It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking something to pass a drug test?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wow, I thought this thread died. Good comments everyone!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Why not run a tube from a inside pocket (containing pre-arranged sample) and simply give them a false sample!!! if it is that important (LOL), i'm sure they won't watch you, or make you take your jacket off, they'll probably send you into another room anyway... you wouldn't be the 1st, and you won't be the last. These tests are very rare in the UK and you only have to take them for Army, Police etc. If that is the type of job you are going for then I would say that if you are a drug user you may be about to embark upon the wrong career!!! good luck with that, whatever happens...

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Is it really that common for companies to do drug tests on their employees? I have never had to do a drug test, either when being hired, or while working, and that includes the three summers I worked for a security company.

How reliable are the current drug tests? I've heard that they aren't that good, but like I said, I haven't ever taken one before, so I wouldn't know.

One more thing to add:

DRUGS SUCK!!!! DON'T DO THEM!!!!

Yes, there are many companies that drug test and even more that require you to sign a form agreeing to take a drug test if they ever feel the need to test you. Any DOT or FAA jobs (school bus drivers, truck drivers, pilots, etc..) are supposed to be tested randomly.

The company I worked for had a software system that kept track of the percentage of employees that have to be tested at the company and then randomly generated a list. Even Wal-Mart requires all employees to pass a drug test before being hired.

What is kind of disturbing is what I have read about drug test accuracy. Whiel the tests where you go into a clinical setting and provide a sample, which is then split into two or more bottles and sent to a lab where a GCMS test is done, those have an accuracy of like 99.1%. While on the other hand the instant tests, have an accuracy of about 75%.

Heh, would you be willing to risk your job for something with a 75% accuracy rate? The DOT and FAA tests are GCMS tests but private tests can be either.
Though regulations state that once a person fails a drug test they cannot work in a safety position until they pass a test. It is the company that decides the policy of wether or not to terminate employment.

I lost the job as a collector when I failed my drug test, on purpose. (even though I had been doing the job for 9 months without having been tested). I did not try to provide a clean sample. When the results came back, my employers were shocked to see I use marijuana. I was told I could keep the job if I proved I would stop smoking, but I refused and said I am not ashamed to be a marijuana user.

And as cocain, amphetamines, opiates, and pcp only stay within the body for a couple days, the chance of being caught for using those is Very slim. While marijuana can show in you system for more than 60 days, this is nothing more than a witch hunt targeted at marijuana users.

DRUGS SUCK!!!! DON'T DO THEM!!!!

Sorry, but its drug ABUSE that sucks. There are many responsible drug users out there. However the systems in place in the US today dont try to help those who have problems. But this is for another thread.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join