It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas tells Israel to remove the stripes from their flag. Represents occupation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Shortly after making his comments about the Hamas, Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahar said from Gaza that Israel must change its flag. "Israel must remove the two blue stripes from its national flag", said Zahar. “The stripes on the flag are symbols of occupation. They signify Israel's borders stretching from the River Euphrates to the River Nile."

Israel’s national flag, a blue Star of David set between two blue stripes, was designed to resemble a Jewish prayer shawl which traditionally has stripes.

Ok, thats a great response to the Israeli Defense Minister who says Hamas was acting responsible. Im certain those 2 blue stripes don't represent the occupation, but then the Hamas don't know a thing about Jews anyways since they don't care and they want to push them out to sea.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Ok, thats a great response to the Israeli Defense Minister who says Hamas was acting responsible. Im certain those 2 blue stripes don't represent the occupation, but then the Hamas don't know a thing about Jews anyways since they don't care and they want to push them out to sea.

First of all, no one's responded to this thread thus far. So, I detect lots of interest. So, I thought I'd do my ATS part to jumpstart this.

Hamas "don't know a thing about jews." I'm just curious, what do you know about jews that Hamas does not?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The Iraqis sure will be glad to understand the meaning of their new flag imposed by the occupational puppets.

Instead of simply removing the writting on the existing flag we gave them a new flag sybolizing their occupation.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by ArchAngel]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The two stripes represent occupation and Israel wont take it out because it will be there loss.

The two strips represent the two rivers, Nile in Egypt to Furat in Iraq.

In this Israel did not complete it land it near but still.

It land is between this two river as you can see most of this part is in a chaos and coruption Israel will take control of it easy

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hamas is just hoping to remove as much blue as possible from the Israeli flag. They think that this will somehow magically cause Israel to surrender, if their flag looks more white.

The whole thing is typical of arab urban myths. The fact that every Jew has a prayer shawl with the same two blue stripes is irrelevant. Because most arabs are uninterested in their neighbors as human beings. Such propagandists must work constantly to justify their irrational hatred of other human beings, and their own desire to drive the Jews into the sea.

It's the same attitude as the Egyptians wanting to tear down the pyramids, because anything that happened before Mahammad can have no consequence. A triumphalist view that leaves no room in the world for other points of view.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

The Iraqis sure will be glad to understand the meaning of their new flag imposed by the occupational puppets.

Instead of simply removing the writting on the existing flag we gave them a new flag sybolizing their occupation.

No that is not what the flag represents. As you will read here.

Meaning of the new Iraqi Flag

The white means peace and Iraq's new start, the 2 blue stripes represent the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the yellow stands for the Kurdish population, and the pale blue crescent obviously represents Islam. Yeah you made a good call there.

And it was adopted by the Iraqi council, not the US and Coalition. Though there were some who wanted to wait until they had a parliament to vote on it, they went on anyhow. This design was chosen out of 30 other proposals.

[edit on 2/2/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Wow, puts it in perspective doesnt it.

Even if Iraq did work, will there for ever be that '' occupied territory '' staus placed on it, in the international community, mirroring the conflict of palestineVIsrael

''Palestiniraq''

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Hamas is just hoping to remove as much blue as possible from the Israeli flag. They think that this will somehow magically cause Israel to surrender, if their flag looks more white.

The whole thing is typical of arab urban myths. The fact that every Jew has a prayer shawl with the same two blue stripes is irrelevant. Because most arabs are uninterested in their neighbors as human beings. Such propagandists must work constantly to justify their irrational hatred of other human beings, and their own desire to drive the Jews into the sea.

It's the same attitude as the Egyptians wanting to tear down the pyramids, because anything that happened before Mahammad can have no consequence. A triumphalist view that leaves no room in the world for other points of view.

Why are you refering Arabs and Eqyptains? You your self dont belive Arabs are human beings.

As for the pyramid it was there long time ago. Just some lotters cause it some damages.

You could read what I possted upward and judge before hand

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by eazy_mas

Why are you refering Arabs and Eqyptains? You your self dont belive Arabs are human beings.

As for the pyramid it was there long time ago. Just some lotters cause it some damages.

You could read what I possted upward and judge before hand

Yes I certainly did.

And don't you tell me what I believe. Just because I disagree with your paranoid theory that even the stripes on Israel's are imperialist, doesn't mean I look down on Arabs in the least. One doesn't follow from the other.

Could you design a flag for Israel that would be more fitting?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This place is for for people to put there opinion. I not here to wage war and make enemies.

I give you my opinion and say why a gave it to you. If you with it then it okay if your against it you will tell your reason.

There is no room for disrespecting each other we are gentlmen!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It looks inocent enough to me...

History of Design: The flag of The State of Israel includes two blue stripes on white background with a Shield (Star) of David (in Hebrew: Magen David) in the center. This design was first displayed in Rishon-LeZion in 1885 and was also used at the First Zionist Congress in 1897 (Encyclopaedia Judaica, 1971). It was inspired by the tallit (the prayer shawl with blue stripes worn by Jews during prayer) as a symbol. The Star of David is a common symbol of the People of Israel from Biblical times. The flag was adopted officially on October 28, 1948 (25 Tishre, 5709) by the Speaker of the Provisional Council of State.

LINK

And a Tallit :

The blue stripes on the Zionist flag were inspired by the stripes on the tallit (prayer shawl). The tallit has two separate symbolic aspects: the light blue hue and the stripes. Some say that the stripes are meant to recall the one dyed strand of the ritual fringes (tzitzit). This leads to the significance of the hue itself. According to the Torah, one strand in the tzitzit should be light blue. To judge from references in the Talmud, it was a shade between green and blue. Many symbolic meanings were attributed to it. Rabbi Meir said that it recalls the color of the sky; Rabbi Judah ben Illai maintained that the color of Aaron's staff was light blue, as were the Tablets of the Law, and this is why God commanded the Jews to include it on their prayer shawls: "As long as the people of Israel are looking at this tehelet, they are reminded of [the words] written on the tablets and observe them." In other words, the sight of the color tehelet leads to observance of the commandments. White and tehelet, along with gold and purple, were the colors of the High Priest's raiment (Exodus 28: 4,43) and of the curtains of the Tabernacle (Exodus 26). They were considered to be the colors of purity symbolizing the spirituality of the Jewish people.

LINK

I think this is like mexico asking america to remove a couple stars cause those states used to belong to mexico. Of course the US will never do that, but the Mexicans make their point.

-DT

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think the Israeli flag has nothing to do with occupation, it's obviously just Jewish symbolism. It's just more excuses to not recognize any peaceful relationship with Israel.

As far as the Iraqi flag, I've never even seen that. It must not have been officially adopted (at least yet) as they're still using the old flag (with the Arabic writing on it) in all official functions I've seen.

new topics

top topics

join