It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opec's Response To Pres. Bush's State of the Union Speech.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
ya know, as far as the quality of education, and how that hinders our ability to be innovative and develope new technology, I wonder, just what were the educational opportunities for Einstien, Ford, the wright brothers, Franklin, and the rest. I honestly think they had less opportunities, less education, and well, less subjects covered in that education. What, I think it was Einstien that the school system of the time really didn't like that much, thought he was too stupid to learn, wasn't it.

it doesn't take state of the art labs in awesome schools teaching tons of kids to come up with new ways to do things, it just takes a few unique, curious individuals who are unfamiliar with the word impossible.

I hope bush throws alot into solving our energy dependance, and the developement of new sources. the country that gets that little gem first, and developes it, will be the new world leader more than likely.

But unless, of course the current energy giants, bush's buddies, are there to rake in the majority of the profits from such technology, well, Bush isn't gonna do too much. which is probably why we're still sitting here, with the same problems we faced 30 or more years ago.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If ya wanna find out about the state of education in the US, liste to the Hannity Radio Show on Thursdays when he does those 'Man on the street' interviews.
I found the show a while back, and was SHOCKED at what I heard!.
Banjo Guru

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We should have backed out of OPEC in the 1970s, that way the price for a barrel of Texas Tea wouldn't be this high. It's all because the oil companies had their way with the U.S. government then, like in a sort of fashion that is going on now. Prices for a gallon of gas are going through the roof and it seems that no one in the White House is wanting to stop this madness.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
someone's taking him seriously, and they kind of sound worried about it.....
what do you think?

Opec issues warning on Bush oil pledge

news.ft.com...

they want me to pay to read the rest.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
similar story....

www.business-standard.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
*looks at watch*

whenever your ready.

Not only did OPEC put bush in his place for smackin' his jaw's about trying to wean Americans from this 'addiction'...

Exxon makes it clear that he is just blowing smoke up our gAsses too.

"Realistically, it is simply not feasible in any time period relevant to our discussion today," Exxon Mobil Senior Vice President Stuart McGill said, referring to what he called the "misperception" that the United States can achieve energy independence."

today.reuters.com...

Oh, and check out the amount of oil we are currently getting from Canada, and the tremendous amount of new drilling that is taking place in that country before you head for the hills up there.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon
OPEC should be worried....about not being able to GOUGE the world's pockets anymore. Serves them right. Now just watch them jack up the price by cutting production in the next few weeks.

Mark my words!

OPEC has not been in control of oil prices for a very long time so please stop accusing them ( them being those 'horrible Arabs' no doubt) of all the worlds trouble's

The evidence would be rather plain to see if you spent any time on this section of the forum. The same warning goes to all who thinks they can blame OPEC while it's their very own western governments who help perpetuate these high oil prices.

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join