It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty bold statement made by BUSH! 75% less oil from Mid East by 2025!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Is this a real timetable or is he just powdering the balls of a lot of people? This is in the wake of him defending large oil companies profits today, saying don't expect a drop in prices.

"The price of oil should be determined on the marketplace, I think." Goerge W. Bush

Wasn't he a bankrupted oilman? lol.

li nk

[edit on 1-2-2006 by asala]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ya....

they already backed out of that one.
Knight Ridder

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FernandoPoo
Ya....

they already backed out of that one.
Knight Ridder

That is so funny! He just can't ride his momentum very well... You remember the I have political Capitial and I plan on spending it? He never got to spend because of all the GOP mishaps...

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
out of 10,088.....thousand barrels of oil that we import, only 2,400 (thousand barrels) of this comes from the persian gulf. I don't see why we couldn't find a way to cut our need for all of it, alot sooner than Bush's goal. so, what's the problem? increase the efficiency of our new cars, import a little more from the other sources, utilize coal, nuclear, natural gas, hydroelectric, wind, solar, and well, we could find other sources....probably already have.

www.eia.doe.gov...

MBF

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
They don't want to find energy alternatives as bad as they want you to believe. I know an aid to a senator and I asked him about getting a grant for an alternative energy project. He told me that even as much as they appear to be pushing alternative energy power scources, that it is real low on their priority list and that I would not get one. Just think, a lot of the people in power in this country made their fortunes from the oil industry.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Is this a real timetable or is he just powdering the balls of a lot of people?

Bush would never make a bold statement that he couldn't keep! By the way, whatever happened to his manned flight to Mars for only 12 billion? I'm pretty sure I remember something like that, about a week after he pledged to cut the deficit in half.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
When he makes a statement like that and they follow up saying it wasn't true, it makes you question the legitimacy of anything he says.

Granted, lying is what politicians are best at, but that doesn't make it right for any of them.

I honestly wonder if there are any politicians in this government who are honest people. I mean, truly honest. I bet every one of them has lied at least once during the path to election.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
75% less oil by 2025....once martial law is in place and they have rounded up all the U.S. citizens on the Red List and Blue List , put them in FEMA detainment camps and snuffed them all then we will be using 75% less oil..........now it all makes sense.

NWO baby !!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The Bush crime family will make sure either the Florida area or the Alaskan wilderness is tapped in the next ten years. They're big oil , it's inevitable!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The president makes a statement that he hopes to reduce the use of oil and all you can do is berate him and talk about hte Bush crime family, and who is in the know.

In the next 20 years the Business sector will find a way to market and make money of of alternative fules, but if you cannot make money with something, why back it? This is the same with anything. Once contracts can be put in place to replace aging machinary with new, it will happen. It will also boost the economy with more jobs, which is at it's lowest rate in a very long time.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You actually believe anything that freak has to say ?....keep believing cubby!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Cubby huh? You need to look to the future and not to the next paycheck, and take a little look at history at how we are controlled in every aspect of our lives.

What i am stating is that whether or not Bush made the statement, you will see a shift to alternate power sources. It is just becoming cost effective though not profit breaking.

If you feel you can add some substance to this conversation, that's ok, but I was never a cub scout, I got kicked out for eating a brownie.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Bush Family [I hold the crime out this time] is saturated in oil. Unless you see them with their own money being invested in alternative sources of fuel why would they ever want these other fuels to ever become a significant part of our lives. The Bush Family - The most destructive force in the world today.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You think the Bush family is the most destructivce force in the world today. Please back that up with something, anything. I know what george sr. did and created, and all about Prescott Bush. just because they become involved so in politics did they suddenly become targets. There are families and people who actually do control things, but it is not the Bush family. They may benefit but so is bieng in that circle but no control.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What Bush is doing with his littler statement is to defend the Record profits of the oil barons that he is so fond off due to close relationships.

And tried to easy off the millions of American's anger against the unfairness of having to pay more at the pump while cutting on their grocery budgets while the Exxon, Texaco, Chevron and others executives reap the gains while controlling the markets.

This is what we get when our own government do not work for us the people that elected them but for the private interest that are funding their careers.

This is the American of today and any american should be Ashame for thinking bad about what our elected government does or doesn't do when it comes to protect anything else but the American people.

Shame on us for questioning our elected officials and who pays them.

After all in 2025 they all will be in expensive bonkers while the rest of the nation is dying in Armageddon.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
200% more from the middle north east.

He won't even be president so how the hell does he know where we will be in 20 years?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Bush has strong ties to big oil companies, that much is obvious.
I do not beleive he would have said this had not some sort of plan been produced for his eyes before he said it.
Remember, the President makes Very Little policy decisions in this country, he is mostly a figurehead.
Consider the 2000 elections, Bush and Gore both had ties to big oil and to secret societies, and their families were both political dynasties. Just because they pretend to play politics on screen doesn't mean that behind closed doors they weren't in absolute agreement over a plan for this country, already put into effect.
It's quite possible that those in real power do want to move away from the Arab Oil beaurecrats and more towards Americo-centric energy supplies. This would undermine the economies of some of the Arab nations making it harder for them to form a bloc against US interests should they so choose to unite. But it won't cripple the Arab oil market, China, Russia and Europe are all huge importers of oil and with China emerging as the next global superpower it's not inconceivable that many oil contracts would be rewarded to Chinese investment firms over Western.
But then again, that may be the entire point, reduce dependency on Arab oil, put forth a new from of energy and have another level of leverage against the forthcoming giant dragon with a military no longer reliant on fossil fuels.
Just a thought.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by SpecAgentDW]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
He'll continue his 'War' and say at such a juncture a change of command would destroy everything, he will ask Congress and the Senate for an extension. He will push to amend the 2 Term Law. Mark it.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Which is precisely the exact same thing FDR did during the second world war, he served an unconstitutional third term.
FDR said it best when he said "If it happens in politics, you can be assured it was meant to happen that way."

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
when Big business can make money of alternative fuels, you will see a drop in oil import and use. Until then, there will not be.

ogj.pennnet.com...

The initiative includes a 22% increase in clean energy research at the Department of Energy aimed at improving production of electricity and changing "how we power our automobiles," the president said. "Our goal is to make this new kind of ethanol competitive and practical within 6 years," the president said. "Breakthroughs on this and other new technologies will help us reach another great goal—to replace more than 75% of our oil imports from the Middle East by 2025."

Through "talent and technology," he said, the US can "move beyond a petroleum-based economy and make our dependence on Middle Eastern oil a thing of the past."

How can this be a bad thing, or something he is making money on? The only people this should worry are the Saudi's. I don't think Bush wants a 3rd term, I mean, why would he?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join