It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Op/Ed: Our Media and Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Oklahoma boming. WTO protest in Seattle. David Koresh and the Davidians. World Trade Bombing 93'. World Trade Bombing 2001. Kazinsky the UniBomber.

What do all of these things have in common? What do these things have to do with Media/Government?

*con·di·tion·ing ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-dsh-nng)
n. Psychology
A process of behavior modification by which a subject comes to associate a desired behavior with a previously unrelated stimulus.

*Source dictionary.com

With the wake of the most disasterous event to take place on US soil, with 9/11, mass confusion and hatred are what consumes America. During the events i remember the feeling I had, one of confusion, disbelief, and anger.

I rememeber watching the TV and remebering the ominous language used by our POTUS "Either you're with us or you're against us." AT that present moment, it made sence with all the Kroll associates whom are "Terror Analysts", that came on CNN/ABC/NBC, etc telling us what "happened."
Seemingly without investigation we had our suspects. Seeing the faces of those suspects kinda made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, knowing our government can protect us.

After reflecting on 9/11 and rememebering some other catastrophies that have happened during my lifetime. Things began to change in my head. Pieces of the puzzle had fallen into place.

Was 9/11 planned from very early on and the other attacks used as a Psy-Ops on our own people? I mean look at the WTO protests.. I was there. There may have been less than 1% of the people there causing the problems with the protest. These people weree labeled as "Anarchists" from "Eugene, OR". I rememeber this vividly, as I grew up in Eugene. I thought wtf? A few years before this the police in Eugene had an "altercation with these "anarchists" and used rubber bullets/ tear gas to calm the protests even in Eugene. It's almost as if the government wanted or knew these "crazy" people were going to start some window breaking etc in Seattle. Lets look at OK bombing and David Koresh, and The Uni Bomber. All of these people/groups are "crazy" over the top kind of folk obviously. But Could it not be used as conditioning for 9/11? Could the earlier use of these menecing groups / people been used to quiet dissent here in our own country? I mean think about it, we connect these people as radicals and crazy, so if you are against the government or decide you want to go against the grain, all of a sudden without even proclaiming anything you are associated with these type of folk just by being a dissenter. I mean "Either you''re with us or you're against us" , that kind of language is very very strong, and reinforces my idea.

I remember the footage used for the Seattle riots, they made everyone out to look crazy. The police are all geared up, they have helmets, and shields, no expression can be seen on thier face. However the faces of the people, getting tear gassed and hgit by rubber bullets, are very scary looking, making them look crazy. So the lasting image everyone got was that the people protesting up there, man they're crazy and violent. UNTRUE, less than 1% were violent. But more than 1% got a beatdown, making it lookfar worse than what was actually going on. Look at images of the Uni Bomber, or McVeigh, what is the first thing you think when names like that arise? These people are "crazy". Conditioning us that dissenting here in the USA = punishment.

Now of course you can protest it's our right, it's our duty as Americans. But if you look at how the conditioning has been going on for years with domestic terrorism/international terrorism, you can start seeing the bigger picture. If you can keep 75% of the populace from doing anything, thats good enough.

Sorry if my ideas get jumbled in this mess. But if someone out there can be more elaborate and add to the conversation, that would be awesome.

new topics

join