allow Iran to use their nuclear weapons to wipe Israel off the map and attack any of the 29 targets that the Revolutionary Guards have said they have acquired and are just ready for the go ahead? then more innocent people will have to suffer.

I wish there was a way to get rid every nation of all wmd, but there isn't. For the most part wishes are not part of the real world, and more often than not we have to face "reality" instead of wallowing in wishes.

However it is your choice, or anyone else's, to either face the situation and find a way to solve the problem, or just decide to wish away every problem we encounter.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
According to the version of the story I read, Iran voluntarily submitted these to the IAEA. Plus, there is no evidence that Iran currently has nuclear weapons.

In addition, this person so cleverishly left this part out:

The report by the agency, ahead of a meeting of its 35-member board Thursday, also confirmed information recently provided by diplomats familiar with the Iran probe that Tehran has not started small-scale uranium enrichment since announcing it would earlier this month.

They may get them in the future, but you think they would be more subtle about it if they were, instead of saying "Hey look, we have documents showing how to make nuclear weapons." I mean, they have to be kind of boneheaded if they were really building nukes. Unless, they were using reverse-reverse pyschology on us.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Jamuh, read the introduction line again....

Thanks...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I read it...

Thanks...

By the way, how are you doin'?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I only pray that Hillary is in office before the US decides to do anything. Or that the US lets cooler, more mature people (i.e. UN,EU) handle this before we create even more misery in the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am good thanks, just got back to Montana, we are about 5 miles from Canada now, it is strangely warm up here.

Anyways, i guess the "bias, no vote" came from you thinking i didn't put in the introduction line that Iran has not restarted the uranium enrichment.

I wonder who gave me the "grammar, no vote" maybe grover.

Anyways, it seems that on this one most countries are agreeing, more or less, on the situation and what must be done.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yes, this winter has been strangely warm. I'm out in the Midwest, and it's like spring.

But, actually, the "no, bias" vote was because of the CNN story, so maybe I should have said the source instead. It's just surprising and strange that Iran didn't pull a Pakistan and is proceeding as they are.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hillary in office?....

Then we will really be in trouble...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by curme
I only pray that Hillary is in office before the US decides to do anything.

maybe you should read up some more on your would be saviour, hillary clinton:

Hillary Blasts Bush Over Iran

she is saying that bush's stance on iran isnt strong enough!

furthermore, she was one of the strongest supporters for the iraq war to begin with....that is before she realized that it was becoming political suicide to back the war as it became prolonged, then decided to do the old switcharoo.

Or that the US lets cooler, more mature people (i.e. UN,EU) handle this before we create even more misery in the world.

bush is doing that. didnt you listen to the state of the union address? he wants iran to abide by their agreements and accept the political solutions to avoid war. the US isnt taking the lead on this issue, the europeans are, with france in the lead.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by snafu7700]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wait....

CNN is too biased for ATSNN?

If that is the case then all news media are too biased for any story. This is what the Asian Times is reporting about this same issue.

With the United Nations Security Council's permanent five - the US, Russia, China, France and Britain - banding together to recommend that Iran be reported to the council, at least for now the clear winner is the US, which has allowed the diplomatic option to play itself out.

The loser is Iran, which seems to have lost the support - or at least understandings - given by Beijing and Moscow that it would not be referred to the UN over its nuclear program.

Iran is in the process of being isolated. No major power wants to be on its side. Much of the international community does not believe that Tehran does not have intention to develop nuclear weapons. Even Russia - which has earned billions from Iran's various nuclear plants - is not willing to state categorically that Iran would not want to become the next nuclear-armed power.

Excerpted from.
www.atimes.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
BTW, all the people that keep voting no because of grammar, to fix introduction etc. I have no way to edit the original story, so i can't make any changes.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Muadibb, it's not about whether Russia thinks Iran will build a nuclear weapon or not. It's about reporting the events in their entirety, and I believe that it is important to note that Iran handed over these documents.

The document was given to Iran by members of the nuclear black market network, the IAEA said. The same network provided Libya with drawings of a crude nuclear bomb, which that country handed over to the IAEA as part of its 2003 decision to scrap its atomic weapons program.

Damn, I must be tired, because that seems to be in the article....

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yes, it is in the article.

BTW the real question is whether or not this was done in purpose by the regime of Iran, or even if it was a direct order from the iranian president. Remember that he believes that chaos must be rampant in the world before the imam comes back from the well where he hid since the 9 century A.D.

I think it is very possible that not only is the regime of Iran trying to get nuclear weapons, but there are some factions in the Iranian regime that want the world to know this so they can start a war.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Don't forget about the Ayatollah Supreme Commander of Iran. Technically, he is the Commander of the Armed Forces. I wonder how he fits into this.

top topics

join