It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of a "Trucker"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's got to be true..even though it's funny or even scarey, there is a conspiracy to being a truck driver-there just has to be! First I have to tell you, I'm terrified of truckers. They often come up out of nowhere and tailgait until you are either blinded into a ditch or able to get into a different lane. Why do they do this? Do they not know how scarey it feels? What's even worse is when there is one going slow in front of you, one traveling the same speed along side of you, and then the tailgaitor behind you-blinding you into a panic attack...HELLO!? Can they not see what they're doing? Or do they just not care if they cause you to lose control?

Anyone else notice these 'Duel' type tendencies? And do you have any advice for one traveling on the road alot with them? Because cussing & the finger display do NOT work, I assure you

[Edited on 10/2/03 by magestica]

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
mag

Interesting.

It sure exists in Oz, and not just the 'terrorizing' part.

There are conspiracies to falsify log books, and to meet unreachable contract targets through flagrant abuse of road rules.

I posted elsewhere about the system in South Queensland (it must happen elsewhere) where being spaced apart 500 metres or more, the trucks can barrel along at 120mph+ using all the road to negotiate curves and overtake, and communicating from front to rear by CB about the presence of any oncoming traffic. I pity the farmer or little old lady making a left turn out of her property after the lead truck has just gone past and not seen him or her (recall that in most of civilization cars are right hand drive driving on the left side of the road).

For certain, the conspiracy is more than just tailgating to terrorize the odd driver or two that look like Dennis Weaver.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
my mother and father where both truck drivers. iv been to every state in america by the time i was 4. iv met a lot of truckers. some are the way you describe them. others are very easy going unassuming great people. you have to realize they do not want to scare you or hurt you. they are just doing their job. people who get scared by them and their size should try and avoid them. there is no conspiracy. they are just truckers. ill never be a trucker. but its in my blood and its how i got here. i find a calmness on the road because of it.
keep on truckin

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i saw a tv show on this "blocking in"

they only block in on purpuse jackasses the ones that cut them or other people off eta..eta.....

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica

Anyone else notice these 'Duel' type tendencies? And do you have any advice for one traveling on the road alot with them? Because cussing & the finger display do NOT work, I assure you

[Edited on 10/2/03 by magestica]

Yeah I've noticed that too! I'm always intimidated by truckers thinking that they'll ram me off the road if I piss them off or get in their way. Ever since I saw that damn movie about evil trucks coming to live and going after the main characters (I forgot what it's called). Then I also saw Joy Ride the other day, and that enhanced my intimidation of truckers, lol. I always just picture truckers as mean badass guys who will kill your ass if you # with them.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
did anybody see the gum ball rally 2002? a person driving in a BMW M Coupe was knocked off the road by a trucker when he tried to pass in the margin on the right. though im not saying its right to disobey traffic laws and try to race around on interstates, i think the move was all uncalled for on the truckers part. when the cops arrived they said the guy couldnt press charges 'cause it was his own fault for passing on the right. why would anyone want to harm somebody or inflict damage on a pricey sportscar? the guy didnt hurt the trucker in any way yet the trucker felt it was his duty to ram the BMW off the road. how evil, what a masochistic piece of crap

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
how evil, what a masochistic piece of crap

Are you saying the BMW driver WANTED to get rammed off the road because he enjoys pain?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
No! I'm sorry if it seems liek thats what i meant. I meant the truck driver was SADISTIC. sorry ya'll thats why i have the Oxford dictionary right over there. guess i need to open it instead of stare at it

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Truckers are that way because they know their truck is bigger than your little honda anc can crush it to oblivion.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I posted elsewhere about the system in South Queensland (it must happen elsewhere) where being spaced apart 500 metres or more, the trucks can barrel along at 120mph+ using all the road to negotiate curves and overtake, and communicating from front to rear by CB about the presence of any oncoming traffic. I pity the farmer or little old lady making a left turn out of her property after the lead truck has just gone past and not seen him or her (recall that in most of civilization cars are right hand drive driving on the left side of the road).

never heard of this before and i live in south east queensland.

There are conspiracies to falsify log books, and to meet unreachable contract targets through flagrant abuse of road rules.

they also use speed and other drugs to stay awake for long trips from qld to vic (atleast 20hrs drive if you dont stop and are going very fast.

crazy bastards

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ever since I saw that damn movie about evil trucks coming to live and going after the main characters (I forgot what it's called).

Maximum Overdrive...

Chances are Majestica, they're trying to look down your shirt...!!!
Try not to look hot while driving, and you'd be amazed that they don't crowd around ya!

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Actually when they come up close behind you it is what's called drafting' it is a driving technique used to conserve fuel. This creates a smoother air flow in front to improve aero-dynamics. There is a vaccum created between the back of your vehicle and the front of the truck.

This technique was invented in auto racing. Do a search on the web to verify what I mean.

Do not fear this, truckers are excellent drivers for the most part. When they do this to you do not get excited but just observe carefully because you may need to accelerate if something goes wrong. Your car can accelerate much faster than most trucks.

The other purpose of drafting' is to create a sling shot effect for the purpose of increasing velocity for passing purposes. Often you will see truckers coming up close behind you then sling shot around you. They are using you to increasing velocity for a pass without consuming a lot more fuel.

Regards varying speeds, trucks use energy more efficiently when the engine revs at a certain speed band and this is maintained by the good driver regardless of topography. Thus uphill climbs are slower and downhill are faster, like riding your bicycle.

Auto drivers are actually for the most part poor drivers they do not know much about physics nor do they drive to conserve fuel nor do they understand sophisticated techniques in maneouvering their vehicle unlike most truckers.

Hope you see it differently in future. Mind you truckers are like most drivers some are more aggressive than others. In that case give them right of way or maintain a constant velocity greater than their average velocity.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
o ya true neo i forgot about that

but if they get *to close* just hit the gase theres no way a truck can go as fast as a car

accleration=mass%force

[Edited on 3-10-2003 by Dmsoldier]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
You're so bad, Gazrok.

This is probably not good advice. But when someone is travelling too close to me, I stare into them (not to be confused with at them). In the back of their head or neck if they are in front of me & in the front of their head or neck if they are behind me.

Doesn't matter what they're driving. It usually works. They soon keep their distance or pass me or switch lanes & zoom off. No kidding.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Buy a tank and drive that? The gas mileage will give you headaches, but I can guarantee the truckers won't mess with ya.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   

But when someone is travelling too close to me, I stare into them

Wow, I thought I was the only one to do that...!!!

It actually does work...people actually do sense the uneasiness, and subconsciously try to avoid it...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
when i stare at people they sometimes say it feels like there underwater....

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
never heard of this before and i live in south east queensland.

The worst I have seen is the stretch south of Bundaberg. It is really interesting to see them barreling past you when you are doing 130-140kph yourself.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ive been edgy about truckers ever since i saw " Roadkill"

bad bad movie with one scary trucker with issues.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
In the radiator,it works every time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join