It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vedas and ancient indian and yogis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
yur thoughts on their powers of levitation and other stuff I guess

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hello Kanyachan.Welcome to our board.
I am known here as the scarecrow.

Now I have not done studies into this really but as far as I can tell.Within cultures certain studies pertaining to what they believe are practiced and
furthered by teaching these to generations to come.

One such practice in some countries is this levitation.I do not know the sxact physics behind this.Perhaps its where the astral body is able to hold onto the physical body while projecting.Where as this can be hard therefore not alowing for this to happen for very long.Mabey in time these cultures will be able to use the mind to fly completely.I dunno

Just a few thoughts.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As I understood you're referring to Yogi's who attained Siddhi powers. Perhaps it would be interesting for you to research Siddhi and Yogananda as well as Babaji.

The biography of Yogananda talks about various phenemona. It says he was able to levitate over a canyon for excample. There are also Indian Fakirs who can do similiar feats. The most common is defying science by not eating nor drinking for 50 years or living without any form of sleep for 50 years. Babaji was told to be able to materialize a building which he could maintain solid by using his willpower.

You can find more about these things when studying Tantrism, Hinduism, Yoga and also trying to reach Kundalini.

Link to Yogananda

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I would consider levitation possible, but very impropable (as well as extremely difficult.)

It's like telekinesis, but instead of just lifting a small object, you are lifting yourself. Which is typically well over 100 pounds.

Think about how hard it would be just to physically lift a person into the air using your hands. Now imagine trying to do it with your MIND. You can see why this would be difficult.

I believe that levitation is possible, but it requires a ridiculous amount of training and energy. And I don't think people would be able to just fly around at will. You may be able to lift yourself up for less than a minute, and then you would run out of energy and drop, and be completely exhausted. I would say there are probably less than fifty people in the world who can actually levitate at will.

There is something called Mahareshi yoga which is devoted entirely to "Flying Yoga". Most people are only able to perform gravity-defying hops though. Like sitting cross-legged and then bouncing across the room in hops. It is worth noting that the founder of this type of yoga is a known scam artist, though. And it has also been posed "Why should he need several helicopters to fly around India when he can levitate?"

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i myself had doubts until i saw a shaman in Africa performng levitation in front of a whole team of scientists and three cameras. There was a show on Croatian tv about this recently where they showed the tape. They also said that western scientist left a yogi in a closed room for two weeks and he came out a kilo heavier than he went in

oh yeah its true, works well in the quantum physics universe

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You mean the Indian Fakir Prahlad Jani (google for his name) who went into a hospital for 10 straight days. Under controlled environments he didn't eat nor sleep for 10 days while the scientists say that you should eat at least once during 5-6 days else you'll die. That the medical staff of the hospital was baffled????

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
kool,anymore info on the african shaman levitating?

top topics

join