It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africa: the Prison Continent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I really don't care what you went through when you moved to England, nor do I care what you went through in Jamaica.

Then why are you wasting your time on a thread to do with poverty? You obviously still have a bit of that devoid, ''I want to be superior'' psycology left over from your colonial days. If you truly were there'd be no need to sublim it on Tv or jump into threads about poverty to prove your worth.

You guys are well and truly pathetic.

I'd actually vote BNP, you know that? Your economy wouldn't survive without us ethnic people on your cold cursed land. It'd be doing us a favor in the long run. Your lions claws are old and dull, the only thing stopping a revolution across the west is that police line at Geneva.

The fact that you're on here shows how pathetic you guys are, you must be kids to actually jump into a topic about global politics with your crap.

I've had talks with many people about the mental state of many ''white supremisits'' a given complex leads to delusion. For the most part, normal white people feel so confused about what their leaders have done in the past, they can't accept it. The only way for them to turn is to either feel guilty, probably why many are so liberal, or to go the other way which is to foolishly feel proud of their ancestors wrong doings as though it was right.

I've gone off on a bit of one, I admit. I have nothing against white people, I have no time to get all racial and could easily confuse you with my true thoughts on the topic. Your government cares less for you that you'd ever think but England rightfully so, belongs to the English, therefore the English have the right to feel threatened by minorities and want them/us out. Just as I a Jamaican have the right to want your politics and arms dealers out of my country Jamaica... which actually belongs to the Amer-indians as I'm African, just as you used to be (Darwin was well pissed off when he found out about that one, good thing science has no room for religion then eh? Check out CG Jungs writing on the topic, why you people never belived in Ancestor whorship like the rest of the world I don't know)

You probably don't even read the posts you reply to, your too hyped up for that. But its simple. I have the right to want your arms dealers and government policies out of Africa/the rest of the third world just as you have the right to the borders of England.

I've had a private education, but it was at the expence of my parents financial standing so I've sat with your rich and have sat with the poor alike. Those people in the third world aren't even as worse off that you think. You're western mentality makes everything about materialism... money... cars... etc. Those people in the third world are content with themselves as long as they have the basics in life. Ie; Food, water and shelter. Its actually how you mangaed, over hundreds and hundreds of years to take over much of the world. We are of spirit just take a look at the tirbes of Africa and the peoples of India and you can see it. lol. Half of them are acutally content in waiting around for western rule to fall like the Rastafari. My people are acutally, as we type and bicker like 18 year olds with nothing to do making progress to support those standing in the third world. As most sit and wait for western rule to end, we're setting up African Banks to support our standing in this country. You might even hear about it soon. It really is a shame to come on here, a site about ignorance to find, ignorance, people with no standing but have since replaced it with foolishness.

Hitler was a great man, many black people would tell you that, he stood in a time of strife and fought tooth and nail for his country during a time when the Jewish population held all the wealth in gold and would rather have seen their German brothers fall in starvation than give them a helping hand. No offence to the Jews on here.

Its a shame that you guys are more Viking than Roman.

I'm opting for this thread to be locked.

Peace
Rebel-lion

[edit on 1-2-2006 by An Entity]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Calm down people, please!!!

Don't let this become a shoving match.

This is a real problem, in fact the BIGGEST problem on this planet. So let's have a serious discussion about this without calling names, and without trying to near the T&C border without actually breaking it with ignorant and bigoted remarks about third world people.

Thank you,

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How about if all the countries in the world that has taken natural resources out of Africa return the wealth they acquired from the rape of their land.

That will be a good start.

I definately agree. Western nations have raped third world countries for years of their resources. That saying, I'm definately not being hypocritical here if anyone of you want to refer to my above post...

[edit on 1-2-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You also have to remember that people with guns steal the aid as well. I'm surprised no-one said anything about it. Sure, food may get there and hit the ground as well as medication and water, but during transport to where it is needed....how much actually reaches it's destination without being hijacked and stolen? How many people fighting over there just take the food or water and could care less how many mothers or children are dying?

It's not that the international community is blind. It's just not an easy situation. I'm not starting a company of there to create jobs....It'd get hijacked and taken over.....I'm also not walking to some villiage with medicine, cause I'd be dead. Air drops? No neccesarrily getting where it needs to go either.

And I'm sure Souljah, you wouldn't want the US or the UK to park a couple aircraft carriers off the coast and promote stability.....

Though I always wonder why even with all the hunger and starvation....someone in nigeria always finds my e-mail address and wants to send me fake money orders...lol

(That last part was a little humor in light of a tense situation)

-DT

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

I definately agree. Western nations have raped third world countries for years of their resources.

I only which it was that easy Bandit, but taking in consideration that most of the nations in the African continent are corrupt that money will never reach the people.

The problem with the population migrating from their homes trying to stay away from war and conflicts cause by their local governments is what is causing the overpopulation that many talk about already in the thread.

This why is so much problem with food, shelter and diseases.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by An Entity
lol.

Your politics is what is giving us trouble in Jamaica. Your politicians are more corrupt that you think. We get barrels of coc aine float up on our shores. The Columbians work with the CIA to sell drugs and the well named, ''black market'' has Europes fingerprints all over it.

We don't make guns. Your government does... along with Aids and other nasty lab experiments. Take a look on this site and you'll find the proof.

I love how your people are afraid of us as we walk down the street. Smells of guilt to me.

The tables will and are turning

Yea, and our government forces people to buy coc aine and become addicted to it, we also force pople to buy guns and therefore are directly guilty for people being shot with them. What planet do you live on? Ever hear of free will? Or is America or the west responsible for everything? Grow up.

- Attero

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree Derek, there are always corrupted individuals in every African country hogging all the aid and the resources that are supposed to be for the poor and starving. But to me that's a by product. These people learn to forget such things as compassion and it's all a competition, at first a competition for survivors in which the weak die.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by An Entity
I'd actually vote BNP, you know that? Your economy wouldn't survive without us ethnic people on your cold cursed land. It'd be doing us a favor in the long run.

I really doubt that.
Europe was wealthy and poweful before it was filled with ethnic people, in fact it was more powerful than it is now.
Africa is different though. People thought they could do better without the Europeans living there and dominating the government but what happened when they moved out? The place become even further mired in violence and poverty.

If Europeans were to move back in large numbers and take control of the government it would probably turn the place around.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The excuse of colonialism surely dies when the country becomes independant. You can't always bame the past for problems you have in the present, eventually you have to stand up and admit that the problem is INTERNAL to your society and the societal structures.

Africa has certinaly been exploited historically, but when the west left they often left countries well on the way to first world status, Rhodhesia, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana. What happened after that is the responsability of the new states themselves.

The problem is that you can't take tribal based groups and weld them together to become nations from the outside, as the west tried to do.

It has to be an internal intrinsic change of the people themselves. Thats why the new nations failed, they are based on artifical borders and tribal groupings. They also imposed western ethics and social structures upon people unready and unable to live in that manner.

When the western "leaders" left, the people reverted to more traditional practices and societies. African nations have to develop their own way forward, the western template of a good society is not necessarily the right one for every people. This is exactly the issue facing Iraq.

That working through takes generations, it also takes a degree of honesty and self awareness admitting that their society has problems that only they can take the blame for. People can't call themselves victims forever, they eventually need to stand on their own feet and start afresh.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Exactly, they market misery which I dont want to see or know about. Plus you are wrong about the mass media, they sure as hell show a lot of the misery directly into my 41" HD.
You you know what its like seeing them in hi-def ?

Well yet another Brilliant Answer, with which you have shot yourself in the Foot, yet Again. Proud on your 41" Hi-Definition TV? Yeah? Can you watch the Suicide Bombers blow themselves up in the middle of Baghdad city? Or your precious presidents State of the Union Bolony? You were right - you DONT WANT to KNOW, thats your problem. If you did, your mind might have reacted differently. Or not.

No the dealer would not be at fault if their is no law to stop him from doing so, The authorities must pass law and people will comply.
The West has created nothing, especially America. And Corporte capitalism is what gives them food to eat and aid. Do you know that corporations donate money for aid too.

West has CREATED NOTHING? Are you Reading any of my Posts, or are you just Blabbering without any prior knowledge? Did the Evil RUSSIAN Communists colonized Africa? Or CHINESE? Or maybe it was the Evil Japs? Frankly, all the Aid that comes to Africa is NOT ENOUGH, if it were, there would not be Wars, Famine, Starvation, Diseases and DEATH all over the Place. And did you know that PRIVATE DONATORS give alot more then any Goverments or Companies?

How much food we throw away is no business of anybody else. We pay for it with our money which we have earned not appear on Tv saying give me this and give me that. And its not like we are not giving anything is it, we give so much yet it is not enought. Its time they learn to start fending for themselves.

Exactly. Thats why America has SUPER SIZED MENUS, so that the realy FAT people can Thrown the Extra Pounds of French-Fries - oops I mean FREEDOM-Fries - with Extra Nachos and two Big Macks, when watching Jerry Springer show. Thats why America is throwing 50% of their FOOD TO WASTE, which is also creating an Enviromental Problem, with all the Menthane that the rotting food gets out. You have given them NOTHING but empty Hopes and small packages of food - when in fact they need somebody to BUILD them Farms and Infrastructure - not give them food! Do not Give a Man a Fish - TEACH THEM HOW TO CATCH FISH!

They should plant more trees then, build up rainforests and all that jazz to have the pristine environment that they want. The climate change is inevitable and they just have to cope with it. They are human after all, they can adapt to changes in climate like the people in the middle east did.

So now its they have to cope with it, when before you said there is nothing wrong with their Enviroment, and that they should live like they did thousands of years ago. Tell me, do you THINK when you talk, or is it that you just have to say SOMETHING?

A Wise man Talks when he's got SOMETHING to say, a FOOL talks because he just HAS to SAY something!

Becasue the US sees that helping these nations are in its best interests. And the Israelis need it, they got their own bunch of oppressed people dont they.

Where? Who? THE JEWS? THE HELP GOES TO THE JEWS not the PALESTINIANS! If you did not notice, Palestinians DO NOT Live in Isreal - they live in West Bank and Gaza Strip, and have to walk through 15 checkpoints to go from home to work and back. Not to mention, that Palestinian Land is under ILLEGAL Isreai Military Occupation since 1967! Yet the United States still give FREE Military Technology to Isreal, that has the Largest Fleet of F-16's and is the 4th Largest Military in the World - a country the size of New Jersey. Yeah - BE PROUD!

Who said life was fair, do you think it was fair that the BRitish stole our maney in taxes and then we had to loose thousands to get rid of them without any compensation ?? Nothing is fair. If you want fair you have to make it fair.

I agree - Life is NOT Fair at all. Maybe thats the Cruel Reason that the Africa people have to go through the Suffering that they do. All I am saying si that, WE - as the Human Race, as the CITIZENS of this PLANET - can Togather, Make it BETTER, FOR EVERYONE! Not just for the Few, Rich - but for everybody! PEACE AND JUSTICE FOR ALL - remember?

The west has enormous resources because they earned it, as for the US this is especially true. Why should the US part with its hard earned money ? Obviously we keep it to ourselves, we earned it didnt we !
I suggest that the africans do the same. The rest of teh world is doing it like the asian nations, why cant the africans ?

Errr, the West has Enormous Resources, because they STOLE alot of it in the Past. But, you are practicly GIVING Free Aid to Isreal, why not the Africans, a People that REALLY need it. It is not like Isreali's are starving and dying from simple curable diseaes, is it? And I think the Asia has a little bit different Climate, then the Africa. Yes, Asia was once also colonized but the White Man, but their history is alot different and their way of life.

When did the US create any mess in africa ? The US hasnt even been to most of these countries. European colonialims has worked wonders on countries like Singapore, India etc. they arent asking for handouts.

When? Does COLD WAR Ring a Bell? Remember former Zaire - now Congo, where the US SUPPORTED one of the Biggest Warlords and Dictators in Africa Mobutu Sese Soko? Remember him? The US prolonged the rule of Zairian dictator Mobutu Sese Soko by providing more than $300 million in Weapons and $100 million in Military Training. Mobutu used his US-supplied arsenal to repress his own people and Plunder his nation's economy for Three decades! To top it all, His family holds his fortune, and his country holds his $12 billion debt - in a nation with an annual income of $110 per capita, each resident theoretically owes foreign creditors $236. Wow, that was NICE! Want some more Number about the Democratic Republic of Congo - At least 3.3 million people, mostly women, children and the elderly, are estimated to have died because of the conflict!

THANKS USA!

Then they should see that they get it, not give up hope and resort to begging. Begging is not the answer.

They are not BEGGING - they are DYING as we speak! That is not Begging, that is a CALL FOR HELP. So you see a Dying man on the Street, you can see that he is in PRETTY Bad shape, what do you do?

a.) Ignore him
b.) Help him by giving him money
c.) Call the Ambulance
d.) Call the Police
e.) Do nothing

It is our WISH if we want to give aid or not, not a compulsion upon us.

So it is YOUR WISH to Give one Third of 14 Billion dollars worth of ARMS to known human rights abusers? It is YOUR WISH to transferre weaponry to 18 of the 25 countries involved in active conflicts?

How Nice.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
And the People of Africa just Never Cease to Amaze me...

Christian Science Monitor

LAGOS, NIGERIA – At first, it seems a surprising sight: inside a two-story mosque in sub-Saharan Africa's largest metropolis hangs a life-size portrait of Jesus Christ.

This group - originally called "Chris-lam-herb" for its mix-and-match approach to Christianity, Islam, and traditional medicine - is a window on an ongoing religious ferment in Africa. It's still up for debate whether this group, and others like it, could become models for Muslim-Christian unity worldwide or whether they're uniquely African. But either way, they are "part of a trend," says Dana Robert, a Boston University religion professor.

Amid intense sectarian violence in this half- Muslim, half-Christian country, these groups serve as tolerant peacemakers. Also, with widespread poverty and health concerns here, people are seeking practical, profitable religion more than rigid doctrine.

Sitting in a wrought-iron throne, swathed in silky white fabric, the founder of "Chrislam" has these words for followers of the two great faiths: "The same sun that dries the clothes of Muslims also dries the clothes of Christians." Stroking his beard, the man named Tela Tella says, "I don't believe God loves Christians any more than Muslims."

Since the religion's founding two decades ago, this small band has been gathering almost daily to hear his message of inclusiveness - that Christians and Muslims, b]"who are sons of Abraham, can be one."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now that is an EXAMPLE for Alot of Countries around the world, where these Two Religions can not Coexsist. In a Country, that was torn apart by so many Wars, this is a real sign of Peace and Coexistance of this two Religions.

And it doesn't sound that Bad: CHRISLAM.

A simple, but Effective Philosophy, typical for African People:

"The same sun that dries the clothes of Muslims also dries the clothes of Christians."

...and also dries the Clothes of Jews as well...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

gee giving them weapons and they will make war? how about they just stop infighting..instead of blaming us why dont you tell them to act responsible and quit doing things which require weapons.

they have minds, giving them weapons doesnt create war, their hate and suspicion of eachother creates war, if they cant stop fighting by their own choice then obviously stopping arms supplies wont stop war, they will only use knives or homemade explosives or whatever they can make.

they cause their wars by choice and will continue to till their hate dissapears or till they all die.

whiy dont you hold them responsible for their actions which creates their need for weapons? why are they victims? we cant go "here have these weapons, now go attack your neighbor or those people you hate" they take violent actions because they cant change their ways.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
gee giving them weapons and they will make war? how about they just stop infighting..instead of blaming us why dont you tell them to act responsible and quit doing things which require weapons.

It is easy for you to say "how about just stop fighting". Africa has been the dumping ground for used weapons for superpowers for decades, and during the Cold war years, supporting Dictatorship regimes was a DEMOCRATIC way yes? Well, the Legacy is in front of your eyes.

they have minds, giving them weapons doesnt create war, their hate and suspicion of eachother creates war, if they cant stop fighting by their own choice then obviously stopping arms supplies wont stop war, they will only use knives or homemade explosives or whatever they can make.

Giving them Weapons doesn't HELP to ELIMINATE Wars in Africa, dont you think? You have two Gangs on Your street, and they are mad and angry at each other, and they are shooting the crap out of the street, where also innocent bystanders live. And they also get shot and they also die. What do you do? Do you SELL THEM EVEN MORE GUNS, so that they can more effectively shoot at each other, or do you call the cops?

they cause their wars by choice and will continue to till their hate dissapears or till they all die.

The Goverment Corruption and their Connections to Arms Dealers is the Problem. I am sure that the MAJORITY of African People want to live in Peace, Freedom and Harmony, just like you and I do - but they CAN'T! Not with Current situation, which is NOT improving at all.

whiy dont you hold them responsible for their actions which creates their need for weapons? why are they victims? we cant go "here have these weapons, now go attack your neighbor or those people you hate" they take violent actions because they cant change their ways.

The Problems are; political corruption, lack of respect for rule of law, human rights violations.

The Heart of Africa by Julius Nyerere, presdient of Tanzania

I was in Washington last year. At the World Bank the first question they asked me was “how did you fail?” I responded that we took over a country with 85 per cent of its adult population illiterate. The British ruled us for 43 years. When they left, there were 2 trained engineers and 12 doctors. This is the country we inherited.

When I stepped down there was 91-per-cent literacy and nearly every child was in school. We trained thousands of engineers and doctors and teachers.

In 1988 Tanzania's per-capita income was $280. Now, in 1998, it is $140. So I asked the World Bank people what went wrong. Because for the last ten years Tanzania has been signing on the dotted line and doing everything the IMF and the World Bank wanted. Enrolment in school has plummeted to 63 per cent and conditions in health and other social services have deteriorated. I asked them again: “what went wrong?” These people just sat there looking at me. Then they asked what could they do? I told them have some humility. Humility — they are so arrogant!

... It seems that independence of the former colonies has suited the interests of the industrial world for bigger profits at less cost. Independence made it cheaper for them to exploit us. We became neo-colonies.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I really doubt that.
Europe was wealthy and poweful before it was filled with ethnic people, in fact it was more powerful than it is now.

And Africa was wealthy and powerful before Europeans invaded and conquered the place. Read up a little on African history, son.

Africa is different though. People thought they could do better without the Europeans living there and dominating the government but what happened when they moved out? The place become even further mired in violence and poverty.

Again... Read up on African history son. Start with this essay by a history professor on myths about Africa and African people.

If Europeans were to move back in large numbers and take control of the government it would probably turn the place around.

Read some more.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Now that is an EXAMPLE for Alot of Countries around the world, where these Two Religions can not Coexsist. In a Country, that was torn apart by so many Wars, this is a real sign of Peace and Coexistance of this two Religions.

And it doesn't sound that Bad: CHRISLAM.

An example of what? Two religions don't exist in peace when they mingle into one artificial mess. If anything, the Muslims will hate them even more, Christians and Jews at least get the option of serfdom if they bow before the Muslim aggressor, but I doubt it will be extended to this group, who will be considered Muslim heretics to be wiped out. All they are doing is weakening the resolve of Christianity, making it easier for the Islamic virus to spread and destroy that country.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Rain forest are not build they come with the region and BTW they have been destroyed every day as we speak.

The west has a lost of influences on making wars where is profitable and invading countries that are key to our economic future.

I know that there are no rainforests in Afrika.

The people who rule the land where the rainforests grow are responsible for its deforestation. The people who clear these forests do so because the people who are in charge dont care or do too little.

The West has played politics not only in Afrika but throught out the world. There are conflicts everywhere for a variety of reason, it is those who rise about them and continue to work despite the odds that end up winners in the end. The people who lose hope have already lost even before they have started to change. Blaming the West for all the troubles of ones nation is but a cheap excuse for incompetence and gullibility.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

And Africa was wealthy and powerful before Europeans invaded and conquered the place. Read up a little on African history, son.

Except for Ethiopia, which was Christian since around the 4th century A.D., all the advanced cultures collapsed before the Europeans arrived.

africanhistory.about.com...

"Nok Culture is exemplified by its magnificent terracotta sculptures and the development of iron working."

Wealthy and powerful? I think not.

africanhistory.about.com...

"Under the Sonike it became a major power From the eleventh century the Almoravids (Muslim Berbers) attempted to conquer the region, and although the kingdom was never converted to Islam, it went into a decline."

Islam's fault that Ghana fell apart.

www.learner.org...

It was the largest and most powerful kingdom in medieval West Africa. The riches of the gold and salt mines drew invaders, though, and in the late sixteenth century a Moroccan army attacked the capital. The Songhai empire, already weakened by internal political struggles, went into decline.

Likewise with Songhai.

www.learner.org...

When Mali declined, Timbuktu was taken over by the Songhai. After the decline of the Songhai empire, Timbuktu was briefly occupied by Moroccan forces, then taken over by the Fulani people and later by the French. Timbuktu's history mirrors the rise and decline of civilizations in the area.

Once again trashed by Islam, and then by a native people, before the French ever got there. "Timbuktu's history mirrors the rise and decline of civilizations in the area," is just a politically correct way of saying that Islam did what Islam does best.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Paul of Nisbis,

First of all, are we talking about Africa here? Or the Islam. I for one definetaly wasn't talking about Islam here. There are other threads for that.

And wasn't Egypt one of the wealthiest and most powerful cultures on the planet? One of the cradles of western civilisation?? How about the Ethopian emprire which was also wealthy and powerful in it's peak times.

And you make it seem as though Africa has the monopoly on failed cultures, which is far from the truth. Didn't the romans fail? Didn't the greeks culture go into decline? What about the Prussian kingdom, Napoleons empire, Do these kingdoms or empires exist to this day? No! They all fell down!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

And you make it seem as though Africa has the monopoly on failed cultures, which is far from the truth. Didn't the romans fail? Didn't the greeks culture go into decline? What about the Prussian kingdom, Napoleons empire, Do these kingdoms or empires exist to this day? No! They all fell down!

It's true that the European empires fell but with the exception of the Russians they generally aren't living in poverty today.

Also, this thread seemed to put the blame for the collapse of the African civilization on the Europeans but as myself and others have pointed out many of those regions were colonized by the muslims before the Europeans began to colonize them. Some of the regions fell into decline even before the muslims showed up.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I really doubt that.

Again... Read up on African history son. Start with this essay by a history professor on myths about Africa and African people.

Read some more.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by TheBandit795]

Do we really need moderators calling people, who they believe they have a superior view to, son? Show a little class.

- Attero

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join