It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

harden into anger {state of the union}

page: 1

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:40 AM
With all the talk on the net the last few years about a possible civil war in America, I found what the President said in his State of the Union speech interesting:

In a system of two parties, two chambers, and two elected branches, there will always be differences and debate. But even tough debates can be conducted in a civil tone, and our differences cannot be allowed to harden into anger. To confront the great issues before us, we must act in a spirit of goodwill and respect for one another -- and I will do my part. Tonight the state of our Union is strong -- and together we will make it stronger.

You can find the speech here at this Link
I find it interesting that the President would say this. I do not think this is not important, this was the State of the Union address. America has allways been divided in some way or another. tell what you think
To date I haven't heard of anything that has turned to anger
Does he mean what Gore and Kerry have been speaking about, the Constitution in danger??

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:15 PM
I don't know what he's referring to - debates in congress or debates between citizens. Either way, I generally agree with that. Everyone has a different opinion and to respect that, debates should take place in a civil manner. Not that there isn't a place for anger and expressed frustration.

As I don't trust anything Mr. Bush says, however, I instinctively think he means "Stop opposing the things we want to do." I hope my instincts are wrong.

new topics