It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First tangible step towards a police state....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Im surprised you are all surprised abput this, especially you, DR.

They already have broken this old posse act.

What surprises me is no one ahs mentioned that it already took place in public view, right in our faces.

National Guard troops at all our airports, kept there for a LONG time.

Right after 9/11, I took several friends of mine to the airport on several occasions, and there it was: Humvees everywhere, national guard in full uniform standing with thier rifles int he airports, helping to check, ect.

It already was put in place, has already happened. The guardsmen were taken out of the airports finally, but it goes to show you:

This is nothing new.

And then the LA riots, of course, national guard patrolling the streets down there as well, had a friend of mine in the Cali national guard get sent there.

This is nothing new or surprising, this is happening quite often. Even after 9/11. It wasnt just the airports either, I saw National guardsmen hanging out at the FederAL Building in downtown Seattle too.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Skadi,

You are absolutely right, there is nothing new here. The Posse Comitatus has been broken several times already.

However, what this really signifies is that the powers that be either feel confident enough that the people will simply sit and watch with no reaction when a serious piece of freedom is repealed right in front of them, or they care so little about public opinion as to feel confident in doing so, and are very prepared to put down (maybe with force?) any possible uprising against it.

Either way, at least previously the government would pretend to be upholding the original law, although they would openly bend it. Now, they are flagrantly disregarding the law and willing to completely change it right in the face of America.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
how can i become an american citizen?

i want to come over there and make a stash of machine guns... and hide in a log cabin with other ats members

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Contrary to world opinion we don't all have machine guns and shootouts on every street.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
id feel alot safer with a gun....even if its only a poxy 9mm...

i know for a fact i would take out at least 1 guy coming after me... if every american could take out 1 guy there would be no soilders left...

there is too many weapons in americans houses for the goverment to risk all out civil war...

unless the goverment used apc's and armoured cars they would have no chance in a soilder to soilder fight...

they would have to use chopers and armour...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
id just feel alot safer if i could walk about with a gun...

i mean sure i could get a gun and walk about with it here in the uk, but im not stupid enough to break the firearms laws over here..

ill just make do with legal air rifles for now.. maybe ill buy a farm and get a shotgun licence...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
True. As I have posted before. We have roughly 200 million guns in the hands of roughly 80 million citizens.
Kind of tough to take on those numbers.
The problem I see is that most americans have lost the will to fight for our rights and would just roll over rather than cause trouble.
Then there are the rest of us "Gun Nuts" who would and WILL stand up if and when the time comes.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
so is it possible for a uk citizen.. to come to the us and become a us citizen legally...

and then buy obscene amounts of guns and ammo..

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes you can, blade runner. Gun ownership is availabnle to all citizens regardless if they are native or were born elsewhere. Hell, i dont even think you have to be a citizen, just a legal resident for a long period of time with a clean background record, and you can become the proud owner of your own firearm!

DR, I see your point. The spirit of the law is killed, now, for the sake of formaility, they are killing the letter and body, since they have pretty much reduced Posse Comitatus to a empty shell. And since most people arent even aware that it existed in the first place, they wont notice.

After 9/11 and seeing all those national guard and military in the airports was very unnerving for me. I wasnt even flying anywhere, but just seeing them walkin around with guns.....

reminded me of the movie: the running man.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm familiar with the cited incursions but to outright repeal the act itself would be a significant step towards our worst fears. To have the administration ask the GAO to consider that possibility is alarming.

Anyone else catch the references to increased tempo?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
i know for a fact i would take out at least 1 guy coming after me... if every american could take out 1 guy there would be no soilders left...

You got that right...After all, the entire military comprises only about 1%-2% of the total national population...And a large percentage of *those* are spread out over the whole world...

...As a side note, the population of jerkwads out in D.C. comprise even less of a percentage of population...

See the Title I have listed right under my name over on the left?...It's *always* a good idea to have some idea of the measure of possible opposition...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ok... i posted this some time ago... but to repeat myself in appropriate context. Rand had the homeland security plan done the previous febuary. I looked it up on a Rand webpage right after 9-11. Everything it planned for happened. The "cause" for the plan was layed out. A mass terrorism threat. Some of the points i remember are: there was no appropriate response for a chemical threat, other than containment.
there was no solution to a majority of bio threats, i do remember a suggested procedure for anthrax and smallpox.
it also mentioned a highjacking: and the neccessity of airport defense.
It was mostly about the neccessity of using Troops on home soil to contain areas. The use of martial law was to be required for anything the local authoritys couldn't handel. It also mentioned fema. That part sounded normal. Mainly in a red cross capacity
The gist is this... it was way before the leaders of america were "caught of guard". for so long in the media the concept of a "homeland guarding agency" was a new novel idea. It was all already written... by a somewhat separated and very unorganized corporation (the only advantage seekers like us have, is the size of a conspiracy) .
It was taken down the following day. I find a much different website when i visited recently. I think in the calm of the pre 9-11, the Rand corp forgot that little report would be so important very soon.

[Edited on 4-10-2003 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Rand Corp tends to go hand in hand with the US fed gov on a lot of things. I have a suspicion that Rand may well be a CIA/NSA front organization similar to Wackenhutt for the CIA.

If that were to be true, considering some of the information cited, that would certainly raise some eyebrows to find that they are so conveniently and accurately predicting everything that is coming to pass...

I would point out (granted off topic here) that Rand Corp were the ones to admit that should NASA locate an earth impacting asteroid, they would NOT raise the alarm to the general public...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I personally think if the truth ever comes to light, it will be thru the dilegent efforts of caring people in these companys that might "forget" to shred certain papers or forget to take down a website for a few extra days...
Yeah, i feel that they are hand in hand with the exception that corporations have less civilian watch guards... they have certain other advantages as well...

i wonder if Ratheon developed any products or did any research prior to 9-11 anti- terrorism?

at this point Gazrok is supposed to pull another link out of his amazing bottomless bag...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join