It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of the Union, 2006

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
His teen love bull. He was trying to say, we will do everything to try and make gay kids straight. If we have to, we will spend all of the money for medicare to fund this.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well I must say I haven't seen the Entire Speech, but only Bits and Pieces on TV and on the Internet News. And we have really seen nothing new. It is only Recycled speeches from the Past, only with few Changes. I think it was more a Psychological Moment, trying to Recover and Boost Morale in the Republican Ranks from the DISASTROUS year 2005.

If do not know, president Bush's Ratings have fallen to the all time low 40%, at this stage, which is the ammount that X-president Nixon had at the time of the Watergate Scandal. And are there Scandals in Bush administration today? YOU BET! The real Question is, where AREN'T Scandals?

Let's start at Home - at Economy:
Since 2000, the number of Americans living in poverty has risen to nearly 37 million. More than 13 million of these are children. More than one in four American families with children make less than $30,000 a year. Look within that number and you will find 46% of African American families with children and 44% of Hispanic families with children fall below this mark. Average annual income for Americans fell once again in 2005. 46 million Americans live without health insurance. Whats the Answer to this? Medicaid benefits for the poor were cut by $7 billion, and Medicare programs for the elderly were cut by $6.4 billion. Federal student-loan programs were cut by $12.7 billion.

Will the Year 2006 be ANY Different then Before? Will actually Something Change for the Better? Why didn't the president adress the Katrina Disaster, or the Ongoing Spying Program Scandals, or the Goverment Corporations Scandals (like Halliburton) - I am sure thats not the Topic you want to talk about.

Frankly, I doubt every word he Said, for they were proven in the Past to be either LIES or DECEPTIONS or just EMPTY WORDS, without any Actions to back them up. Well, he did not lie with the following statement:

"America is addicted to oil, which is often imported from unstable parts of the world."

Yep, that sure is True. And if you recall the State of the Union adress 3 years ago, mister President told the nation that Iraq was in Possession of 26,000 liters of anthrax, 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin, 500 tons (which is 1,000,000 pounds) of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent, 30,000 munitions to deliver these agents, mobile biological weapons labs, al Qaeda connections, and uranium from Niger for use in a robust nuclear weapons program.

But no word about that Today - Today the America is JUST Addicted to Oil.

Funny ey?

That does not matter, president Bush will keep Singing about the GREAT Democracy in the Middle East. But if we stop for a while, and see what Democracy has accomplished - a radical named Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was elected president of Iran, and his Plan to establish a Nuclear program frigtens the World. Just when you need him... And lets not forget the Recent Hamas Victory in Isreal - again, as if he Ordered it by a Phonecall.

So does DEMOCRACY in Middle East actually Brings STABILITY and PROGRESS? Or is Democracy just another Excuse for the War on Terror to be Approved by the Masses of the people around the world, for it has brought much more IN-stability to this Region.

On the other hand, Exxon Mobil has posted a $32 billion profit for the last year. This stands as the largest single one-year profit in the entire history of the world. PROGRESS Indeed...

So, what has Changed since Last Year? The World is NOT Safer. American People are Poorer, they are Frightened, Surveilled, Propagandized, Intimidated, Budget is destroyed and tax cuts spent on Iraqi Occupation.

Great World Ineed Mister President - Keep up the GREAT JOB!

[edit on 1/2/06 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
A large chunk of the 22percent increase in other power sources was earmarked years ago. It just happens to start coming outta our coffers this year.

ITER is slated to begin construction later this year, huge amounts of funds will be used 2006-2015 on this. Its not new legislation or a new project it simply happens to start this year.

Now the other 5-10percent I'm not sure what the plans are.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
bush's Greatest hits- The same rhetoric over and over and over.

The room was divided. The smirks on those who did not applaud was priceless.

I dont know what to say except he didnt say anything that made me feel warm and fuzzy and i got the impression from lots of people there that they HAD to be there, and they beleive he is crazy. Its that darn black aura around him.

He is not presidential looking or sounding anymore than he was in 2000.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
America Is Addicted to Oil. And given the Bush family's business dealings wouldn't that make them pushers?

Seriously, we got our economy turned upside-down back in the '70s when the first oil crisis hit. Gas lines, rationing, surging gas prices, shortages... for the math-impaired that was 30yrs ago. And NOW the government is worried? Think what we could have achieved relative to energy independence if the governemt had spent the last 30yrs doing something besides banking the profits they're making from their Exxon holdings. Give me a break.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by jtma508]

[edit on 1-2-2006 by jtma508]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This speech is NOT HIS speech. We all know there are people who write that stuff for him- but I think, rather I KNOW, that this is often forgotten as you hear it.

I reminded my family that at some point, (ala a strategic marketing brainstorm/meeting) "they" were all sitting around a long table full of pious and arrogance discussing the agenda at hand, which is ALL about PERCEPTION- NOT reality- coming up with catch phrases like "We will continue to fight for our freedom"... (yea George? how about we the citizens fight the GOP to keep OUR freedoms as they are slowly eroded away)

Since his last S.O.T.U speech, what has he really accomplished? He is just biding time until he can "get out" of the mess his administration created.

Point is this- don't listen to his speech and BELIEVE that those are HIS words or ideas (aside from the "creator" comment) - which BTW, bothered me. I believe his exact quote was "OUR creator"... no George, he is YOUR creator - not mine and how dare you represent ME an american citizen, under your umbrella of ideals.

I dont have the exact quote infront of me- but when he was talking about aids and medicine and how we would help.. did anyone catch how he finished that statement? Something like "we will help those in need... blah blah.. send medicine.. to the CHURCHES for those who seek help there."

It was something along those lines- the point was, it sounded that aid will be given to those who believe in HIS GOD. If someone has that bit of the speech transcribed- I'd love see it- I want to make sure I heard correctly before i yelled at the TV.

Final thought- Wasn't it George Washington, before he left office, who warned of the dangers of a partisan Government"?

...lights, camera, hand up puppets A**, now speak puppet! Speak!

Peace

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Serum39]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerrog

A large chunk of the 22percent increase in other power sources was earmarked years ago. It just happens to start coming outta our coffers this year.

ITER is slated to begin construction later this year, huge amounts of funds will be used 2006-2015 on this. Its not new legislation or a new project it simply happens to start this year.

Now the other 5-10percent I'm not sure what the plans are.

So far from what I have read, nuclear and high-energy phsyics research funding will be slashed within the DOE this year, FY2006. This doesn't make any sense if a 22% increase was set years ago.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have a question.

Did anybody else noticed that president Bush spoke like he is a president of planet Earth and not like president of USA?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I have a question.

Did anybody else noticed that president Bush spoke like he is a president of planet Earth and not like president of USA?

YES!, he also said alot some stuff about Iran that im sure will piss them off...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I got up today and looked at my local news paper and the headline was something about this need to depend less on oil rubbish. Anyone who has ever recycled any thing knows we need to conserve. This was just more tell the people what they want to hear they dont know any better crap. The headline should have focused on bush starring right at the camera and telling Iran to shape up or the U.S is going to do it for you. All this other junk is just to keep attention away from whats happening right now. Besides they arent going to do anything about the oil. He said we are going to develop ethynol, guess what its already been done. All the cars in Brazil use ethynol. Its all fluff to soothe the masses. Look at all this crap dont look at Iran. That sort of buisness.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe so many Americans voted for this man being President when sooooo many people seem to be against him. Is this because they didn't vote, or is it true that your votes as citizens of the US don't really matter? As for the Americans needing to stop depending on oil, maybe Bush really needs to look at himself in the mirror when he is saying this. As far I am concerned this whole war seems to be about Bush and his NEEDS for oil control.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon

Originally posted by QuietSoul
.....Sort of like "Bush's Greatest Hits"..

That's rich! Thumbs up on that one! I can't stop laughing.......

That is so funny! I can see it now on late night infomercials. $19.99 Bush's Greatest Hits (State of the Union Style

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
I find it hard to believe so many Americans voted for this man being President when sooooo many people seem to be against him. Is this because they didn't vote, or is it true that your votes as citizens of the US don't really matter? As for the Americans needing to stop depending on oil, maybe Bush really needs to look at himself in the mirror when he is saying this. As far I am concerned this whole war seems to be about Bush and his NEEDS for oil control.

Our votes dont count. the electoral college decide. BesidesBush/kerry same person. Every president is related in some way. Supposedly they can trace their blood lines back to charlamagne. They all went to the same schools and belong to the same organizations. So tell me where exactly our choice in who is elected is at?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join