It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patty Hearst and the SLA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Why Was Patricia Hearst Kidnapped?

By Mae Brussell--An article from February 1974

Clip from the article:

The end goal of the SLA – World War III – is to plunge the Third World masses into starvation and slavery. We have accomplished this through the CIA in 77 countries. The Third World inside the United States is the next selected victim.

The SLA was nurtured inside the American prison system. This will provide the excuse to isolate prisons from future visitors, creating private Dachaus and another Auschwitz.

The SLA was created in order to spread terror and fear across the country. There will be a forced response upon existing radicals. Domestic chaos will escalate.

Carefully synchronized with the Hearst kidnapping in Berkeley were a series of provocateur-inspired kidnappings. Fictitious "armies" surfaced. As far away as England, well-dressed and well-financed Ian Ball was pretending to kidnap Princess Anne to "feed the poor." After his brief moment in history, Ball was taken away to a mental hospital.

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'll admit I didn't read most of your very lengthy link.
And, since it is so long, it would greatly benefit others for you to start off the discussion.
What is it about the article that made you post it in Skunk Works? What is your opinion?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The whole SLA thing in a nutshell, according to the author, was to create race riots as an excuse to declare martial law. (I forgot to warn people--bring a drink and snacks when reading because it's a long one.)

So this martial law threat is nothing new. It's at least 35 years old. What I found interesting was that this article is from 1974 and you'd think they were talking about 2006!

The SLA appears to be a front. Some of its members, rather than being radical "progressives" (progress to WHAT is my question), were actually rather conservative!

It seems that just about anything noteworthy in our history has something going on behind it.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Could be an NWO plot perhaps?

Anyway, considering it was old surely they're disbanded or something?
Imagine how easy it would be to do that though considering they brainwashed Patty.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So, what was Steven Weed's role in all of this?

(other than being an obscure trivia question from the 70's )

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
So, what was Steven Weed's role in all of this?

(other than being an obscure trivia question from the 70's )

Got me there. I just skimmed through it and thought it looked interesting.

As far as I know he's an ex-boyfriend. Patty Hearst married some guy named Shaw and had two daughters.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm old. I don't rember much about the Patty hearst story other than weed was her fiance. She dumped him after she was kidnapped.

Who can forget a name like "Steven Weed?"

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
No kidding! Sounded like the ideal last name for that time!

The whole thing first happened when I was not a month away from my first birthday, and my mother was pregnant with my sister.

Wow.
It's been that long!

new topics

top topics

join