It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If We Are The Aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Did you know that an African tribe called the Dogons of Mali believe that we are from the constellation of Orion's belt? They call the planet Potolo and it orbits around a star near the dog star. This star isn't visible to the naked eye so the scientists of those days wrote it off as nonsense but they later discovered that it actually exists. Ancient Egyptians, such as Isis, claim to be from the stars as well. There are pyramids on every continent and they all are aligned astronomically to the stars. What if we are in fact from some planet that orbits a star in the same way earth does? Wouldn't it be cool if that planet is still populated with people that look just like us? I wouldn't like the idea of my ancestors' ancestors looking like greys but I definitely don't like the idea of my ancestors looking like apes neither. LOL!!! Gimme some input people...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NEGROPOLIS
Did you know that an African tribe called the Dogons of Mali believe that we are from the constellation of Orion's belt? They call the planet Potolo and it orbits around a star near the dog star. This star isn't visible to the naked eye so the scientists of those days wrote it off as nonsense but they later discovered that it actually exists. Ancient Egyptians, such as Isis, claim to be from the stars as well. There are pyramids on every continent and they all are aligned astronomically to the stars. What if we are in fact from some planet that orbits a star in the same way earth does? Wouldn't it be cool if that planet is still populated with people that look just like us? I wouldn't like the idea of my ancestors' ancestors looking like greys but I definitely don't like the idea of my ancestors looking like apes neither. LOL!!! Gimme some input people...

I find understanding that we are an intrinsic part of the natural processes of this planet helps me appreciate nature in all its forms. I find it difficult to look at the great apes and not see our close relationship to them.

Almost everything is possible, some things are just more possible than others.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yeah, but even though you can see the close relationship between man and ape the fact remains that we still could've all originated from another planet that orbits a star in the same fashion as our solar system. I'm just askin' you all to entertain the thought for a moment.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I could believe that aliens might have had something to do with our evolution, but I doubt we are descended from them. The similarity of our genes to other animals is just too great for us to have been descended from a species not native to this planet. They might have tweaked the genes of some early ancestor, but that's most likely all that happened, if it happened at all. Parallel evolution of another planet with ours is very extremely highly improbable.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
As far as anyone knows, the only life in the universe is right here on earth and nowhere else. So it would probably be a good idea to find life elsewhere first, then postulate whether we came from there, rather than just dragging ourselves up from the mud right here.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Laurence Gardner has an interesting hypothesis in 'Genesis of the Grail Kings'.

He explains that the Annunaki came here looking for gold (to fill a hole in their ozone layer, or something to that effect). To that end, they set up three major refineries, one in Africa (the most productive), one in South America, and one in the Middle East, presumably near Babylon. [For aliens, they certainly picked the right spots to dig.]

Apparently, when Annunaki labor became rebellious, the team in Africa looked around and said, Hey! We've got some primates down here who could probably do the job. (That would likely be whatever is right before humans on the evolutionary chart.)

So, Enki (leader of the gold mining expedition) enlists the aid of his sister or wife, not too sure, Ninhursag. She's the one who, supposedly, mixes the genes of that primate, and the Annunaki. The result is a race they call the "Adapa"... sound familiar?

If this hypothesis were true, that which makes us different from our closer primate cousins would be what they added.

Originally posted by Enkidu
As far as anyone knows, the only life in the universe is right here on earth and nowhere else.

I'm surprised you feel that way, considering your member name.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
There is also a story that earth is actually the home planet andthat beings Posing as the gods of various ancient Earth religions (from Egyptian and Babylonian to Greek and Chinese), abducted ancient humans, taking them to populate hundreds of other worlds -- to work as slaves to support the empires of their "gods," and to worship them. TThese humans evolved differently than us and some became far superior intelectually......OH wait thats stargate sg-1.....a story...silly me.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

He explains that the Annunaki came here looking for gold (to fill a hole in their ozone layer, or something to that effect).

Yeah. Has anybody ever figured out how that's supposed to work? Seems to me if you want to fill an ozone layer, you need to produce more ozone. How does gold figure into that?

And let me get this straight. The Annunaki are technologically advanced enough to travel through space and to genetically engineer hominids like myself so we could dig for gold, but they're not smart enough to figure out a better way to mine it than that? Hell, the streams in California have gold just lying in them ready to be scooped up.

Excuse me, but the story just don't make no damn sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

He explains that the Annunaki came here looking for gold (to fill a hole in their ozone layer, or something to that effect).

Yeah. Has anybody ever figured out how that's supposed to work? Seems to me if you want to fill an ozone layer, you need to produce more ozone. How does gold figure into that?

And let me get this straight. The Annunaki are technologically advanced enough to travel through space and to genetically engineer hominids like myself so we could dig for gold, but they're not smart enough to figure out a better way to mine it than that? Hell, the streams in California have gold just lying in them ready to be scooped up.

Excuse me, but the story just don't make no damn sense.

Well, I didn't say that it was my theory!

I don't know the specifics of how the gold fixed their ozone layer, but it could have worked like a patch, filling up the empty space and deflecting 'outer space,' however all that works. I really don't know.

About their mining expertise: supposedly, when they arrived on the planet, they sent back for an Annunaki contingent of miners, which they received and put to work. Soon, the workers got tired of working on such a boring planet at such a bad job, so their leaders had to come up with another alternative.

I don't think there would have been enough gold in the streams of California to do the job.

And, you didn't answer me about your name.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that, perhaps we are the most advanced intellegent "aliens" in the solar system, and we might be the first to discover a earth like planet that is developing, as in has cultures very similar to our ancient cultures? Ive also thought, how neat it would be to come across another planet that was almost exactly like ours, and maybe people are in a decade equivilent to our 1900's, and they have already gona through roman type cultures, knights, etc. we could help them so much, just with information. prevent mistakes we have made. anyway, thats just my thoughts on "what if we are the aliens"

[edit on 28-2-2006 by acura_el2000]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by acura_el2000
Has anyone ever thought that, perhaps we are the most advanced intellegent "aliens" in the solar system,

I have often wondered this.

First off I think it would not be so smart to say we are the only living organisms in the universe. The place is just wayyy to huge, for me at least, to believe we are the only "intelligent" life in it.

I always thought it was weird when people made claims that any aliens would be far more advanced? Maybe we are the first to evolve and other planets will catch up sooner. Maybe they will become a lot more advanced in a shorter a mount of time but are just not there yet.

The more I think about it the more I realize the possibilities are endless.

top topics

join