It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation impossible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Got to thinking the other day about cryogenics and the thought came to my mind that if a person died and was "frozen" what would happen if in a few years time medical technology could bring this person back to life, if he had died and was reincarnated what would happen if they brought his former body back to life?

Mod Edit: Title

[edit on 31-1-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well if they are technically frozen after they died, then it's too late I'm sure, but if they are frozen before they die, what would happen with the soul? I doubt it would "freeze" with the body. Chances are you'll be reincarnated in another body before they can bring the other one back to life. I still think cryogenic freeze is pretty pathetic and desperate if you ask me. When it's your time to go, it's your time to go.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Alien DNA, you're assuming the soul to be limited by time.

Mind you, my interpretation of the soul may be unique, but if a soul is not limited by time, then "dying" doesn't matter. You could live your life as yourself, and then your next life may be that of your fathers.

Of course, this brings into question many thoughts on fate, control and responsibilities for one's actions, causality, and past-life memories.

Another interesting point if you do not consider the soul to be limited by time - it's possible that there is only ONE soul, and that it lives every life in the universe, so that it may experience all life in every form and way.

In this sense, then you, and everyone, is God.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
An interesting post.Where as we have the technology to freeze people.We are not sure how to reanimate their nervouse systems again.There are toads who during the winter months freeze completely then thaw out in the spring.

It is very interesting when talking about science and belief or the paranormal as it were.I think Yarium here has said quite a bit on souls so I
will leave it at this for now.
Scarecrow

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
In what state are cryogenic persons? Certainly they are not flash-frozen while conscious?

So then they must go to sleep before they're frozen, yes? So then one can assume they are sleeping for whatever period of time they are frozen.

So where do you go when you sleep? Myself, I go to the dream world, where crazy crap happens, but I'm always in control, and my dreams are challenging, envigorating and deeply moving.

Myself, I am always bummed when I have to wake up.

So hell, freeze my arse while I'm dreaming. And if I'm lucky, after 10 years of wonderful dreams, some idoit will drop me and I'll fracture into a million smallerpeeps. pieces of peeps, if you will.

And then what? Another rebirth? Hell yeah, if it's as fun as this one was.

top topics

join