It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shocking Lies about personal care and beauty products (well worth a look)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Harvesting Fetal Body Parts

By Kelly Patricia O'Meara

[Reprinted with permission of Insight. Copyright 1999 New World Communication, Inc. All rights reserved.]

The distribution of fetal body parts to scientists is a million-dollar industry. Researchers claim it's a necessary evil, but others fear it may encourage some grim abuses.

Scientists depend on human body parts for research they believe may yield breakthroughs in a number of diseases, such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, that affect millions of people. But the public largely is unaware of the way the laundry list of body parts for scientific research is filled. Those who oppose using human flesh for research wonder if knowing the gruesome details would make a difference to those who support the practice.

Actual requests for body parts such as a "whole intact leg, including the entire hip joint," come with special instructions that the body be dissected by "cutting through symphysis pubis (pubic bone) and include whole illium." Additionally, a request may specify the speed at which the dissection must occur - - in this instance, that the researcher would like the body part "to be removed from the cadaver within 10 minutes." Finally, the scientists specify whether "abnormalities" are permitted and under what conditions a body part will be shipped (such as in wet or dry ice) and by what mode of transportation (usually one of the well-known overnight-delivery services).

visit source for full article

Read this article:

www.taipeitimes.com...

China first denied they were doing this, now they finally came out.

[trimmed large quote]

[edit on 12-2-2006 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ok i feel physically sick about the baby thing, but links are necessary. EDIT:Oh ok, sorry didnt see page 2 lol.

Could elaborate about the toms of maine thing you were just saying?

Organic products do have to go through a screening process. There are strict guidelines that have to be adhered to before it can be called organic. You cant just slap it on if its not true.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you see "Collagen" on a bottle, run like crazy. Who know's what they put in it. Those placenta creams also have more than just placentas in them. Collagen is the key word though, since that is 100% assured from a dubious source.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
but i really really want a credible source about the fetus thing. its the most despicable thing ive heard in ages. I could only find some christian site, and to be honest theyre not exactly happy about anything to do with science, even stem cells research so stuff like this they may exaggerate, i dont know.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88

Could elaborate about the toms of maine thing you were just saying?

Organic products do have to go through a screening process. There are strict guidelines that have to be adhered to before it can be called organic. You cant just slap it on if its not true.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Shadow88]

This is off of the Toms of Maine site.

We use this ingredient because fluoride is a proven decay preventative that has been found safe and effective by the Food and Drug Administration. We also realize that not everyone wants or needs fluoride in their toothpaste, so we also offer a line of toothpaste without fluoride.

link

Here is some discussions on Fluoride. For anyone interested.
FLUORIDATION: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal
Shocking News About Fluoride

And here is a another discussion on this subject with good links too.
Dozens of Chemicals Found in Most Americans' Bodies

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Here is an older petition that took place about Organic Labeling.

A recent court decision ruled that only natural ingredients should be allowed in foods labeled as "organic." This ruling reinforces our current organic labeling law by keeping chemically-derived synthetic substances from being used in foods labeled as “organic.”

But industry groups are lobbying Congress to change the law so that artificial ingredients can be included in foods labeled “organic”! Specifically, food producers such as the Organic Trade Association, Kraft Foods and others seek to amend the Organic Foods Production Act (passed in 1990) so that synthetic substances can be used in food products labeled as "organic." They claim that consumers do not care about their use in "organic" food and are trying to slip this change into the law without any public input.

U.S. consumers clearly do care! The nonpartisan watchdog group Consumers Union recently conducted a nationwide survey of 1,200 adults and found that 85% of respondents said they do not expect food labeled as "organic" to contain artificial ingredients.

UPDATE: On October 26th, the Agricultural Appropriations Conference Committee voted to weaken the organic label. The decision to allow chemically derived ingredients — some without careful, independent review — was made even after members of Congress heard from more than 325,000 of their constituents and more than 200 organic companies opposing this very action.

link

This is why when you go into the grocery store a lot of brand name products are labeled Organic. Doesn't mean that they always are. You need to read the ingredients. Also Natural and organic are not the same thing. Look for the USDA Organic seal. Check this out For info on Organic Labeling and what is considered Organic.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Taipei Times is a credible source for the Chinese prisoner thing, I have several sources for the Fetus in beauty products thing (Collagen being the fat and skin taken from Fetuses, babies have much more collagen than bone), however I'm attempting to find something of very high caliber (until I find more sources, let's research the claims given in these two articles). I first heard about this on Alex Jones, I remember him citing several diseases which were normally rare are now occuring because of these practices.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ah well that clears things up
yes i just checked im using the one that says no this and that and no fluride, the true organic one lol

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Thank you for posting that stuff Nakash.

I certainly do have a problem with the collagen stuff, but the article you posted about fetal research is another thing. I have to agree with it. Why just waste fetus' and full grown bodies alike, if they can be used for legitimate research. If we can cure HIV/AIDs one day through this type of research, imagine the amount of people who's lives will be saved.

This idea of human/fetal material in vanity products is irony at it's best. Not only is it ironic, it's monstrous to say the least. Tradition or not, it's sick. I will be letting all of my female friends know about this, if our research turns out to be legitimate.

This reminds me of a Southpark episode. To make it short, they portrayed Christopher Reves as a fetus sucking(literaly) monster. It's was a stab at the stem cell activasts, that could not suport thier outlandish claims.

I for one, do not welcome our fetus face cream injecting overlords.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I agree. I mean at the bottom of your stomach/heart whatever it has to seem......just plain wrong to use them for anything, but if you weigh out the bigger picture, using them to find cures will save more lives than they use. But using them for, like you say, human vanity, a frivolous endeavor, ad outright despicable. They were life after all.

If each fetus used could equal to future thousands being saved, you can sort of moralise the issue. But for nothing but a few hours of one person looking slightly more asthetically pleasing, i cannot condone the mutilation, extraction, disection etc of thousands of would-have-been babies.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

SODIUM CHLORIDE: Causes skin and eye irritation

Let's ban sodium chloride aka table salt. While we're at it, let's ban digydrogenmonoxide as well.

Dihydrogenmonoxide (DHMO) is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the danger of DHMO do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

DHMO:
* is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain,
* contributes to the "greenhouse effect",
* may cause severe burns,
* contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape,
* accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals,
* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes,
* has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
* Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions!

Quantities of DHMO have been found in almost every stream, lake and reservoir in America today. The pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. In the Midwest alone DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage.

Despite the danger, DHMO is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant,
* in nuclear power plants,
* in the production of Styrofoam,
* as a fire retardant,
* in many forms of cruel animal research,
* in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical,
* as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The horror must be stopped!

The American government has refused to ban production, distribution, or use of the damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economical health of this nation". In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

It's not too late!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know can hurt you and others throughout the world.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Its at this point you wonder, is the industry of the world made up of meglomaniac, homicidal morons that simply enjoy killing us all, slowly and painfully by any means neccessary?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They should ban Aspartame and splenda. Aspartame eats holes in your brains and spreads tumours like crazy just like it's precursors Saccarin anc Sodium Ciclamate (which are banned, Ciclamate is allowed in Canada with a little "causes cancer" notice- sleazy bastards making money out of dead people, get's to me). Splenda is made from industrial waste Chlorine.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Simon666, once again someone beat me!
Yes the salt thing, was gonna mention it.

However:

MINERAL OIL Labled TOXIC. Made from crude oil. Symptoms include arthritis, migraine, hyperkinesis, epilepsy and diabetes

As far as I believe mineral oil does not absorb into human skin, I mean for one thing I have rubbed it on certain body parts (hehe)and it does not absorb at all.
You got to wipe it off.

Petrolatum and mineral oil are clear, odorless oils derived from petroleum and purified. These are commonly used in moisturizers due to their effectiveness and low incidence of irritation. Petrolatum and mineral oil do not absorb into the skin because the molecules are too large to penetrate the skin. Therefore they stay on the surface and provide a barrier between the skin and the air.

skincarerx.com...
Could be biased, but I searched for the link after I already knew of its non-absorption qualities to help back my claim.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666

SODIUM CHLORIDE: Causes skin and eye irritation

Let's ban sodium chloride aka table salt. While we're at it, let's ban digydrogenmonoxide as well.

Yes, the infamous DHMO, thousands die every year because of that.

And we all have it in our homes.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The main reason nothing is done about these clearly harmful products, well its obvious, lack of knowledge, of understanding.

And it goes without saying that big companies who use these chemicals/ingredients etc clearly don't want the public to know, otherwise they wouldnt buy their products.

The only way to make a difference is for someone to launch a television campaign telling the public exactly what they do. However its the hardest thing to get TV stations to allow a campaign like that through as they have a lot of money riding on the big corporations.

And therein lies the problem. The companies can control the actions of the core information outlet. TV.

If anyone has any info on advertising i'd be happy to know, i want to research the field.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nakash

I can assure you that religion has nothing to do with it.

When money and greed are at play, religion gets thrown out the window.

You just need to take a close look at how many of the wealthy Islamist live. There is little difference, except they are far more class oriented, and women and infidels are forfeit, so I wouldn't be backing that group if I was you.

We all need to make better choices on where and how we spend our money, since it is the ultimate way we chose our overlords.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join