It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda, not the FBI, is the greater threat to America.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Wow, I never knew I was liberal, just because I think it's a dumb idea to vilify Bush for something that
A. his grandfather did
B. Many people at the time did

Bush doesn't need any other reason to be vilified other than his being in office.

Edit so it makes a bit more sense. Typing at 3am doesn't always work well.

[edit on 2/10/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Have you got something against people smarter and more educated than you thermopolis?

I do wish the FBI would wire tap the luny leftist, academia "elite's"

Certainly looks that way. You're willing to waste valuable man hours and resources of the federal government we all pay for, to spy on people who are the least likely to commit acts of violence, all for the purpose of inflating your partisan proxy-ego.

You're a shining example of the problem, actually, so we should all commend you for that.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
listen Zap im not saying you should blame Bush jr and dont play yourself into a rightwing victim here, but do recognize the facts if you want to be taken seriously.

"Typing at 3am doesn't always work well. "

by all means do get some sleep

on the topic of CIA, may i suggest a documentary by BBC called "secrets of the CIA"...that is if you want to know whats going on behind the scenes.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by nukunuku]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Have you got something against people smarter and more educated than you thermopolis?

I do wish the FBI would wire tap the luny leftist, academia "elite's"

Certainly looks that way. You're willing to waste valuable man hours and resources of the federal government we all pay for, to spy on people who are the least likely to commit acts of violence, all for the purpose of inflating your partisan proxy-ego.

You're a shining example of the problem, actually, so we should all commend you for that.

First of all the wasteing of money to monitor "elite's" like Ward Churchill, etc is money well spent.

Second my personal education is extensive and I have taught graduate level courses.

Direct violence is not the issue but aiding terrorist is an issue. One suicide bomber requires many, many "handlers? along the way. The "network" is the greatest concern not the individual sucide pilot/bomber.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by thermopolis]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
how about Bush,Cheney and Rumsfield Thermo....are they on your "elite spy list"?

just wondering

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This thread is not about the family history of the bushs or the Kennedy's, it is about the threat that Al-qeada poses to this country. Don't hate a politican becasue he comes from money, just don't vote for him.

The NSA wiretaps...Do you really think they have NOT been listening? I do not see where this is a violation of any rights, because there were no phones in 1776, OK? Don;t pull the bill of rights, and it is violating the constitution, because it is not. Show me where in that document it says" there can be no illegal wiretaps".

Pat act 1 and 2. These have been in effect for almost 5 years, and I still do not see the tanks in the streets and the FEMA concentration camps that were built for the NWO. What I do see is that close to a dozen terror attacks worldwide have been prevented. Does no one recognize this.

Why doesn't the CI-Qeada create another supposed terror attack? Why would they wait so long? Maybe they are too busy wiring up the buildings for demolition...

and stating the CIA does secret or clandestine things is like stating Kayne West hates George Bush, it is a given. They do the things that keep you safe.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I think it's a dumb idea to vilify Bush for something that
A. his grandfather did
B. Many people at the time did

Actually that was exactly my point.

Because coments like this,

Originally posted by thermopolis
OBL is just a rich boy with nothing else to do like Teddy Kennedy or Kerry. They are all three evil terrorist just 2 of them are still in the US senate.

are utterly rediculous and useless.

If it's come to holding the crimes of their (Kennedy's or Kerry's) forefathers against them than it only makes sense for thermopolis to add "W" to his rediculous "evil terrorist" list.

Second my personal education is extensive and I have taught graduate level courses.

Yet you still cannot effectively research (or know) the difference between Forbes and Dupont?

[edit on 2/10/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
[author lay sniveling on floor having committed second mistake due to memory] Forbes/Dupont.........please let me die in shame..............

Al Qaeda BAD.............FBI Good. Simple yet profound...........

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Whether reports are supporting the official September 11 story or debunking it, question marks remain over their integrity, regardless of the source. Perhaps looking at other events involving those sources may help to persuade you in one direction or the other. For me, the following points stand out:

1. The speed at which Bin Laden was labelled the mastermind behind it all.
2. The lack of persistence in tracking down Bin Laden after the event.
3. The illogical push to begin war with Iraq.
4. The inconsistency with every other high profile attack since September 11. (Each of the other attacks is quite consistent)
5. The immense benefits reaped by the Bush administration as a result of the attacks.

There are many more inconsistencies specifically related to the official story, but as there is so much conjecture over their legitimacy I felt it inappropriate to include them.

I too, had been brainwashed until recently, but just as is the case with UFO coverups, the fact that the FBI deny the alternatives, doesn't mean they didn't happen.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

[author lay sniveling on floor having committed second mistake due to memory] Forbes/Dupont.........please let me die in shame..............

You really don't "get it" do you.

From the last line of your opening post, to every post there after, you've used this thread to push propaganda with partisan "blinders" on.

Neither party is squeaky clean, and while you seem to get a superiority "high" out of it, with all the dripping sarcasm and subjective stabs against dems. in your posts, it's utterly empty and meaningless.

It hurts your cause by making the republican stance look rediculous through spouting irrelevant fictions and facts mixed as one.

If you had taken the time to actually read/research Kerry's family history (instead of claiming that others needed to
), you could have blasted the Forbes opium trade connections. While still off topic and irrelevant, at least your point would have been based in facts and it would have looked somewhat educated.

The fact is, if you do a little research you can find ugliness in all the "good ol boy's" pasts, not just from one specific "party", and to put any congressman on a list of "evil terrorists" next to OBL only serves to dilute the meaning of the phrase "terrorist threat", which you hold so dear as gospel that it's worth stripping away civil rights and liberties.

You have a right to believe whatever you choose, fact or fiction, but with the educational background you claim to hold, I would expect you to have the skills to be able to express yourself in a more meaningful way, with actual substance rather than the shallow sarcasm and the meaningless, irrelevant, attacks shown. :shk:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

You really don't "get it" do you.

Geezzz get a grip.................

Point>>> I am not a republican but do "hate" liberals who are in fact more dangerous than Al Qaeda.

The ultra liberal gang...Teddy, Biden, Kerry, hell even Spector......are far more dangerous because of their arrogant irrational "hate" for "W".
Their self important contempt for the america public should terrify every american.

The CIA and FBI are full of complete morons who get lost at the water cooler each day discussing their own superiority. In fact most are narrow minded idiots lost in the "finer" points of "THE LAW" instead of protecting the people that pay their salary.

Similar to your "obssesive" Forbes/Dupont issue..............an Irrelevant memory mistake that you can't let go because it make YOU feel superior.

I am confident enough in my own intellect to know I am not, nor will ever be "perfect". Unlike so many liberals that get lost in mindless minor detail and loose sight of the main goal of protecting the pubic.

The Consitution is NOT a suicide pack.................

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Geezzz get a grip.................

The same could be said to you.

Point>>> I *snip* "hate" liberals who are in fact more dangerous than Al Qaeda.

Again, not fact, just subjective opinion.

If you feel they are, in "fact", more dangerous, should we pull our troops back and have them storm Washington instead to deal with the "greater" threat in your eyes?

Hmmm, the thread title is "Al Qaeda, not the FBI, is the greater threat to America."

Maybe it should have been "Liberals, not Al Qaeda, are the greater threat to America."
to clarify your point.

The ultra liberal gang...Teddy, Biden, Kerry, hell even Spector......are far more dangerous because of their arrogant irrational "hate" for "W".

So dislike for someone, or their policies, is in your eyes more dangerous than suicide bombers, hijackers crashing into buildings, chem/bio threats?

Again, I think you're diluting the meaning of "threat".

Their self important contempt for the america public should terrify every american.

The same could definately be said of the "far right".

Similar to your "obssesive" Forbes/Dupont issue..............an Irrelevant memory mistake that you can't let go because it make YOU feel superior.

Nope, not superior, and I could have just as easily reiterated the falsehoods in the "little rich boy" statement, him having more cash than Teresa, the "You would be wrong!!!!!" statement, and others, but I felt just reiterating the one (forbes/dupont) made the point, and it was done without things like excessive exclamatioon points.

The Consitution is NOT a suicide pack.................

I agree, it was designed to protect the people from excessive governmental powers.

In my opinion, the current administration sees it as more of a "thorn in their side", rather than something they've sworn, under oath, to protect. :shk:

[edit on 2/11/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

In my opinion, the current administration sees it as more of a "thorn in their side", rather than something they've sworn, under oath, to protect. :shk:

The only thorn in the side of this admin is a hand full of nutty power hungry insane Senators, who have done significant damage to the constitution by empowering the terrorist. Trying to hand the right of US citizenship to terrorist. If it were not for this president we would not be able to have this discussion.

But please when you speak on your cell, try to speak more slowly, the NSA is having trouble following your accent.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by thermopolis]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Let's can the attitude in this thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The government is more dangerous because not only are they taking our rights away, they arnt protecting us well either.

Whats stoping a terrorist from coming from Mexico/Canada/Cuba and making a home made bomb and blowing up a bus? Or being a serial sniper worse than what happend in the D.C area?

Are we waiting for something like this to happen before we get better border security?

Agreed.

The Government are the ones that are power hungury. They took advantage of 9/11 to scare people into giving up some of their constitutional freedoms in the name of fighting "terrorism".

Constitutional freedoms should not be a casualty of the war on terror. Especially since the "terrorists" are the ones that want to take our freedpms away.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Tasketo]

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Tasketo]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The only thorn in the side of this admin is a hand full of nutty power hungry insane Senators, who have done significant damage to the constitution by empowering the terrorist.

This comment makes absolutely no sense given the current state of the congress/senate.

Dems. are the minority and get nothing passed without Republican approval, so the only "damage" they can do is Republican sanctioned "damage".

Trying to hand the right of US citizenship to terrorist.

No, Bush was the one pushing to give illegal immigrants US citizenship, so that his lobbyists could take advantage of the cheap labor in "jobs that americans wouldn't do."

If it were not for this president we would not be able to have this discussion.

Not even close, Bush and his administration did not write (and have done much to suppress) the "freedom of speech".

Reporters being arrested for not revealing sources in the Libby/Plame case is just one example of many.

But please when you speak on your cell, try to speak more slowly, the NSA is having trouble following your accent.

More rediculous insults, lies, and assumptions.
:shk:

I was born and raised in the midwest, where many nationally recognized "on air" reporters come from (due to a "lack of accent" which makes us easy for people to understand all across the country).

As for my "cell"

Just as you are "not a Republican", I am not a Democrat.

I'm an objective independant who looks at things from all angles, not just one party's condoned or approved angle, and I see corruption on both sides.

Remember, I was the one who mentioned the Forbes opium trade connection.

Which in my eyes if far worse than the (false) Dupont oil association you brought up.

However, both are just as irrelevant as the Bush nazi association, but at least the Bush/nazi and Forbes/opium associations are factual.

I just don't see how anyone can blame Democrats for currently evolving problems when they are the minority and have virtually no power (without Republican backing/approval), their "agenda" is not the one being approved and passed.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasketo
Whats stoping a terrorist from coming from Mexico/Canada/Cuba and making a home made bomb and blowing up a bus?

As for Canada and Mexico, not much :shk:

The last figures I heard/saw said the border patrol had only recieved roughly 10-15% of the funding and manpower they were promised after 9/11.

Are we waiting for something like this to happen before we get better border security?

Saddly, I think the answer is yes.

Then it can be said that "the measures taken were not enough", which gives excuse to further erode the constitution and bill of rights.

Constitutional freedoms should not be a casualty of the war on terror. Especially since the "terrorists" are the ones that want to take our freedoms away.

Agreed, it was said after 9/11 that one of the goals of the terrorists was to "disrupt the american way of life" (which is built on our rights and freedoms).

Again saddly, I would say (with our governments help) the "terrorists" are winning on that front. :shk:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Dems. are the minority and get nothing passed without Republican approval, so the only "damage" they can do is Republican sanctioned "damage".

"snip"

I just don't see how anyone can blame Democrats for currently evolving problems when they are the minority and have virtually no power (without Republican backing/approval), their "agenda" is not the one being approved and passed.

One can blame the "dems" for being obstructionist............the agenda of NO........

Blame.............The Wall by Gorelick under Clinton.......let 911 happen.
Blame.............The insane fearmongering by Dems stopping inter-agengy intel trading.
Blame.............Demanding terrorist have "geneva" rights at Abu or Gitmo (dems again)
Blame...............Ultra insane luny leftist MEDIA for reporting real National Security secrets to try to "get bush"
Blame..........Dems for "Surrender now" BS in Iraq

And you Redmage are about as "independent" as Howard Dean.............

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

But in 1977, Mr. Carter and his attorney general, Griffin B. Bell, authorized warrantless electronic surveillance used in the conviction of two men for spying on behalf of Vietnam.
The men, Truong Dinh Hung and Ronald Louis Humphrey, challenged their espionage convictions to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, which unanimously ruled that the warrantless searches did not violate the men's rights.
In its opinion, the court said the executive branch has the "inherent authority" to wiretap enemies such as terror plotters and is excused from obtaining warrants when surveillance is "conducted 'primarily' for foreign intelligence reasons."

www.washtimes.com...

Here is a prime example of the insanity of the luny left. Screaming about wire taps Carter lied to the american public and should lose his retirement money..............

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thermopolis.

You can go on about how the left is secrewing the counrty over, and everyone else can go on about how the right is secrewing the country over. The fact is, is that the Federal government is secrewing the country over.

The fact is, is that the Federal Government/CIA created these "terrorists" by sticking their hands where it didnt belong. This is what caused 9/11 (if you even believe they were behind it) Had we played fair, it would have never have happend.
www.zmag.org...

It also didnt help that we support Israel, a country that shouldnt even exist in the middle east.

And on top of that, while everyone is arguing about the patriot act and gets caught in this left-right trivial nonsense. The government isnt even protecting us because we have poor border security. Sure, they stopped some plane attacks, buts whats stopping "terrorists" from getting into the country? We cant even stop cokain from coming in from Columbia & we cant stop Mexicans from going north. What the hell is protecting us?

Everyone needs to stop and look at whats going on and take action, but every one is caught in this partizan, politicized, political nonsense. Thermopolis, you are a perfect example of that.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Tasketo]

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Tasketo]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join