It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian diplomats shot at by U.S. troops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So there you have it, our troops were concern about who the convoy was and why was following.

So they took the time to find a place were to hide behind, obviously showing that they were not aware of who the convoy was about.

I feel very sorry for the diplomats, I imagine that been in Iraq is enough to have them worry but having to get shot at by friendly forces most have been just to much.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by deltaboy

Diplomats don't exactly advertise as to what country they represent.

No they don't

Like hell they don't.

What do you think the flags on the front of their cars are for?

And diplomatic vehicles have diplomatic plates. That's why Police don't pull them up.

ie in Cambodia the US Embassy has vehicles with CD25 number plates, the Australian embassay is CD07 and the Frogs are CD28...

Now in Baghdad that might all be just a little bit different because of the security situation but that would be a rare exception.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Originally posted by intrepid
Get the hell out of Dodgeabad?

I certainly hope you got a warning for that one-liner.

I gave myself a 20 point reduction, I'm bad.

Reposting this as it may be lost on the page turning:

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Look at what did in an arena that Canadian troops were fighting alongside US forces:

www-tech.mit.edu...

Makes one wonder whether it's advisable to back up an ally(?).

OK, lack of communication again or just gunslinger tactics? You don't see Canadian forces whacking friendlies.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I just have to ask.......
did a new country pop up called Lillypad and I missed it? just who is the Frogs?????

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I'm sorry, but I just have to ask.......
did a new country pop up called Lillypad and I missed it? just who is the Frogs?????

Sorry, just reread the thread and didn't see this. Please stay on topic and try to NOT derail it.

Still waiting on a reply to my post.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I remember that situation well, intrepid. That was really an unfortunate incident. There was quite a bit of fall-out over this in the USA as well. The pilot got into some major hot water for not following protocol.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I remember that situation well, intrepid. That was really an unfortunate incident. There was quite a bit of fall-out over this in the USA as well. The pilot got into some major hot water for not following protocol.

And it went away as soon as possible. Do we even know what that individual is doing know? Hell, he may be a Pentigon advisor now for all we know.

But, do you see the similarities? Fire first, ask questions later.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
the us has a nice history of military oooops.......remember the yugo plant??? that got bombed also.....

by the way intrepid, I wasn't trying to derail the thread....

just wondering....who are the frogs??? never heard of the phrase before.....

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

just wondering....who are the frogs??? never heard of the phrase before.....

It is a slur for the French.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

But, do you see the similarities? Fire first, ask questions later.

I'm thinking like the guy sitting at the back of the truck...nervous, waiting for the next home-made roadside bomb, the sniper on the roof, whatever...and there's these guys looking kinda suspicious and that itchy trigger finger twitches just enough...pop pop pop...major incident.

As far as the pilot is concerned, I remember the trial and his face, but what happened to him I have no idea. In that case, I was more convinced he was hoping to score a mark and dove on what he thought looked like a good 'target of opportunity'. It's not like there was an obvious immediate threat to his life and airframe.

So, the difference, in my mind, is that the Marine was under duress moreso than the pilot, one acting out of self preservation and the pilot out of opportunism.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie

It is a slur for the French.

Its one we canucks know very well, the yanks purty good and the hun somewhat.

This is not a one-liner either.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hmmm.

Looks to me like Bush America wanted Canada's new Premier Mr. Harper to know right out front who's the boss.

Wotcha think Harper's gonna do? Roll? Or sling his cajones over his shoulder and stand up for Canada?

Poor guy can't win I don't think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join