It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus/Horus/Krshna/etc=the same?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Note the similiarities between Jesus and the others:

Horus
Horus and the Father are one
Horus is the Father seen in the Son
Horus, light of the world, represented by the symbolical eye, the sign of salvation.
Horus was the way, the truth, the life by name and in person
Horus baptized with water by Anup (Jesus baptized with water by John)
Horus the Good Shepherd
Horus as the Lamb (Jesus as the Lamb)
Horus as the Lion (Jesus as the Lion)
Horus identified with the Tat Cross (Jesus with the cross)
The trinity of Atum the Father, Horus the Son, Ra the Holy Spirit
Horus the avenger (Jesus who brings the sword)
Horus the afflicted one
Horus as life eternal
Twelve followers of Hours as Har-Khutti (Jesus' 12 disciples)

Osiris-Dionysus
Here are some relations for you with the mythical god of the Egyptian/Greek godman Osiris-Dionysus (combined merely for the similarities of the 3)
*Osiris-dionysus is god made flesh, the savior 'son of god'
*his father is god and his mother is a mortal virgin
*he is born in a cave or humble cowshed on December 25 before 3 shepherds
*he offers his followers a chance to be born again through the rites of baptism
*he miraculously turns water to win in a marriage ceremony
*he rides triumphantly into town on a donkey while people wave palm leaves to honor him
*he dies at eastertime as a sacrifice for the sins of the world
*after his death he descends to hell, then on the third day he rises from the dead and ascends to heaven in glory
*his followers await his return as the judge during the last days
*his death and resurrection are celebrated by a ritual meal of bread and wine, which symbolizes his body and blood

Krshna
an incarnation of the hindu deity Vishnu
* was killed to atone for the sins of mankind
* was also the "full measure of the god-head" according to the Ramayana, ~300 years BCE
* was born miraculously by a virgin, his birth attended by shepherds and angels, according to the Bhagavad Gita and in accord with prophecy
* at birth was presented with frankincense and myrrh
* survived a command by Cansa, who ordered all the first born children to be put to death
* wrought many astounding miracles, including healing the sick, restoring the sight of the blind, casting out devils, raising the dead to life
* was baptised (ablution) in the river Ganges
* enabled his disciples to net large amounts of fish
* "transfigured" at a place called Madura
* spoke in parables
* taught that you should forgive your enemies, avoid sexual thoughts, love your neighbor, and condemn material wealth
* ascended back to Heaven in the sight of all men

Mithras:

According to the Book of Origins, the Canon of the Mithrasic faith, "the universe was created through Mithras, and Mithras was born into the world to save humanity from the attacks of the evil one, Ahriman, who was opposed to human beings. Mithras released the goodness Ahriman had stolen from humanity, and then died to the world, going to the underworld to destroy the servants of Ahriman and bind Ahriman there forever. Then He returned to the earth to teach humanity His commandments and begin Mysteries and Rites which would help humans remember His acts on our behalf. Because of His actions, we can choose good without the overwhelming power of evil, even though evil's influence can still seem powerful because our minds believe it is. Because of His teachings, we know that the purpose of our lives is to serve others in the name of Mithras."

He was:
* allegedly born on December 25th
* was born of the Sun God and a virgin mother
* created all life by slaying a bull, whose blood gave life to all useful things, hence the song, "Thou hast redeemed us by shedding the eternal blood." from an Avestan Hymn to Mithras
* considered the saviour of humankind, and stories abound of His healing the sick, raising the dead, and performing miracles (making the blind see and the lame walk)
* protector of human souls, a mediator between "heaven" and "earth" and was even associated with a "holy trinity"
* keeper of the covenant with mankind
* put to death on a cross and buried in a cave (some legends have Him held up in a cave to be reborn once a year)
* took part in a last supper with his 12 disciples (often associated with the 12 signs of the zodiac)
* ascended to the heavens to watch over His "flock" from above.
* was known as "The Way," "The Truth," "The Light," "The Life," "The Word," "The Son of God," and "The Good Shepherd"
* often pictured carrying a lamb on his shoulders
Mithraists believe:
* On judgement day, the faithful dead would be resurrected and light would triumph over darkness. They took part in ritual purification or baptism, held Sundays sacred, drank wine and ate bread as a symbol of the body and blood and even took part in ritualistic purging (purification rites such as flagellation).
* there is a "celestial heaven" and hell

there's even more:

www.foreverseeking.com...

interesting, aint it?

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Fascinating Illuminatic67 and also very true. If you think about it God (taking all these similarities into account) one could consider that the intent of God was to represent himself to each culture, in a way each could understand. But as well so as when we all got together what was in common would help us realize it was the same being.

Reading all the different scriptures regarding all of these prophets, is one way to trully understand God.

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Not interesting. The devil (satan) knew from the beggining
of the world what the son of man would be and how his life would be. so
what he did was creat all sorts of similar cultures with similar stories that
sound the same as jesus.

heres the one and only difference. you must recognize this. god
will give you the means to know what the truth is and show you the falsehood.

jesus worked miracles in the site of his apostles of healings. his teachings were perfect and
fit the word of god perfectly.

Moses and the prophets in the bible talked about jesus and proclaimed his comings.

the catholic church has all of the saints who bore his truth.

stigmatas have been upon people and they suffered his paassion. Tons of healings
came from the saints. healings cannot be performed by satan, he is limited.

the shroud of turan was proven authentic. if you want a video on this proof i have one.

jesus follows in line with moses and the god of the bibles teachings.

the flesh aand blood in communion has literally turned to live flesh and blood. this was a documented
miracle. This kind of miracles with the eucharist has happened more than once.

He gives you miracles to know the truth from the falsehood.

I have personally had dreams of this man walking in blood behind him.

he is the one, you may have doubts and qeustions but this is true. I literally know this to be true
because he has revealed himself to me when i did not know who he was.

But, you will be given a sign provided you are still alive. it will be the sign of the
cross that will stay in the sky for 3 nights and will be the only means of light for the world. Does
he really need to do this?? After all this proof hes given you??

he will though seeing at the arising falsehood of the world.

Go read on my post stuff in the future and read reply #44, i post what
saint talked about the great sign in the sky.

peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 10:09 PM
link   

so what he did was creat all sorts of similar cultures with similar stories that
sound the same as jesus.

truth, out of all those stories, the story of Jesus is the newer one... all those other stories came before the time of Jesus.

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I know that, most of them came from pagan egypt.

saatan was created before the world ill matic. he knew jesus life
and how he would come before it happened. he created all sorts of falsehoods before jesus
arrived to creat different cultures with the same type of existence.

But the difference is in the proof.

read my post over and please realize this. if you still have doubts you will be given a sign, the
world will.

but, i "know" hes god. if you witnessed how hes revealed himself to me and the saints over the years you
would know hes the lord.

The shroud, the miracles of the church, the miracles of the eucharist, all
the saints who performed unpresidented amount of miracles, the stigmatas.

what else do you need??

peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In relation to the issue of religion, every system of belief. Has been tainted by the cultures desire, that there belief system is applicable. As a means to stir the masses to fight wars against other cultures. Which in truth say's nothing about the Prophets who formed the system of belief.

But it does imply that when reviewing a religious text. We all have to be careful to identify what text is applicable to the above. From text intent upon which, real peace is the purpose. This being a very good reason to review all religious text from all over the world, before forming any conclusions.

As the saying goes Caviat Emptor.

[Edited on 19-10-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I dont doubt Jesus because of these new research I've done..

I know he's true that he's the savior... just because I'm opened minded to read about other beliefs and cultures doesnt deny my belief of Jesus.

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Ok. There is war between Satan and God.

And us, poors humans, are just in the middle of this war.

If I had the choice, I'll tell them : Do your war, and let us outside from your war !

...eeerr...No, it was a stupid statement.

NUKE SATAN !

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So, let it be written, so let it be done!!!!!

Booooom!

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What if this whole mythology, pagan, Christ thing, is in actuality all in reverse? Let's say Adam, the first man, who walked and talked with God for a while, later on after the whole Garden incident, decided to teach his family and descendents all about what God told him, just like a true believer. I mean let's face it, talking and hanging out with a Supreme Deity would be kind of hard to forget. So his descendents carry on the teachings of there father, and these get hand down through each generation until they become distorted truths and myths. I mean if there was a Noah and the whole ark business, then that would mean that all of us, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Athiests, etc, are all descendent from Noah. There were how many in the ark, eight? So, perhaps when they all went there separate ways after this flood, they continued this teaching down through there own descendents. The only difference is where the descendents were and that in each one, the truth was distorted and later became myth and folklore. I mean explain the grand similiarities between the Christ, and the Siva, Quetzalcoatl, on and on and on.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There have been thousands of people throughout the ages all over the world who have claimed to be the christ or Gods mediator between God and man. Jesus himself said that false christs shall arise and do wonderous things and speak great words. But I ask you all to consider this, satan hates God yet as satan has no power to match Gods he cannot harm GOD, so satan will attack that which God loves which is you and me. Satan knows that he has already lost the battle and is doomed for eternity so what his game plan is now is to pull down the people of the world so that they are only worthy of the same fate as he is. Satan is more wiser than anyone in the world and he knows that the best way in which to destroy Gods work and peoples lives is to attack and corrupt Gods holy word, by putting ideas into peoples minds to come up with similar beliefs to what Jesus taught.

We can all do the same simple things as what Jesus did that did not require any great power. Such as be baptised, be born in a similar place, have 12 diciples, etc. Mithras and krshna etc may have done all these and more. But did they go without food for 40 days, did they raise the dead, were they resurected, were they able to forgive after being crucified, and most importantly did they take upon their shoulders the sins of the world.

saint Paul warned the galatian church that other doctrines would arise, even many other so called christian doctrines. But he said that these were not other doctrines of christ, but of the devil.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well said, Stewards.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Steward I totally disagree, you present Christ as unique the point is he is not. Other systems of belief present love and peace as priorities. Why are you so intent upon putting them down? It is apparent that all the worlds� religions see love and peace as a goal what is your problem?

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Stewards said...
But did they go without food for 40 days, did they raise the dead, were they resurected, were they able to forgive after being crucified, and most importantly did they take upon their shoulders the sins of the world.

Did Jesus really do all that? You should becareful in putting down other religions using only your faith. The truth might shatter your soul.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Stewards, that was right on the money. His death of witnessed, and after his resurrection hundreds saw him before He left to sit at the right hand of His Father. The fact that He is the only begotten Son of God does make Him a bit unique, as the word only usually does indicate such a situation, huh?

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I concur!

In answer to earlier in the thread, Satan, was told about the coming Messiah in the Garden of Eden. When God said, "I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."

Yes... the serpent did bruise our heel (old age, disease, wars, famine, death:rep. of not being able to walk the way we used to) and the offspring of a woman (Jesus) shall bruise his head. This is why Satan was very eager to get rid of all the first born... he was looking for the Messiah. The Old Testament has alot of metaphors of the New Testament. Like when Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt, it's symbolic of us leaving our life of sin (the wilderness) and crossing the Red Sea is representative of water baptism. For The Word was written in stone in the Old, but shall be written in the New Testament in our hearts forever.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Are we still talking about this. I agree with the bible as far as it translated correctly, but the Bible was written well after most ancient civilizations, ie Sumarians, Hindi, China, etc. It was put together by a hodge-podge of "inspired" religious leaders of the Catholic Church(or the precursor), not the Lutherans, not the Zwinglers or Calvinists, or Anabaptists or any modern day religion.
That doesn't mean that the Catholics have the right idea, but what I am getting at is that to use the only the Bible to defend your faith, you have to take into account the history. You say the Bible is true, then you are saying that the Catholics have something right, and (I could be wrong) but isn't that what Protestantism is all about? Protesting the Catholic ways?
Christ once said this, "A bad tree cannot produce good fruit, only bad fruit. Only can a good tree produce good fruit." i think that's how He said it. In other words, if you look at the history, you will find that most not all, protestant beliefs stem from Catholic. Hence the lutherans, the Zwinglers, Calvinists, Anabaptists(though they came from the Zwinglers as well as the Calvinists). These are just some examples. Modern day protestants, come from these groups as well as other sects within sects and divisions etc. It's pretty lengthy.
Soo, either the Catholic church is right and the Protestants are a form of fruit thereof with a little bit of truth here and there, or the Catholic Church is wrong and all the Protestants are the bad fruit.
Take it like you want it, but when comes down to the truth the pure truth, no some truth mingled with scripture, it's either one or the other.
Now, I have to admit that leaves a door open for other conversations and topics, but that is not what is being discussed.
Other civilizations have legends and myths that are indeed "Christ" like in comparison, in many ways. But that of course can only be found by good students of history. Not ignorance.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So basically, no church today would resemble what the first century Christians believed. Is that what you are saying? That's basically the way I look at it. I don't understand how there can thousands of different Christian denominations that all claim to be the one true church. All others, to a certain extent, are wrong. Some of them are heretical. The followers are doomed, etc. You know what I mean? It just seems silly to me for religions, especially denominations of the same religion, to be fighting.

Now that I think about it, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all rooted in the same early belief system, right? And what about the little-known religion Zoroastrianism? That is a monotheistic (one God) religion.

Or maybe God is revealed differently to different cultures, and we are gullible and stupid enough to fight in wars or at least condemn other religions. Or maybe all religions are wrong? Lots of possibilities and questions, few answers.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So basically, no church today would resemble what the first century Christians believed. Is that what you are saying?

In some ways that is true, syncretism - the combining of different belief systems has affected many of the denominations of christianity today.

Christianity then must have been a very simple faith affair. There was no New Testament ... that was not collated in its present for for about 200 - 300 years. There might have been the odd manuscript from paul or the gospels around, but the first believers would have just had a simple faith .... and so it should be today.

You are wrong thinking that many denominations believe they are the only way 95% of the Christian doctrine is believed by everyone, some denominations emphasise different aspects however.

If a group says they are the only way then I would start to see them as a cult...

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Since the Bible declares that it is all reproof needed, then that is all needed. If this is the word of God, then it'd be silly to cross-reference it with another book.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join