It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiomatic phrases don't imply Masonic influences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've read a few posts where people take everyday figures of speech and say that the Masons have taken over. For instance:

"Three square meals a day"
"Be on the square"
"He's a square, man"

And so forth.

If any of this is true, then the Freemasons must be plotting to unleash a 50-foot giant ape on New York City. I've been watching the original 1930's King Kong, and the dude who goes out to catch him says all sorts of stuff like "Yeah, I'm really on the level. I'm square. That's a square deal."

So is he really saying "I'm really a Mason. I'm a Mason. That's a Masonic deal" - I don't think so.

Case-in-point: Sometimes a phrase is just a phrase. Just because an object has 4 sides does not mean that the Masons were responsible. Right angles don't imply conspiracies. When African-Americans call each other Brother, it is an endearing term - not a Masonic fraternal gesture. When the President shakes another world leader's hand, it is most likely not a Bavarian Illuminati Satanic Death Grip Handshake.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why didn't you mention "I dream of Genie?"

What woman would talk this way to her bf/husband:

"Yes, Master"

"Right Away, Master"

Masonic mind control at its bravest.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

What woman would talk this way to her bf/husband:

Any woman that knows what's best for her!!!

j/k

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here are some other non-masonic usages (I presume . . .)

Travellers Insurance.

Union levels
a) apprentice
b) journeyman
c) shop steward

And an online roll-call of infamy lists Henry F. Warden, Sr. as the one-time mayor of the notorious Bluefield, West Virginia.

Even fictional TV characters hint at masonic power in the world:

Dallas featured the notoriously wicked "J.R.," who sought to control world oil supplies. He appeared as the son of "Jock" Ewing, a reference to the Lodgemaster as deification of fertility gods, if you believe in ickeian stream-of-consciousness investigative techniques.

Even the suspenders of Mork seem to convey masonic imagery to those predisposed to see such things:

(Note the egg, a pagan re-birth symbol, profferred to the onlooker, hinting at the dark dyad and masonry and the occult: "which came first, the chicken or the egg." Not to mention the obvious saurian/reptoid implications. Indeed. indeed!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Masonic mind control at its bravest.

Clearly I dream of genie was the work of the Shriners!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Clearly I dream of genie was the work of the Shriners!

Excellent! I'm surel you'll be seeing the fnords in no time!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
in a episode of red dwarf where lister uses the photograph time machine to make him rich in a scene where he sees himself as a young person with his old band he explains what happens to his mates he talks about his mate being a anti cap, exetensial nilalist blah blah, then heis mate joins the free masons and becomes a grand master, his other mate becomes a insurance salesman with his own car parking space.

i find it particular funny cuz arnt they the same thing these days

new topics

top topics

join