It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Impossible for Hillary to Become President?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A new CNN/USA Today poll shows only 16% of Americans say they'd be likely to vote for Hillary Clinton for President while a whopping 51% say they'd never vote for her!

Times Online UK

A CNN/Gallup/USA Today poll last week found that 51% of Americans “definitely” would not vote for her and only 16% said they definitely would. Among men, 60% said they would not vote for her.

Is it all possible she could win if 51% say they definitely would not vote for her under any circumstances?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Despite the greatly misguided illusion by some on the left, Hillary Clinton will never be elected president (unless the election is rigged, which is possible). She is radioactive. Far too many people dislike her intensely.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
She is radioactive. Far too many people dislike her intensely.

I agree. She's actually done an amazing job of rebranding herself since just like 10 years ago the thought of her being able to run for anything would be laughable, but I think it's just impossible for her to win the Presidency.

I also suspect that the true percentage of people who'd never vote for her is higher than this poll indicates since it's been proven people tend to lie in such polls and say they'd consider voting for a woman or a minority when they really wouldn't just to not sound sexist or racist. It's probably like 55 - 60%

[edit on 1/31/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Usually only about 37-40% of those Americans eligible to vote ever actually show up. At least half of them loathe Hillary.

They are afraid of her and they mistrust her and they associate her with her so-called husband that they still despise.

Hillary is formiddable in her ruthlessness and cunning. But she cannot win the presidency in a fair race.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
We've got some hairy palm frontal lobes with all this mental masturbation!

First & foremost, 2 things: 1) It's Jan.2006, so all the polls in the world are meaningless. 2) The focus should be on John McCain. I know it's a thread highjack of sorts but strongly related: if there is one Senator in all of Congress who has completely shifted his stance towards a makeover & sold out and kissed butt and effectively took some substance & converted themselves into a complete political whore, it is John McCain, not Hillary Clinton.
As for the making of the president, it's so far detached from what the people want that it's silly to speculate. If the ONE PARTY wants Hillary, Hillary will be president. The ONE PARTY wanted a drug addled former alchy business bankrupting grandson of Nazi financiers, and they made him president twice, even after losing the first one, so don't trail the chafe son.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Aren't polls irrelevant though? Doesn't the electoral college select the president, regardless of what the public opinion is? I mean, I know they do try and stick with what the people want, but it's not gauranteed. I know we've had a couple of presidents who didn't get the popular vote but were still elected into office.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I would vote my cat Ophelia to pres before another Christian Conservative Terrorist. I hope to see Mccain run, being one of the few reasonable voices of a party that very well may win the White House again. If we (Dems) arent going to take the cake in '08 we should all hope that its McCain rather than our other options.

I'm still voting for Oprah.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Much too early for polls to be meaningful, although I've seen a half-dozen do far that show her losing against any number of opponents.

McCain would be way down my list of candidates to vote for.

If Hillary were elected, I wouldn't be surprised to see a military coup de 'etat.
j/k

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I heard a couple hillbillies at the bar saying that if Hill is elected they are taking up arms. Thats a serious stance.
I would love to see a little feminine compassion in the White House. It pains me to see our best hopes are Clinton and Cunnalingus Rice.

Given that Hillary gets the Dem nomination, who do you conservatives think will be her opposition? If not McCain, who?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

if it's so unlikely that she'd win, why is there so much focus on the part of the rebublicans towards her, and her campaign??

whenever she's asked about it, she just smiles evasively and avoids answering, and yet, to listen to the republicans talk, well, she's the one and only democratic candidate around!! heck, they've already spent big bucks allready trying to get her knocked off in the senate race......

hey, if she was running, it would of been the gov. or ny that rebutted the state of the union address.....and not, who was it, oh ya, mark warner's prodigy, the new governor of Virginia, which happens to be the best run fiscally sound state in the US!!!

look elsewhere for the dem presidential candidate......I don't think it's gonna be hillary. the republicans are gonna sink all their eggs into her basket, and well, do everything in their power to bring her down, and then, well, they won't have any resources left for the real candidate.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

if it's so unlikely that she'd win, why is there so much focus on the part of the rebublicans towards her, and her campaign??

Haver you ever heard of Brer Rabbit and the briar patch?

PLLLLEEEEASSSSEEEEE don't fling me in that briar patch!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
ya, I've heard of the story, never read the story, so, really don't know the story line.

but, unless events take a tangent soon, I got a feeling that most americans are gonna be sick and tired of both the far left and the far right, as well as with the current players that have been in the arena. they are gonna want new faces, as well as people who are just a tad bit more moderate. hillary isn't really passing herself off too well on the moderate bit, although she's trying and there's no telling just what a few years can accomplish.

I don't buy the idea that she'll just automatically get the women's votes, I'm a women, I won't vote for her. And, I think it's highly unlike that a little women democratic senator from ny will be able to carry the southern states. even if that women is a Clinton....which to me isn't too much of an assett to her. and, if Bush carries on his war on terror until his final days in office, well, she's even more unlikely to win the presidency. although, I have to admit, she probably will understand the middle east, it's culture, and the problems it poses to us more than the other candidates will....

in plain simple words, I don't think she could win the presidency, and I hope that she'll realize this, and and cede to someone that is a little more apt to win, whoever that may be.....recognizing just how important is to this nation that another neo-con republican takes the office again!!

I believe that even statistics pont out that senators aren't that lucky with presidential races, it's usually the governors that are.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

whenever she's asked about it, she just smiles evasively and avoids answering, and yet, to listen to the republicans talk, well, she's the one and only democratic candidate around!!

Well, she's finally starting to make some noise. Several days ago in Calif. she said that it's time there was a woman in the White House.

hey, if she was running, it would of been the gov. or ny that rebutted the state of the union address

I'm assuming a typo ? where you really meant the gov. of ny?

That would be a real coup if he delivered the rebuttal speech, since he's a dyed-in-the-wool Republican.

George E. Pataki, the 53rd Governor of New York State, has shown that strong leadership and commitment to core principles can position the Empire State to lead America well into the 21st century. New York State’s first Republican-Conservative chief executive, George Pataki was elected Governor on November 8, 1994. On November 3, 1998, he was re-elected by a margin of twenty percent, the largest landslide for a Republican governor in New York history. He then won re-election to a third term in November 2002 by a margin of over 725,000 votes, and he is now the longest serving governor in the United States.
NY

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
NY is run like a far left liberal democratic state!! even it's republicans share more in common to the dems than they do the republicans.....

having the governor of ny speaking against bush would probably do alot of good for bush, really....

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

NY is run like a far left liberal democratic state!! even it's republicans share more in common to the dems than they do the republicans.....

having the governor of ny speaking against bush would probably do alot of good for bush, really....

You're absolutely right, NY is one of the bluest states in the union. That's why I found this picture of the state to be so funny:

encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com...

Sorry I couldn't upload the image - the member upload section doesn't seem to be working.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
well, to tell ya how bad it's gotten, well, I lean toward the democratic side in alot of issues, we just couldn't stand it anymore!!! both me and my husband would prefer to be working instead of living the life of ease, taking their handouts. and in so many ways, we would have been better off-----financially-----if we just decided we weren't gonna work anymore, that's if they let us get away with it. but then, we both more than likely could have managed to persuade them that we couldn't work, what the heck, there was alot of people who couldn't work who's back xray doesn't look like my husbands, and they seem to get around alot better than I was while up there....we could have been sitting on easy street also, I bet. but well, easy street is gonna run into a dead end I bet real soon. there's so many hard working refugees from ny down here, it's unbelievable....must be cutting into their tax revenues, and that how they're paying for this nice easy street......lol....

that and borrowing out the tail, even though that is unconstitutional, but then, well, there's ways around any laws, if you happen to writing them to know where the paths are!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The above is bullshizite. New York happens to be somewhere where intellect is not looked upon as being a liability, that's why NY Republicans are usually more moderate folks. Also, native NYers in politics almost always come from nothing to something, not the multi-generational old boy wealth as seen in other parts of the country.
NYers live by No nutz no glory, that's how Hillary got elected Senator over a pretty vicious personal attack campaign by Rove pick Lazio - she took it & flipped it back without wilting. We respect that out here, that's why NY was so anti no nutz Bush......ever see one with them?
( not counting the type of sites Limbaugh pays memebership to , that is!)

Again folks, we're rooting for characters in a play, not actual people.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hillary will be president in 2008.

There is A LOT of time left before elections and polls
are virtually meaningless. Too much can happen
and the politicing has only just started.

I can't stand Hillary ... but she will definately be
elected. The ONLY person who could possibly
stand in her way is Guiliani.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I for one would think Hillary would do a good job!
But She has shot herself in the foot more then once and then looks like a dear in the headlights

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Im in no way a Hill fan..but if she dose make it to the white house, I think that will finally open the door. For more eligible women to come into office;and I think thats a door that needs to be opened.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join