It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Is A Must

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Awesome place to visit. Incredible locations where the tetonic (sp?) plates are visibly colliding and seperating. Frozen waterfalls. Good seafood. Blue water hot spring baths and for those interested, some of the world's most beautiful women...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by reyna4fitness
Awesome place to visit. Incredible locations where the tetonic (sp?) plates are visibly colliding and seperating. Frozen waterfalls. Good seafood. Blue water hot spring baths and for those interested, some of the world's most beautiful women...

I agree with you on that one ~ I spent 18 months there in Keflavik back when I was stationed there. Definitely a spot everyone should at least visit once. Where else in the world can you swim in a geothermal lake while it's snowing.

external image

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
wow, i never been outside the U.S. but Iceland is deffinately one of the places I would go. Ive seen various things about Iceland on tv, it kinda has that mystical look to it. Is the Icelandic language a slavic language?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great to hear! I'm taking my 6 year old there in May! Any must do or sees for a little guy?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by radioactive_liquid
Is the Icelandic language a slavic language?

Icelandic is a Germanic language, in the same language branch as German and English, as well as the other Scandanavian languages.

It would be an amazing place to visit with the natural wonder of it all-volcanoes, geysers and the fjords. Don't know about swimming in the geothermal lakes though, no matter how warm the water, you would have to get out at some time

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I heard that the Icelandic language has changed so little over the centuries that modern Icelanders can go to viking museums and understand the script. True?

top topics

join