It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation not possible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinta_ilfirin
I personally don't believe in re-incarnation; but not for the cryogenics reason listed here. Being that cryo in humans has not happened yet, and is still in the land of theory and science fiction, to disbelieve something based on a science fiction theory is a far stretch of reasoning.

One question I do have for people who do believe is: where do all the souls come from, when do you know if you are re-incarnated or a new soul? Being that there are billions of people in the world now and the world started with much fewer than that.... I've always wondered what the explanation is to that.....

After re-evaluating My beliefs,I have just recently (last 2 yrs. or so) started believing in reincarnation. I believe that Our souls are a part of the Whole, and that We return to that when We die. God is everywhere, in everything, in Us. I think that when We die We have the choice of remaining with God or being re-incarnated and can do so when We wish. I guess some people do know if They've had past lives but I don't. I think that that's where My likes, loves, passions and phobias stem from. You should research this subject some more. There are cases of people who can speak other languages fluently (thru hypnotism) even though They've never studied them. Lots of good stuff out there!

Peace. K*

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
To make a long story short, I believe reincarnation exists because I can't imagine just living one life. It's a waste!!! What can you accomplish with one life? I don't want to just incarnate on earth, I want to go to other planets and dimensions and incarnate!! I want to experience being a man, and a woman, and black person, and a white person, etc. Maybe a want to be a movie star in my next life! Maybe a factory worker in the one after that!!! Maybe I will incarnate on Sirius in my next life. Who knows? I want to choose what I experience and what I am here to learn in the physical plane. I believe God wants us to be his experiences of life, and we keep on doing what we are doing to fully appreciate and know of joy, love, suffering, and all that comes with living. Hell, I feel like I want to leave now. I probably won't go back to earth. What is important to me, is that it is my choice.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I read the math concerning reincarnation doesnt work. I will try to find and link it.

It is along the lines of starting with two people and evolving, dieing, reincanating, living, dieing, reincarnating etc.etc.

Apparently its not possible. Not sure, but as i said i will try to post the link.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinta_ilfirin

One question I do have for people who do believe is: where do all the souls come from, when do you know if you are re-incarnated or a new soul? Being that there are billions of people in the world now and the world started with much fewer than that.... I've always wondered what the explanation is to that.....

Where do stars come from? If stars can recycle themselves what makes you any different?

People who believe in reincarnation also believe that animals have souls. Depending on ones merit in life , he/she might not be reincarnated as human in this world.

Increase in human population often results in decrease in animal population... Am I corret on this? You be the judge.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It seems that some are trying to say that there's a finite amount of souls and how can there be enough souls for our growing population here on Earth? I don't know how many souls there are, but I do think that there's other intelligent life in the universe, and that intelligent life has a soul too. Maybe we're not reincarnated on this planet.

You know something else that made me believe in reincarnation was something I saw on TV a while back about a little boy who had a fascination with airplanes, WW2 era planes specifically, and he was spouting off to his parents about dreams he had of being a pilot in WW2 and names of other pilots that died in WW2. Well, the parents did research and found out that the kid was accurate about names and places. He was like six years old or something and there was no way he could have known that information.

Remarkable really!

Peace

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Replies in Bold.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Humans are already reanimated after being frozen -

- people fall through the ice and 'die' all the time and are
brought back. You see it on the news .. kids ice skating and
they fall through - frozen and 'dead' and then revived.

At this point the soul is still lingering, this happens alot, just ask people that flat line during operations and such and come back, Near Death Experiences and all that.

- human beings are frozen as embryos (or zygots or whatever)
and then implanted in women years later. They are little
humans ... their souls are in their forming bodies.

I believe, at that early part of development, there is no soul that inhabbits that body yet.

Reincarnation ?? It's a depressing thought. I certainly
don't want to be stuck coming back here again .. to have
to go through childhood and school and listening to parents
and the rest all over again. UGH. I'm an adult and to do
all that would be going BACKWARDS. The whole thought
behind reincarnation is to learn and go forwards. Seems
like a waste of time to me.

In life you will always find the ones you love, some souls wait till other souls reincarnate like their twinsoul or soulmate, and you will keep much of the experience from your last life and it will be forever stored in your soul in the afterlife (which we reincarnate from).

However, God can do what ever He wants to and if He deems
that a soul or two need reincarnation for whatever reason He
sees .. then who am i to argue with Him?

I do not believe in a God in the conventional sense, I believe there are guides (Extra-Terrestial beings) that sometimes proclaim they are gods while in reality they are not.

I share some of the believes of Yarcofin, we are all part god, we all created this world, hence god being omnipotent and omniscient, we ALL are god (the creator), there are so many souls out there, we would never run out, every being on this planet has a soul, from a mouse to a human being has some spiritual energy, I believe our spiritual energy first has to grow before it can inhabbit a being like a human, it only grows from experiencing life, I believe we all have been micro-organisms before, Jellyfish, Fish etc.

Well, I would add more but I am holding up the computer for my wife...

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Genesis 2:7

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living soul.

As the wise old Minister once said to me, "I have a body, and I have
a spirit; therfore I am a living soul.

Having comtemplated it for a long time, I see no reason why the spirit is not, or cannot be recycled...

New body, old spirit,.. you'ld still be a different person/soul...

[edit on 1-2-2006 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

New body, old spirit,.. you'ld still be a different person/soul...

Yes you are right cosmokatt. You will be a different person if you were re-born, obviously. You may think differently than you did previously, in fact you may be the complete opposite of what you were in a past life. But if you break yourself down to the smallest level, there is a part of you that will always be the same. Your core self will never change. Whether you want to call that a spirit or a soul, doesn't matter.

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living soul.

Taken non-literally, that is exactly what I explained. God "breathed" a part of himself into you, which became an independant 'soul', yet still a part of the original, one and only God.

Sinta, I will try to narrow down some of the best, clearest, and shortest material that I can for you. But for now I have to go.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The fact that I'm alive right before this apocalypse sure makes me believe in something, although I'm not sure yet. I think the body is a place where souls can be created, if the person lives a healthy life, meeting his full physical and mental potential. It can also be a place where one is destroyed, through a life of substance abuse, excess, pollution, you name it. When the body dies in this state, that's it, your weak, crappy soul can't move on. You can repair your soul(chi?) by turning your life around. I got to believe something BIG is going down, though. What with this coming apocalypse and all.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
You know something else that made me believe in reincarnation was something I saw on TV a while back about a little boy who had a fascination with airplanes, WW2 era planes specifically, and he was spouting off to his parents about dreams he had of being a pilot in WW2 and names of other pilots that died in WW2. Well, the parents did research and found out that the kid was accurate about names and places. He was like six years old or something and there was no way he could have known that information.[edit on 1-2-2006 by Dr Love]

I have many personal reasons for believing reincarnation is the most likely after death experience. I have also read numerous accounts like the one you posted. Usually these kids lose those memories as they get older. child prodigies like Mozart are another hard to explain phenomena that it could be the cause of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join