It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Avatar Questions...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am in the process of creating my avatar for the site and I had a couple questions:

Is the 'custom mini-profile background image' what I need to purchase to get an avatar?

Is the 'background image colour' needed as well? What is this exactly?

Is there any way I can test how my avatar will look before I spend the points on it?

I have already read that the maximum avatar size is 130x320. Does this take the image past the ATS/BTS/PTS points listing?

I think that is all for now, thank you in advance for all your help.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
Is the 'custom mini-profile background image' what I need to purchase to get an avatar?

No, the background image is different from the avatar image. Avatars are free, backgrounds cost.

Is the 'background image colour' needed as well? What is this exactly?

Background color is just that. In my case I don't use a background image, but rather just a color to blend things. Some people just keep it the defaut grey too. Your choice.

Is there any way I can test how my avatar will look before I spend the points on it?

Upload to the member center and the you will have the url to view it. you can also go ahead and edit it in your prifile because it's FREE.

I have already read that the maximum avatar size is 130x320. Does this take the image past the ATS/BTS/PTS points listing?

Not sure I get you on this one.

Anyway, see this post of mine for more info.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thank you for the information. Very helpful!

But one thing I do not yet understand ... What is the difference between the 'background image' and the 'avatar'? The info you gave me totally skewed my outlook on what the 'background image' is.

Thanks for the link, very informative and now I don't have to ask for instructions when I want to upload it!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
An avatar lays on top of the background image. The background image also tiles to fit the full length of your post.

You can make the background image tall (example: 180 pixels wide by 2000 pixels long) so you won't see it tiling, or use a seamless tile as a background.

Background Image Instructions
www.abovetopsecret.com...

William and Stumpy are using background images rather than avatars here:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I see, very informative.

Thank you very much for the links, I understand much better now. Those issues have been cleared up for me.

Thank you people for your help!

new topics

top topics

join