It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

harden into anger {state of the union}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
With all the talk on the net the last few years about a possible civil war in America, I found what the President said in his State of the Union speech interesting:

In a system of two parties, two chambers, and two elected branches, there will always be differences and debate. But even tough debates can be conducted in a civil tone, and our differences cannot be allowed to harden into anger. To confront the great issues before us, we must act in a spirit of goodwill and respect for one another -- and I will do my part. Tonight the state of our Union is strong -- and together we will make it stronger.

You can find the speech here at this Link
I find it interesting that the President would say this. I do not think this is not important, this was the State of the Union address. America has allways been divided in some way or another. But....do tell what you think
To date I haven't heard of anything that has turned to anger
Does he mean what Gore and Kerry have been speaking about, the Constitution in danger??

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't know what he's referring to - debates in congress or debates between citizens. Either way, I generally agree with that. Everyone has a different opinion and to respect that, debates should take place in a civil manner. Not that there isn't a place for anger and expressed frustration.

As I don't trust anything Mr. Bush says, however, I instinctively think he means "Stop opposing the things we want to do." I hope my instincts are wrong.

join