It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zodiac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I've have been looking at the zodiac lately and I am surprise at how accurate some of the stuff is about personalities and looks. Go here www.novareinna.com... and also look at the Decans.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've been really amazed on how the zodiac can be right... i'm not referring to the link you posted, but to a program (i don't remember its name) a friend of mine used on me.
In a nutshell, you have to input your date of birth, hour and place, and the program calculates your sign and ascendants (sp?).

Well, i've always been skeptic about it all, but had to change my opinion: the reading this program gave us was so precise that left me completely speechless and amazed!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sometimes I can just look at the person's looks and behaviour and know their zodiac

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Encablossa, thanks for the link. It is a very well constructed site with a wealth of interesting information. Perhaps, as a Virgo, I am just attracted to it because of all the lists and the high attention to details.

Here's a link to Manly P. Hall's chapter on the Zodiac from "The Secret Teachings of All Ages":

The Zodiac and its Signs

This paragraph, I believe, is most pertinent to the discussion at hand:

The antiquity of the zodiac is much in dispute. To contend that it originated but a mere few thousand years before the Christian Era is a colossal mistake on the part of those who have sought to compile data, concerning its origin. The zodiac necessarily must be ancient enough to go backward to that period when its signs and symbols coincided exactly with the positions of the constellations whose various creatures in their natural functions exemplified the outstanding features of the sun's activity during each of the twelve months. One author, after many years of deep study on the subject, believed man's concept of the zodiac to be at least five million years old. In all probability it is one of the many things for which the modem world is indebted to the Atlantean or the Lemurian civilizations. About ten thousand years before the Christian Era there was a period of many ages when knowledge of every kind was suppressed, tablets destroyed, monuments torn down, and every vestige of available material concerning previous civilizations completely obliterated. Only a few copper knives, some arrowheads, and crude carvings on the walls of caves bear mute witness of those civilizations which preceded this age of destruction. Here and there a few gigantic structures have remained which, like the strange monoliths on Easter Island, are evidence of lost arts and sciences and lost races. The human race is exceedingly old. Modern science counts its age in tens of thousands of years; occultism, in tens of millions. There is an old saying that "Mother Earth has shaken many civilizations from her back," and it is not beyond reason that the principles of astrology and astronomy were evolved millions of years before the first white man appeared.

While this will certainly strike some readers as a controversial statement, mostly due to the use of the terms Atlanteans and Lemurians, there are a growing number of indicators attesting to the importance of astronomical observation very, very early in human societal development. One article on this I recently read was by Licia Filingeri at Paleolithic Art Magazine:

The Observation of the Stars for the Purpose of Cult in the Most Remote Antiquity Through the Reading of Myths

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I am Leo and going to become an officer in the NZ army, just waiting in recrutiment and doing this for now. Well it certainly has got the leadership correct.

new topics

top topics

join