It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic nations think something is rotten in the state of Denmark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Apparently in the spirit of freedom of expression, a Denmark newspaper published some cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad which have upset some Islamic nations

www.forbes.com
Denmark is feeling Islamic outrage over newspaper cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Angered by the drawings, masked Palestinian gunmen briefly took over a European Union office in Gaza on Monday. Islamists in Bahrain urged street demonstrations, while Syria called for the offenders to be punished. A Saudi company paid thousands of dollars for an ad thanking a business that snubbed Danish products.

The spasm of vilification in newspapers and mosque sermons, by governments, citizens and radicals appears to have spoken to pent up Muslim anger typically reserved for former colonial powers Britain and France, as well as the United States.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well there we have it, a concerted effort on the part of islamic nations to silence the freedom of expression in the West. Yet again the dominos fall, yet again another freedom of the west is curtailed by the strident demands of Islam. Will we next get protests over the selling of pork, or some other "western offence".

Note the silence of such nations when their own papers make anti western, anti Jewish, or anti christian propaganda.

Seems you are free to express yourself in the west except in the context of Islam.

Bullies silence their detractors by shouting louder and causing trouble until their demands are followed. The same occurs with bullying nations, may Denmark have the courage to stand on its principles instead of bowing to islamic pressure.

I cannot find copies of these pictures on the net, I wonder if everyone is too scared to post them?

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here's the pictures, but beware the site is a tad slow
www.di2.nu...

I think the newspaper (Jyllands-Posten) has appologised towards the muslim world , but that doesn't seem to appease everyone.. according to (DN, a swedish newspaper) a Hamas leader has demanded that Jyllands-Posten and the twelve artist should be punished..

Ironicly the reason the pictures was published was to
"test the boarders of the freedom of speech in Denmark"

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hey,

Maybe you can check out this Thread started by Hellmutt a while ago:

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

I think there are some pictures from that Cartoon and a Lively Debate going on on this Topic.

new topics

join