It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Requesting some help, please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
My main computer went down months ago and I never bothered to pull off the data until now.

Problem is, I no longer remember my old seti@home password, nor do I have the original email address I signed up with.

I have personally completed 817 work units with 7902 hrs and 44 mins worth work time. Now this new Bionic program is aggravating me all to heck, as I see it is a few others

How can I retrieve my old account....or am I just going to have to cut my losses and start over?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Mods, would you please delete this thread?
Appearantly, it's pretty much useless

No need to keep it around taking up space

-Ahnikah

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sorry you've had no response so far. I'm afraid that the old SETI@home programme is no longer available, so BOINC is the only alternative. I believe that you can add your work units to BOINC, but you do need your old info , and if you no longer have your old e-mail address then I don't think there is any way around that.
Sorry to hear that you aren't getting on with BOINC, I haven't taken the plunge yet as I don't think it'll run on my laptop, and my husband isn't too keen on me installing it on his PC. (perhaps I'll just sneak it on there!)
I hope that the advice I've given here is correct, I've been out of the whole SETI loop for a while now, so I'm a bit rusty on it all.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, it's just a little frustrating to lose all that work.
I wanted to hopefully add all that CPU time to the ATS team.
Looks like I should keep better track of my passwords, eh?
My original registered SETI addy was [email protected] in case there are any SETI guys lurking around here

-Regards
-Ahnikah

BFO

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
There was some info following the boinc links about how to install the new version of seti@home with your original user identity as long as you could still recover some info from your old seti directory in .saf (i think) files. I can't remember exactly how it went. But, I managed to do it and relink most of my prior credits even without the old email address. I think you need to remember what the old email address was, even though it no longer exists. At any rate - - in my case, I set up a boinc account and the new version currently is running OK, however I have had some problems on my old computer since then - not related to the boinc internet activity I'm pretty sure. Now, my problem is, uhhh - - I forgot how to log into my boinc account so I can join this team. I think I am still missing credit for twenty something blocks due to an issue I complained about in my previous (1st) post in this forum. But, by now you probably have a new user identity. I think you can most likely still relink the vast majority of your prior credit for your high number of data blocks completed. However, to do so you will need some of the files that were in your old seti@home directory - I'm fairly sure. OK, Best of Luck from Evkha, AKA BFO=Blinding Flash of the Obvious [Note:I still don't understand how the new credit system correlates to the classic data block credit count]
Ps. My old computer (with Windows XP OS) I have set@home running on is not real fast. With any luck, I'll get my newer faster Mac to run it too

top topics

join