It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Troops And Protesters Clash Over Forced Evacuations (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Israeli troops have clashed with Jewish protestors in the West Bank. The Israeli troops were ordered to destroy 9 Jewish homes built illegally on private Palestinian land in Amona. The evacuations are the first since the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza last year. Two members of the Israeli parliament were injured in the clashes with the troops.

news.yahoo.com
AMONA, West Bank - Thousands of troops in riot gear and on horseback clashed with Jewish protesters Wednesday as they began dismantling homes in this illegal West Bank settlement, injuring at least 40 people, officials said.

It was the first forced evacuation of Jewish settlers since last summer's pullout from the
Gaza Strip and part of the West Bank. The evacuation, which followed a Supreme Court order earlier in the day, was also seen as a test for acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who has said he would act against settlers violating the law.

If elected prime minister in March elections, Olmert is widely expected to withdraw from more areas of the West Bank and dismantle additional Jewish settlements, either unilaterally or in a deal with the Palestinians.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am glad that Israel is still sticking to its requirements under the Road Map even in the face of Hamas' election in Palestinian territory.

However what caught my eye with this story was Israeli legislator, Arieh Eldad's, comments regarding his injuries sustained from clashing with Israeli troops.

"They are treating people here like Arabs," said legislator Arieh Eldad in a telephone interview from the scene with Israel Radio. Eldad suffered a broken arm.

What exactly does he mean by that? I am intrigued to know how this can be interpreted by the members of ATSNN.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

"They are treating people here like Arabs," said legislator Arieh Eldad in a telephone interview from the scene with Israel Radio. Eldad suffered a broken arm.

find it intresting
in from where i see this he is saying its ok to treat Arabs and so on badly that live in the area.
but to be carefull with them

new topics

join