It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best comic for a newbie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I love sci fi movies, horror themes but also great literature and I think I have the imagination for comics. Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Anything to do with any comics I would get in touch wiht Umbrax. In the new post area you will find his thread on avatars which are all comic related. If your in trouble you call the police, if you need comic info, you contact Umbrax.

I am sure he will reply to this in no time.

So once again, Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
lol chissler

reyna4fitness, if you like horror I have to recommend Walking Dead. There is a link on that thread where you can read the full first issue to see if you like it. There are a bunch of other comic previews on that page as well.

For Sci-fi I would have to pick Ultimate Iron Man it is written by sct-fi novelist Orson Scott Card. I belive there is a trade paper back out now that contains all the issues of this comic. I will be picking it up some time for myself. I picked up the first issue when it first came out and I thought it was very imaginative.

Great literature? Pick up anything written by Alan Moore. Keep an eye out for Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell, and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Good luck and I hope you find something you like

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Much appreciated! Will let you know how I find them...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Marvel Comics Runaways is a good one for Newbies...New And not hard to catch up on just gotta pick up the few Trade Paper backs that are out there.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
For the Sci-Fi in VERTIGO`s Y: The Last Man
Y: The Last Man is a comic book series written by Brian K. Vaughan and published by Vertigo, about the sole survivor of the spontaneous, simultaneous death of every male on Earth. The series has received considerable acclaim from a wide array of critics.

The series' art is handled primarily by series co-creator Pia Guerra. Much has been made of the fact that Guerra is a woman, but Vaughan insists that her gender is incidental. He says that Guerra's work simply fit best with what he had in mind for the series.

The series is planned to run for 60 issues.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I highly recommend Watchmen. Read that first and then give V for Vendetta a try. They're both great, but read Watchmen first.

new topics

top topics

join