It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shocking Lies about personal care and beauty products (well worth a look)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Foreword: Recently me and my family have gone for all these organic products. Most people groan, as did I, when they hear the word organic. No doubt when the larger companies are spewing out false propanganda and smear campaigns about organic products. I can say as the gods honesyt truth that they have made me physically healthier, and that they are in fact NOT way more expensive. Anyway the reasons for us doing so will all become clear below.

I cant list all of them, but here is a little taster of all the things we put in our mouths, on our faces, in and on our bodies everyday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sodium Flouride - a Rat Poison - A main ingredient in toothpastes

About 20-35% of the people growing up in artificially fluoridated areas experience a disturbance of tooth development so great that the resulting damage is visible to the naked eye. This disease is referred to as dental fluorosis.

Osteoporosis is one of the first signs of poisoning due to fluoride in the water. As little as 0.7 part per million fluoride in the water has been associated with skeletal fluorosis.

Fluoride damages teeth by interfering with the proper formation of collagen and collagen-like proteins in the tooth during the tooth formative stages. These proteins also comprise the structural component for our skin, ligaments, muscles, cartilage, and bone. Fluoride leads to a breakdown of these proteins.LINK

SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE - Dubbed The most harmful ingredient in personal care products

Research has shown that SLS and SLES may cause potentially carcinogenic nitrates and dioxins to form in the bottles of shampoos and cleansers by reacting with commonly used ingredients found in many products. Large amounts of nitrates may enter the blood system from just one shampooing.

Used throughout the world for clinical testing as a primary skin irritant

Is potentially harmful to skin and hair. Cleans by corrosion. Dries skin by stripping the protective lipids from the surface so it can't effectively regulate moisture.

LANOLIN - MYTH: A beneficial moisturizer.

FACT: Advertisers have found that the words "contains Lanolin" help to sell a product and have promoted it as being able to "penetrate the skin better than other oils," although there is little scientific proof of this. Lanolin has been found to be a common skin sensitizer causing allergic contact skin rashes (Winter). Lanolin usually contains pesticides and dioxins, known carcinogens, used on sheep and wool.

Many of the hyped ingredients found in most cosmetic brands cannot penetrate the skin because of their high-molecular weight, so they are of little benefit. For example: procollagen, collagen, elastin, cross-linked elastin, and hyaluronic acids.
So basically almost everthing you here on adverts about "Our revolutionary formula utilising collagen and vitamin A...." etc is utter garbage.

Extract from a List of Harmful Ingredients which companies claim to, but do not, benifit the skin/body. Many also actually harm the skin Perhaps you've heard of some mentioned on TV ads??? I bet you have.

ALBUMIN and BENTONITE TEMPORARY wrinkle remover, simply coats and fills wrinkles
BIOTIN (Vitamin H) Worthless, Molecules too large to penetrate the skin
COLLAGEN causes skin rashes, contains pesticides
ELASTIN Exsessively dries the skin, from the inside out
MINERAL OIL Labled TOXIC. Made from crude oil. Symptoms include arthritis, migraine, hyperkinesis, epilepsy and diabetes
SEAWEED: Gives substance to the product, not the skin
SODIUM CHLORIDE: Causes skin and eye irritation
TYROSINE Proven to not aid tanning in any way
AHA's Exposes young skin and causes long term skin damage

I hope this has been both helpful and eye-opening for you. Maybe you'll hesitate next time before putting industrial grade rat poisons in your mouth and products that actually do far FAR more harm than any good.

www.healthy-communications.com...

More products and ingredients to shock you here: www.nomorebreastcancer.org.uk...

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Shadow88]

[edit on 2-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Nive post, Shadow88. But you neeed to add reference links to the information you posted.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
thanks and LOL sorry ive added them at the bottom of my first post
. I just think that not enough people know about the dangers. I do, so im simply passing on the useful information.

Oh and a nice little quote from Shelley Kramer, Local Office Director for the Cancer Prevention Coalition of Los Angeles.

It has only been discovered this past decade that over 98% of our personal hygiene and beauty cosmetic products contain harmful ingredients and other chemicals which are now known carcinogens.

link

More than 400 Toxic Chemicals in your Blood LINK

And everyone wonders why 1 in 3 have cancer...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
People should definitely be concerned about this sort of thing.

I'd never heard about the stuff in shampoo, but it's more worrying when it's in your food though.

There are a lot of very harmful things deliberately put into our food.

A few being Aspartame, Sodium Nitrate (in 99% of all meat), hydrogenated vegetable oil and trans fats, MSG(disputed), various colourings(carcinogenic) and the list goes on.

www.truthpublishing.com is a great site for nutritional info, bonus is that it comes from someone who doesn't want you dead.

I say buy organic!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
O cool site thanks and yea food is a major worry too.

If youve ever heard about hyrogenated vegetable oil, its just gross. Something about them drying the fat, pressing it into pellets, then smushing the pellets into food?

LOL and msg gives me personally anxiety, headaches, and high heartrate (from a small bowl of chinese food, which has a lot of msg for those who dont know)

Honestly it would take about 3 or 4 pages to list all the seriously harmful chemical and ingredients i n foods, haircare, personal care, beauty products etc and their effects. The links are well worth a read.

Heres a little factoid for you, Most anti persperants and deoderant's main ingredient is aluminium (or aluminum for americans
) It blocks the pores and stops the glands from releasing toxins from your body. It is linked to cancer, altziemers and other things as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This is a very informative thread but i was wondering if there was any way you could give some information on alternative products to use.
for example

Heres a little factoid for you, Most anti persperants and deoderant's main ingredient is aluminium (or aluminum for americans
) It blocks the pores and stops the glands from releasing toxins from your body. It is linked to cancer, altziemers and other things as well.

If you could list the products that you have found DO NOT use this, or something similar would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh most certainly. we've just tryed one after another and THIS one has definately worked the best so far. It actually works equally as good as aluminium deoderant for about a day and a half or so (no exercise obv) with one application. You can order it online, (google the product, that way you can find the best price)

For organic foods there should be many brands around the supermarket, although theyre sparsely spread, so sometimes difficult to spot. And WOW the "Green and Blacks organic chocolate/icecream/hot chocolate" is absolutely gorgeous.

Ohhh i remember also a main ingredient of the majority of "care" products is PARABENS. It has been found in large traces inside cancerous cells.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ive heard freeze dried fruit is amazing for you. Much better than normal fruit. You should also eat sea vegetables, green tea and good luck finding meat without sodium nitrate in it. Avoid homogenized milk and read the ingredients before you buy. Avoid anything that says "no added sugar" cus they swap it with poison.

Peace!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey, thanks a lot! Whenever you find or test products you should post it in here to help people like myself get away from these other deadly products.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Great post!

My father, who was an accomplished used car salesman/lawyer and not coincidentally an inveterate liar, used to tell me there were only three things worth selling, dreams, plumbing, and morturary services.

He figured indoor plumbing was here to stay, and of course everyone dies, eventually. As far as selling dreams, he figured if you can identify a need in a person, and sell to that, you can't go wrong. Selling poisonous anti-stink paste (in bar form) to naturally stinky men is a perfect example.

Selling dreams is a nice way of saying lie to customers, just the sort of stuff you outlined so well in your post. Tell a woman you can make her beautiful with crushed bugs and gelatin, tell a man you can get help him get a woman with whale vomit and toilet water, tell a blind man he can see with your special high energy laser procedure (results may vary, side-effects include blindness, deafness, burning pains, explosion and/or death
), tell them anything but make sure to get the cash up front, and never stay in one place too long.

Capitalism has never demonstrated the ability to be socially responsible. Why people expect it to be is beyond me. But, like in all things, people are responsible for the consequences of their decisions (ill-informed or not). Who is responsible for the depravity of the businessmen? The businessmen. Who is responsible for the craven addiction to everything harmful displayed by consumers? The consumers.

Everything will work out in the end; the trusting consumer is a sub-species doomed to extinction if this heightened level of corporate predation continues.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Im just glad i could give you guys the knowledge about how companies are physically and mentally harming our bodies everyday. Hey in the long run if its managed to stop a few of you from getting altzeimers or cancer or even dandruff, i guess we can all rest easy tonight on our good karma boost!

oh no....im starting to sound like an eco-nut!
lol!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Factoid #2 Farmers inject their cows with oestrogen, (a hormone promoting the growth of female characteristics at puberty) to make them produce more milk. The oestrogen is then passed on into the milk.

Hmmm.....im not sure its really a good idea for BOYS to be ingesting a lot of a feminising hormone?.

To put it frankly there are possible links to the increased homosexuality population and smaller penises. (apparently so! lol but theres not enough research being done) I guess i shouldnt laugh as its quite a serious issue but i bet some of you do.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Also here are some useful organic food links.

www.organicdelivery.co.uk... - Back up on the 31st

www.organicfood.co.uk... - Information, recipes, and more.

Im not sure.....but it seems that britain has embraced "organic" a lot more than america perhaps, as there are many more british sites on organic food, selling and delivering organic food etc......odd.......

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You forgot the dark secret of the Beauty industry- how aborted babies are often used in creams, as well as fat and skin from Chinese dissidents are often in many products.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm glad that all the fluoride I had in my water for the first 15 years of my life didn't do anything to my teeth.

I'm 31, have taken HORRIBLE care of my teeth for most of my life, spent the first 15 years drinking water with flouride in it, and am about to get my fifth filling. If flouride is so bad for my teeth, then how come after taking such lousy care of them,

A. they're all still in but two wisdoms
B. I don't have tons of fillings/cavities

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Great post.
Here are some links to products that we use.
Tom's of Maine
I love their Cinnamint tooth paste and they have realy good deodorants too.

Jason Natural
We use their shampoos and conditioner. Also their body lotion with aloe vera.

All Natural Crystal Body Deodorant
This deodorant works well too, if you dan't have sensitive skin.

And for food, we eat a lot of Buffalo and Elk meat. Make sure you read lables and know what your eating. If you don't know what an ingredient is don't eat it.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
For those of you that are really worried about your hygiene products, I recomend checking out Tom's of Maine. They're a company that makes hygiene products that are made of natural ingredients, and a lot less of the carcinogens mentioned in the first post in this thread.

For example thier toothpaste contains calcium flouride, instead of sodium flouride. Calcium flouride is 81 times(or something like that) less toxic then sodium flouride. I'm gonna warn you, the toothpaste tastes like cornhole, LOL.

Check out the website if you are honestly concerned. You can look at all of thier products and the ingredients in each of them.

BTW, very nice post Shadow88.

Edit: Bah, Earthmagick beat me to it lol.

Thanks for posting the shampoo info, I was about to go looking for it myself.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by ReginalBigsby]

[edit on 31-1-2006 by ReginalBigsby]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
No way lol thats who i was looking for. Nice find. Yea i use that brand of toothpaste. Not at all chalky as some organic toothpastes. hehe i also have the strawberry toothpaste!

seriously though most people are put off by the fact that organic toothpaste doesnt take SUPA MINTY!!! so using one like the strawberry one first is a good idea, then see if you dont mind the normal.

And flouridated water is in different quantities in different areas, so thats a factor. Also there is a lot for flouride in toothpaste than water, so if you never brushed your teeth, then less flouride exposure. All i can say i lucky you!

how aborted babies are often used in creams

Errrr......
come again?

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

1. Collagen is a gelatinous substance found in the connective tissue, bone and cartilage. The leading 12 shampoos and five hand creams all contain collagen. Unless a beauty product specifies animal collagen or bovine collagen, the product probably contains human collagen. With 1.6 million abortions yearly, there is an abundant source of fetuses for commercial use.

2. Babies’ bodies are sold by the bag, $25/batch or up to $5500/pound (1984). The sale of late-term abortions at DC General Hospital brought $68,000 between 1966-1976. The money was used to buy a TV set, cookies, and soft drinks for visiting professors.

3. Trash. In Richmond, VA, an abortion center there filled a long bin on the rear of its property with the remains of its day’s extractions. Its trash compactor neatly mashed 100 babies’ bodies, which were then tied up in plastic bags and thrown on top of the bin. The hungry dogs came along and dragged the bags away. There were frequent fights and the contents of the bags would be strewn up and down the streets until the dogs separated the gauze, sponges and pads and devoured the placenta, bones, and flesh of the babies.

4. Burning of babies’ corps and parts.

5. A young couple wanted to conceive a child to be aborted so that the father-to-be could use the baby’s kidneys for a transplant that he needed himself.

6. In California, babies aborted at six months were submerged in jars of liquid with high oxygen content to see if they could breathe through their skins. They couldn’t.

7. Dr. Robert Schwartz, chief of pediatrics at the Cleveland Metropolitan Hospital, said that, “After a baby is delivered while it is still linked to its mother by the umbilical cord, I take a blood sample, sever the cord and then as quickly as possible remove the organs and tissues.”

8. Magee Women’s Hospital in Pittsburgh packed aborted babies in ice for shipment to experimental labs.

9. Newsday reported that an Ohio medical research company tested the brains and hearts of 100 fetuses as part of a $300,000 pesticide contract.

10. Human embryos and other organs have been encased in plastic and sold as paperweight novelty items.

11. The Diabetes Treatment Project at UCLA depends for its existence on the availability of pancreases from late-term aborted fetuses.

12. A rabies vaccine is produced from viruses grown in the lungs of aborted children, according to FDA. A polio vaccine was also grown with cells from aborted kids.

13. Tissue cultures are obtained by dropping still-living babies into meat grinders and homogenizing them, according to the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine.

14. The Village Voice reported estimates 7 years ago that 20,000 to 100,000 fetuses are sold to drug companies each year in the US.

15. There was a study done on the severed heads of 12 babies delivered by C-section who were kept alive for months.

16. Aborted babies’ fat is being used to make soap in England.

Sickening isn't it? I sometimes wish Islam could take over the West. We Christians are getting too weak and letting this happen.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash

2. Babies’ bodies are sold by the bag, $25/batch or up to $5500/pound (1984). The sale of late-term abortions at DC General Hospital brought $68,000 between 1966-1976. The money was used to buy a TV set, cookies, and soft drinks for visiting professors.

[...]

Sickening isn't it? I sometimes wish Islam could take over the West. We Christians are getting too weak and letting this happen.

Uhh huh...

No offense, Nakash, but your're going to have to post the link from where you got those facts from. I'm talking about legitamate sources too, not aliendave.com, or some other nonsense website. Until then, I'm gonna have to call bs...

[edit on 2-2-2006 by ReginalBigsby]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I use Toms of maine products...but be careful...they make products with AND without certain ingredients.....ie.. sodium flouride in toothpaste...they make some brands with it and some without...obviously go without.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join