It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yep, another UFO pic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ive heard about this one before. I think some people were killed by the falling shrapnel too from this. One suggestion for this was a fire ballon that was launched from a sub to test the US defences. Link here Check it

I dont know the true story... but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Considering it was a big deal at the time, and that it was published on the front page of LA Times, I would have to agree that this is a real case of a UFO.
I would comment on the "shield" this craft has, but it scares me too much.
I want something like this to happen again.
Res

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow, thats a really good picture.
Like other posters have commented, its amazing that stuff like this becomes so easily buried and discarded, when it was such a big deal at the time.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
aye the pic is from the battle of La when a ufo was in la airspace they fired aa shells and whatnot for 30minutes

then it left

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Its been done on ATS before, apparently this was taken during the war in 1943 if I'm correct, just after pearl harbour.

Uhm, 1943, "just after Pearl Harbor"???

You DO know that Pearl Harbor was in Dec of 1941 right? It was the whole reason the US was even IN WWII.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yes i did say i had got my dates wrong.
But i did read somewhere, please dont make me go find it again.lol
That residents thought it was of japenese origin more than anything else at the time.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This pic looks so fake! Some of the stories might have some truth, but im pretty sure this image has been created since the age of computers. there are a lot of things about it that dont gel in my head.

first off its presented in a dodgy way with this stupid frame, which means its already been through a graphics programme at least once. the original photograph is quite damaged and poor quality and objects in the distance are quite blurry... apart from the light beams particularly the second and third from the right, they are both WAY too sharp. a lot of the lights are too conical, ending in an almost perfect point, i dont think it would look like that at all. i think this is very very far off being evidence of a ufo.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I dont think that the fact that the light sources can't be seen should discredit the authenticity of this photo as they may be too small to see in this dated photo or they may be hidden from sight in variose ways such as plants, shrubbery, trees you get the idea.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420

Oo and by any chance,any of you herd the album by "Rage Against the Machine" called "Battle of Los Angeles"?

interesting.

rage against the machine is the best band ever IMO.

Their lyrics actually served a purpose (read my sig)

I also made a thread about them in BTS, under music

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman
the original photograph is quite damaged and poor quality and objects in the distance are quite blurry... apart from the light beams particularly the second and third from the right, they are both WAY too sharp. a lot of the lights are too conical, ending in an almost perfect point, i dont think it would look like that at all. i think this is very very far off being evidence of a ufo.

I am not much of a UFO person myself.
I would like to offer some clarification of the oddities in this photo. I would have to say that first there is only one object in this photo, the other lights that appear around the object are Tracer Rounds and explosions from the FLACK cannons. Second you can see that this was taken at a higher exposure since the soldier in the lower left corner is showing up as a motion blur. Third when you fire off FLACK guns you are going to get smoke which is going to greatly sharpen the search light beams in the image, on top of the shutter being left open for longer then normal.

[edit on 1/31/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
But i did read somewhere, please dont make me go find it again.lol
That residents thought it was of japenese origin more than anything else at the time.

I thought it was the germans that had the idea of making saucer shaped crafts at this time?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The folks shooting at it had never even heard of a UFO at this time, to them it was a Japanese plane over their city. Germany would certainly not bother with LA since they would be more interested in bombing someplace like NY or DC and it would have been much closer.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
People, please read Gazrok's thread.

This really happened, it's a historic fact.

Sure it could have been something...German...or Japanese, but this big whopping craft was never downed, not a capability they would have don't you think?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Looks pretty genuine to me. I dont think there was adequate technology back then to create such a good fake. Looks good to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
C2C had a audio clip supposedly of the radio broadcast the morning after the event from an LA? radio station. Sounded very much in line with what you would expect from a radio broadcast of that time period. Seems to be one of the better UFO events around.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LetKnowledgeDrop
Looks pretty genuine to me. I dont think there was adequate technology back then to create such a good fake. Looks good to me.

Not only was there not enough technology to hoax a photo like this but I also believe there was not enough technology to create a craft like this

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy123

Not only was there not enough technology to hoax a photo like this but I also believe there was not enough technology to create a craft like this

Without absolute evidence of this picture even being taken when it was supposed to, or even not being edited since, i wouldnt speak so soon. I mean when whas the first time anyone on here saw it? im sure it couldnt have been any time before the internet.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman

Originally posted by conspiracy123

Without absolute evidence of this picture even being taken when it was supposed to, or even not being edited since, i wouldnt speak so soon. I mean when whas the first time anyone on here saw it? im sure it couldnt have been any time before the internet.

The picture is not the only evidence. Eye witnesses said that they saw the craft taking no damage and appeared to have a shield. We cant even do that today let alone in the 1940s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join