It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XX,XY,XO,XXY..... What's Your Sex???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I spend a lot of time in the ATS Universe, but I find myself totally devoid of any idea as to who is male, female, or other.

I don't think it matters that much, but sometimes when reading a post I wonder if that point of view is coming from a man or a woman, etc...???

It was Yossarian that got me thinking,

screen capture:

But asala had me wondering for a while, and Byrd surprised the hell out of me because I had read so many of her posts and always thought she was a man.
(granted, her avatar doesn't help much)

It'll be interesting to see if it's just me, or if others wonder the same thing......
Check your chromosomes and post your sex.

I'll start the ball rolling: MALE

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am most defently male.

If you want a big hint on what sex every one is, look at the members picture thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
If you want a big hint on what sex every one is, look at the members picture thread.

I've been through the picture threads, but so many of the photos are broken links and those threads go 100 pages or more.

So I'm just tossing this out there for curiosity's sake...................

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Im also male
im curious to see how this plays out im sure theres gonna be a few surprises.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Merkeva]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well its probably pretty obvious for some of you that I'm a male

BTW, what the heck do you come out with when your kid has the chromosomes X and O. Why I'm asking this, I read the title.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Striker122]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Haha. I got my manliness shot down today. I was talking to a friend and made a "your mom joke" and so he said "we're not brothers you sick kid". To which I replied "Hmm funny what a missing y can do." "Yeah, just look at how you turned out." :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

It'll be interesting to see if it's just me, or if others wonder the same thing......
Check your chromosomes and post your sex.

I'll start the ball rolling: MALE

My chromosomes say I LOVE FEMALES!!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm a male.. just like it says to your left.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122

BTW, what the heck do you come out with when your kid has the chromosomes X and O. Why I'm asking this, I read the title.

Here's the basics:

XO chromosome anomaly:
Turner's syndrome individuals have a 45, XO karyotype and occur in the population with a frequency of 1 in 2500 live female births.

In this condition, gonadal hypoplasia is associated with a variety of somatic abnormalities. Diagnosis is often made during childhood or at puberty when the short stature and inability to keep up in growth with classmates is apparent. www.gpnotebook.co.uk...

Not everyone matches the norm. when it comes to chromosomes, but we are all equal because we're all human. Even within our species there's diversity in sexuality and genetic makeup, and most will breed successfully.
But there are extreme diversions that do not breed normal children, if they procreate at all, because not everyone is XX or XY.........

Per the T&C I can't post pictures of the condition due to the restrictions on nudity, but you can Google it if you want. People with an XO chromosomal make-up have male characteristics but small male genitalia, and often look female.

It's not always black and white.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm male. The purple mini-profile tends to give the wrong impression. I'm not.... like that.... either. So don't ask

I tend to assume everyone is male unless it is blatently otherwise, so I'm the opposite of most people, apparently thinking everyone is women when they aren't.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
let me just say how grateful I am for this thread lol
anxiety, I thought U were female for some reason sowee lol I don't even know why

I am usually wrong, I come to find out someone's male when I think they're female and vice versa and feel ashamed lol

I am woman, hear me roar grrrr
lol

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am most definatly a girly girl.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i am a girl!

thats all i can say in this thread... me girl... girl...girl ....girl!!!

oni x x

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
from a married mom in Miami. fitness instructor, life coach and former model. Reyna.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Male... although I have been mistaken for a woman by people to whom my back was turned. I have long hair, you see.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm an alpha male just like Elvis and Dom Deluise.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by reyna4fitness
....life coach....

Is that like Tony Robbins? Do you stand on stage and yell at people and break boards with karate chops and stuff?

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
But I did think Yarcofin might be female, so I drew a false conclusion based on his background colour.

ImJaded has always presented herself with some very sexy avatars, and Oni x x has always been very obviously female.

It's funny how people draw conclusions about what a person is saying based on their sex, and having screen names and avatars has taken most of that away at ATS. And that's probably a good thing.

posted by ImJaded, let me just say how grateful I am for this thread lol
anxiety, I thought U were female for some reason sowee lol
I don't even know why

I know why.......
I've mentioned my husband it several threads, and we've been together for almost 17 years. He's Country Soul on the ATS boards, but doesn't post much.
But we're both definitely male.......

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm usually pretty good at knowing a person's age and sex on here. It can be hard sometimes when guys put their dream girl in their avatar. In the end it doesn't really matter I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join