page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I tried to follow the video tutorial but am too dumb to figure it out. Look what a mess I made out of my avatar. Can someone help?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i am browsing via a wii nintendo, it will not let me evan put my cursor on the avatar upload box let alone click it i have image in mind but cant get passt it thanks
-jplaysguitar

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This video tutorial was extremely helpful. Thank you. Now, it's time to find an avatar, which might be harder than expected.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

(click to open player in new window)

help.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Whimsical]

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

good thread ,thank you.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just finished my avatar all by myself!!

I don't know how to center it and I can live with that but......

I read the article about copyright and I am still unsure if I can use this image.

Also I realized I have been here 6 months and have 18 posts--2 more to go.

I guess I just enjoy reading what everybody else has to say

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by S1J1A1

It will center and span the width of the column if you resize the avatar to 170x240.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I tried to take your advise. I don't know where to go to resize the image.

I'm really surprised I was able to even setup an avatar. Until last year I didn't even know what an avatar was.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hey guys, I really suck at giving technical advice, but if you're somewhat tech savvy, you may be able to keep up with me...

I learned how to change my avatar to the mini-profile and enlarge the viewable pixels..

It's easy:

go to member's section

scroll down until you reach avatar filename & mini-profile filename

copy the avatar filename starting with the / before members ... ex: /member/59286001eab5.jpg .... from original: h*ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59286001eab5.jp*g

copy this edited section, remember it's like: /member/59286001eab5.jpg ... to the mini-profile filename box just below...

now, you need to go to google and search for a transparent image else create your own. this will enable your avatar to be much larger than otherwise...

Pretty sure you can just grab mine here:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Set this above or one of your choosing to the avatar filename box that's just above the modified mini-profile filename you just placed in.

... uh, you're done !!

...I used gimp in linux to place a box and highlighted areas around anywhere there was txt, so it could be read more easily. .. still looks a little amateur, so will proly touch it up a bit..

edit on 11-10-2010 by unityemissions because: so that http link is viewable
edit on 11-10-2010 by unityemissions because: sbellnig

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
For what it is worth, here is a template for setting an avatar to fall between the title blocks and the registered block.

Just drop in an image of the indicated dimensions, change the solid color, and use it as a background image. This approach still requires you to use the clear gif avatar.

edit on 11-10-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Hope I'm in the right place for an avatar question. I have tried several times to post my avatar..it says I did it, but it doesn't show up.

I went to my pictures, browsed my photos, uploaded the photo, clicked on options under my photo,,,but it still doesn't show on the discussion board, but it does show on some other pages. AGGGHHH. Help please.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Hope I'm in the right place for an avatar question. I have tried several times to post my avatar..it says I did it, but it doesn't show up.

I went to my pictures, browsed my photos, uploaded the photo, clicked on options under my photo,,,but it still doesn't show on the discussion board, but it does show on some other pages. AGGGHHH. Help please.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Did it work?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am such an idiot!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
test for avatar

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Also test for avatar - If nothing shows I will be real embarrassed

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
OK - nada - What happened ?? Do i need to resize?

And if so, can I do that on ATS or have to go back to Paint (or whatever it is I was usiing)?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
testing testing 1...2..3

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

FYI....The link you posted is down. I'm getting a construction logo saying try agin later.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Getting 404 message with your link

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mechanic 32

Having trouble with direction for avatar. I reduced my picture "Avatar" to the specified pixal requirements. Added to my ats photo album. It appears there, I can see it. But when I click it to make it my avatar it only shows the upper left hand corner of the avatar. The size change I made and saved to is correct. It's in JPEG form. And it is the correct size. Just wanted to know if there is a problem currently with this service?
Most likely it's me and not you.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join