It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

President Bush says Americans are addicted to oil

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

This is like if the head of the NRA said "Americans are addicted guns."


We need major energy reform, not a loop holed pork filled energy bill. It's time we look for ways to reduce our need for oil.




posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
QUICK! Check for a button on the back of his neck! He's gotta be a replicant!

Ok, kiding aside, that is...well it's more than strange.



posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yeah,this is about as strange as what he said about the Human Effect of Global Warming



posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Dennis Leary:

"So Kieth Richards said kids shouldn't do drugs...KIETH RICHARDS!"

What's next, George will tell us about the beneficial medical qualities of Cocaine and booze?

Or will he tell us God has no place in US politics and that Darwin's theory of evolutionising is not just some funny jokes about stupid dead people?



posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Addiction? Some one hand that chimpboy a dictionary.
Suppose prisoners are addicted to water and bread too.


Next week on the moonbat channel:
Bush complains citizens are breathing too much air.



[edit on 31-1-2006 by Regenmacher]



posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Regenmacher,
I sunderstand what your saying, oil is something we rely on to live our daily lives, however unlike food and water (well maybe these could be to), there are many different alternatives to oil that will allow our vehicles to run, some of which are much much better for the environment.



posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
... there are many different alternatives to oil that will allow our vehicles to run, some of which are much much better for the environment.


Better tell that to Cheney's energy cabal then.....



posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Doesn't Bush have oil ties allready? Now who really is the addict? Addicted to the oil profit, more specifically...


Troy



posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Regenmacher,
I sunderstand what your saying, oil is something we rely on to live our daily lives, however unlike food and water (well maybe these could be to), there are many different alternatives to oil that will allow our vehicles to run, some of which are much much better for the environment.


I wholeheartedly agree with that point.....HOWEVER, WBush is the one that is benifitting and getting a fat illuminati wallet from the sale of oil, so why in the heck (way too weak a word) would he say something like that, when he is helping or even causing the citizens of his country to continue life in that fashion by supporting special (and his own) interests?



posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
they have discovered zero point energy and very soon we all shall have unlimited supplies of clean, free, energy. or i could be trippin' again......


[edit on 2-2-2006 by exsmokingman]



posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So he's said that people are addicted to oil. WOW!!!! But is he going to do anything about it? NO.



posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Doesn't Bush have oil ties allready? Now who really is the addict? Addicted to the oil profit, more specifically...
Troy


EXACTLY, my first reaction was WTF????
Did he get hit over the head or something? For "Oil Man Bush" to announce to the world that Americans are addicted to oil leads me to believe that there is definately something going on behind the scenes... Oil is how he made his money. Oil to Bush is like.... Raman noodles to the poor college student. A Necessity!



posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MerryMistressMarie
Did he get hit over the head or something? For "Oil Man Bush" to announce to the world that Americans are addicted to oil leads me to believe that there is definately something going on behind the scenes...


Actually he is arrogant enough to slapped in the faces of us the American consumer.

In other worlds he is saying "We have it and you needed" so is like a drug dealer telling his addicted consumers that he holds the power over them, so the oil barons can manipulate oil markets and we will do nothing about it.

That brings another issue, it means that he will get oil any way he can by any means necessary to keep all of us Oil druggies satisfied.




[edit on 8-2-2006 by marg6043]



posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Whoa.. Bush the oil(drug) Dealer!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!



posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
MerryMistressMarie.

The Raman noodles thing funny.


Troy



posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yes, Bush did say this... but according to Sources from the Whitehouse, "The President was not at all Serious about the statement."

Said after some people in OPEC voiced concerns with the State of the Union speech.



So, who's the B# and who's the butch in the relationship between OPEC and USA?



posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
So he's said that people are addicted to oil. WOW!!!! But is he going to do anything about it? NO.


I read that politicians in California stated that in the years to come a certain percentage of cars in Los Angeles or California should be enviornmentaly safe. Such as being powered by fuel cells, all to fight smog and such.

You Yanks should be happy about the cheap gas prices over there. The current price of one liter of oil is 1,44 USD.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join