It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

plant explosion in north carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
theres been a chemical explosion in n.c. several people injured and airlifted to hopitals. just thought i bring this to everyones attention.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Got a source on that? Nothing on the major news networks yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
fox news is talking about it

link   
It's all over FOX...

FOX News

MORGANTON, N.C — Multiple injuries are being reported from an explosion and fire at a chemical plant in Morganton.

The explosion happened around 11:45 a.m. at Synthron. Burke County's EMS director confirms that at least one person has been flown to Carolinas Medical Center. EMS communications director Lisa Probst says six or more people are injured.

Synthron manufactures chemicals and the plant employs 18 people. It's not known how many people were at the plant at the time of the explosion.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

link   
Wheres the info coming from shar . are you local?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Heres a local source that I dug up so far.

N.C. Blast WECT.COM

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
yes its on my cnn once and mostly my fox news. i live here in the states wv. i just dont really know how to post clippings im not good at it yet. so i can just tell people things.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Word of advice: Please don't post these in the Member Podcasts section of the forums, as they aren't very relevant to the Podcasts. If you want to make a news submission to ATSNN, please feel free to do so. However, if you want it to stay in the Podcasts forum (without possibly being deleted) you should do it in the form of a podcast.
Cheers, NrKy.

P.S. Your statement of there having been a 'chemical explosion' is not proven yet, as it could have simply been an electrical malfunction, a terrorist bomb, an ICBM, an old car spontaneously combusting from heat, etc..

[edit on 31-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i dont know how to post in certain areas it goes where it wants too sorry. maybe it can get moved where it belongs. however they said there was a large mushroom cloud over the plant.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
More on this fire. So far it doesnt seem to bad but the fire dept is waiting to put water on the fire till they know what chemicals are at the plant. Thats one thing I dont get is why dont they know whats at the plant if thats where they live.

They should pretty much have a inventory of possible chemicals that might be in any fire. I know our local Fire guys come to our plant twice a year to get to know what they have to deal with and if anything is new. Guess they wernt prepared as they could have been.

News Link with Picture

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A mushroom-shaped cloud does not necessarily imply a chemical or nuclear explosion. Given the right convection, temperature, and sufficient flammable components, even a car exploding due to a faulty wire could take on a mushroom cloud. Let's wait a little bit to see what the OFFICIAL (by official I mean independant or government inquiry, NOT media sources) report tells us.

Oh, and having worked as an OH&S rep for a number of years at a service station, you definitely do NOT want to go throwing water on a fire until you know exactly what it is that is burning. Sometimes, even just letting it burn out, is the better option. Taking toxicity of burnt materials, wind conditions, size of the fire, potential for propagation to neighbouring properties and/or other flammable materials on the premises, drainage at the site, and chemical composition of the flammables, into account, takes a HELLUVA lot of work, and isn't something that you should rush in to. Lives could be lost if you don't plan a fire control situation. Simply throwing water at a fire doesn't fix it, that only works for 'dry' flammables, like paper, wood, etc..

[edit on 31-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Any flamable chemical that ignites instantly will form a mushroom cloud, so thats no indicator at all except that the plant blew up instantly.

new topics

top topics

join