It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange occourance with my 4 year old.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have a little story that I would like any advice and ideas about.

I sould explain alittle about the area where I live first. I live in south western ontario in the midst of all of the old airbases from WW2. These days the old 'air raid' sirens are used often for the fire dept to warn ppl to get out of the way of the firestation.

My two sons and I were out back behind the industrial buildings heading towards the woods when the siren went off (tuesday 7:00 practice even).

My oldest son looked at me and started bawling, and said to me in a most serious voice. "Daddy, we have to go home. The airplanes are coming to get us!" and he wouldnt stop balling untill we got inside our house.

Like most 4 year old kids, he knows what army men are, and has seen some sorts of warlike stuff... But NEVER have I ever heard an air raid siren on anything he watches.

Just makes me wonder about the nature of everything. Any comments welcome.

Edited to add -> Also another incident that I remember. We were visiting my moms house (which is an old airforce base house (RCAF Station Centralia)) we were all sitting in the living room watching tv. My 4 year old was playing by the hallway where the main enterence to the house is. and he turned to my sister and asked her who that man was in the hallway. Nobody else saw anything. Active imagination? or something else?

Is my kid experiencing something that I cannot understand?? Plz help... He's totally scared of his bedroom and being alone. Any advice would be helpful!

thanks

[edit on 30-1-2006 by jta79]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I live in Southwestern Ontario as well. Where are all these old airbases? I've never heard of Centralia before. I'm assuming it's up by Exeter?

I think these two separate events actually have two different explainations that are "out of the ordinary".

A normal explaination is that everything around you seems to be about aircrafts and the war, so maybe he just picked it up. Kids are pretty perceptive to small details like that.

As for the paranormal explainations,

In the first case, it could have been caused because he is a reincarnation of someone who lived during WWII and experienced those things. I have heard about a 6 year old who swears that he was a pilot and was shot down in Viet Nam. He knows his name, could point out a picture of himself without any help, and could even point out where he was shot down, and lots of other details. In another case, a boy in India was actually able to find the store that his wife (in a past life) owned, and was able to have a conversation with her and prove that he was her dead husband. Children can also mysteriously have skills like the ability to play musical instruments, etc based on the same premise of reincarnation.

In the second case, I would say that your mother's house is haunted, plain and simple. You should be able to fairly easily get a record of the building's history, can't you? Find out if anyone died there, etc.

If you want to explore the premise that there may be an old air force pilot haunting your mom's house, there is a lot of different things you can do to investigate it. But primarily, ask her if she has ever experienced anything weird there.

Have you asked him why he is afraid to sleep in his room alone?

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Old airbases Grand Bend, ont. (very small but still rcaf originated) Vanastra, London, Centralia is now actually called Huron Park (airport code CYCE), Trenton, (not so close, but still), Chatham. Aylmer, Brantford, Goderich, and on and on. I i did a little research and actually found out that Station centralia was also used as a german POW work camp. The germans worked the sugarbeat fields all around here.

(Cant find the link at the sec... will post it though)

And as far as my moms house being haunted, thats what my sister says. But I've lived in that house since I was 3, and Ive never had nothing happen that I couldnt explain. Strange feelings, but everyone gets strange feelings once in a while.

And he dosnt want to sleep in his room alone.. actually he's not even alone, his brother sleeps in the same room, but hes just totally convinced that its "not a good room" I'm honnestly going to have to switch rooms over it.

Sometimes I wonder about this kid... He scares me sometimes...lol

Also, what could I do to investigate if there may be something other than my mom and sister at my moms house? The more subtle the better (my mom would think i'm off my rocker)

I've tried looking into gettin records about the houses, but my mom's one of the longest (not THE, but 24 years is pretty signifigant) tenants of huron park, and it was parted out from the gov't a few (like 10 or so years) and now is just being sold again. where would be the best place to look? the gov't or the new owners?

Thanks again. Hope I answered legibly. lol (typing and running after a 2 year old is challenging sometimes.)

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

In the first case, it could have been caused because he is a reincarnation of someone who lived during WWII and experienced those things. I have heard about a 6 year old who swears that he was a pilot and was shot down in Viet Nam. He knows his name, could point out a picture of himself without any help, and could even point out where he was shot down, and lots of other details. In another case, a boy in India was actually able to find the store that his wife (in a past life) owned, and was able to have a conversation with her and prove that he was her dead husband. Children can also mysteriously have skills like the ability to play musical instruments, etc based on the same premise of reincarnation.

In the second case, I would say that your mother's house is haunted, plain and simple. You should be able to fairly easily get a record of the building's history, can't you? Find out if anyone died there, etc.

Oh wow. Thats crazy. Do you have any links for stuff like that? Might be worth looking in to

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here is that Pow news article link.

collections.civilisations.ca...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I live about an hour from both London and Grand Bend. Maybe sometime I will have to go and check those bases out.

Ahh... for trying to see if it's haunted at all, hmm. The least obtrusive way is just to look through old pictures taken in the house. Look really close at all the old pictures that were taken inside your house, and see if there is anything weird in your pictures that you overlooked (orbs, strange shadows, faces in windows, etc).

Maybe set up a tape recorder in a quiet part of the house and try to capture some EVPs, although that might take a while.

Those are probably your best bets, without whipping out a ghostbuster pack

I'll try to find you some reincarnation cases tonight. I have to go for now though. Try searching ATS for reincarnation, and also check the tag "reincarnation". I believe one post was called something along the lines of "Boy says he is reincarnated WWII pilot"

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I live about an hour from both London and Grand Bend. Maybe sometime I will have to go and check those bases out.

If you want to see two of the best examples the that have been decomissioned and put into public use, but still are recognisable airbases are Huron Park, and Vanastra, vanastra has no runway any more though but it does have old hangers. But even in london the wartime houses are recognisable to me. Looks like a little piece of huron park in the city. (ill try to find out where abouts in london this is, havnt been for a while)
Also, there's a building just outside of grand bend, its called P.O.G. inc Right beside the drag races. They used to build hovercrafts there for ww2. Must have had a runway at one time too, because theres still a controll tower attached to the bilding.

Ahh... for trying to see if it's haunted at all, hmm. The least obtrusive way is just to look through old pictures taken in the house. Look really close at all the old pictures that were taken inside your house, and see if there is anything weird in your pictures that you overlooked (orbs, strange shadows, faces in windows, etc).

I definatly will next time I'm over there!!

Maybe set up a tape recorder in a quiet part of the house and try to capture some EVPs, although that might take a while.

Will just a regular tape recorder work? or does it have to beabled to pick up certain frequencies? And when you play it back do you have to speed it up or anything? or just louder? I've seen a couple shows on that kinda stuff, but try not to watch too much, because even when the kids are in bed. My place is small enough that u can hear everything and I dont want to get him going anymore than he already is.

Those are probably your best bets, without whipping out a ghostbuster pack .

I dont wanna shoot em' If they are old pilots, I'm sure they got shot at enough in their life, with out needing me to do it in their death....lol.

Try searching ATS for reincarnation, and also check the tag "reincarnation".

Thanks, and thanks for your insight!! helps alot.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Now in many cases telling the child repeatedly that its all not real will make it all go away.j.k don't do that.

The hardest thing these days is to know what to do in regards to kids developement.The best thing you could do is believe him and check under the bed.You are the dad right?Try to play the knight in shining armour.Look into the events that he says like go down the hall check.Then comfort him ask what the thing looked like.In many cases when things go really wrong and all of a sudden when it comes to these things it's because no one pays attention
to what is going on.Remember that children arwe a continuation of our own developement and insight.They also do not believe in what we do therefore can percieve more around them.

I will say more later.
Scarecrow

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Now in many cases telling the child repeatedly that its all not real will make it all go away.j.k don't do that.

The hardest thing these days is to know what to do in regards to kids developement.The best thing you could do is believe him and check under the bed.You are the dad right?Try to play the knight in shining armour.Look into the events that he says like go down the hall check.Then comfort him ask what the thing looked like.In many cases when things go really wrong and all of a sudden when it comes to these things it's because no one pays attention
to what is going on.Remember that children arwe a continuation of our own developement and insight.They also do not believe in what we do therefore can percieve more around them.

I will say more later.
Scarecrow

Ya, thats what I've been doing. (single dad actually, on my own)
He says somethings under his bed (which is a normal kid thing anyways i think) so I get down on my hands and knees and yell at the top of my lungs under his bed :" Look, If there's anything under here get out of here now! This is (oldest sons name) and (youngest sons name)'s Room Get outa here!!!!!" He laughs cuz he thinks Im nuts, but still continues to be scared.
I He also got a HUGE stuffed dog for christmas that he sleeps with. I've been trying to tell him if he's dreaming and theres something there he dosnt like, to call his doggy and the doggy will come into his dream and chase it away. I know its not exactly true, but if I can put a suggestive memory in his mind so that he can 'protect' himself in his dreams, is this okay? Its the only thing I could think of at the time to say.

Thanks for all of your help!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Interesting. Poor little guy. Has he said why he is scared of his bedroom? They say little ones can see more than us. One of my boys used to see a big Indian in his room every night. He described a Cherokee warior to the t with the colors and the outfit and all. Even the feather was up which was supposed to mean he was at war. After a while, we told him to talk to him. After that, he saw him only one more time and his feather was down. No more Indian.

Also, another tactic that works well with monsters under the bed is get a squirt bottle, and tell him that it is monster repellent and spray under his bed, in his closet, etc.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Interesting. Poor little guy. Has he said why he is scared of his bedroom? They say little ones can see more than us. One of my boys used to see a big Indian in his room every night. He described a Cherokee warior to the t with the colors and the outfit and all. Even the feather was up which was supposed to mean he was at war. After a while, we told him to talk to him. After that, he saw him only one more time and his feather was down. No more Indian.

Oh my god... Thats wild! I dont even know what to say.... I'm hearing more and more storys like this. It is some conforting to know my oldest son isnt alone on this, I just wish I could help.

I was thinking about asking him about what he sees but Im almost afraid that he's gonna blow me off my rocker... Maybe I'll try talking to him after school.

Also, another tactic that works well with monsters under the bed is get a squirt bottle, and tell him that it is monster repellent and spray under his bed, in his closet, etc.

Hey thats a neat Idea, I'm going to fill one up tonight and tell him I got some monster repellant today..... Great Idea thanks!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The things that I used to and still encounter.Damn I wish I could take it all away and be normal.

Ghosts and spectres demons and shifters.Alot of course really happens while planeswalking.But in regards to dreams I basically only have nightmares.But I call them dreams because that is my life.

jta79.I would say that the dog thing is good.Tell him also that there are good things out there to that will help him aswell.Don't try to call it god or anything try to see what your son comes up with on his own,then go with that.Now you seem to know what you are doing and try to not tell him hes wrong or try to direct his way of thinking.So in regards to not wanting to realy alter his own mind and way of thinking keep doing what you are doing.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jta79

Is my kid experiencing something that I cannot understand?? Plz help... He's totally scared of his bedroom and being alone. Any advice would be helpful!

keep a close eye on him. its normal for 4 yr olds to be afraid of the dark. maybe he can sleep over until he feels more comfortable.

mod edit: quote clarity

[edit on 1-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rottonralph101 keep a close eye on him. its normal for 4 yr olds to be afraid of the dark. maybe he can sleep over until he feels more comfortable.

What do you mean? He crawls into bed with me most nights. But I'm really on the fence with trying to keep him being kind of independant. I was thinking of making a change of rooms for him and his brother to see if that makes a difference.

I surly hope the hell that is what you mean anyways.

Jt

[edit on 1-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Sounds normal to me. It's very well possible that your kid is.....well, seeing something that's a little stange. Maybe he's seeing ghosts, orbs, shadow creatures (or maybe the kid is afraid of actual shadows, lol). This sounds similar to what my uncle one told me about his kid when he was about 3-4. He was in bed, the parents in one bed, the kid in another right next to theirs. That's when my uncle hears his wooden steps creeking. OK, so steps like that creek, nothing strange about about, but what is strange is that each one was making a soft creek, one by one, as if someone was quietly going up. My uncle is just listening to this when he suddenly hears (and sees) his son's bedroom door slightly crack open. That's when the kid starts screaming and going totaly nuts. Of course, my uncle instantly sprang up, ran to the bedroom, started cursing and yelling at the ghost to not mess with his kid and that it could live at his house so long as it doesn't interfere. You may find it strange that someone would actually reem out a ghost, but my uncle is confident about this stuff. In addition to that, his T.V. turned on by itself 3 times in one day when no one was anywhere near it (it stopped turning on when my uncle gave the ghost another talking to), he also had the feeling of being watched several times. (perhaps this is the 'strange' feeling you sometimes get?). All this stuff began happening not long after my uncle moved in, I must also mention thta both of the last two residents (they were a married couple) had lived and died in that house and that supposedly they were both very nice (perhaps they're trying to be kind now to since they've helped out also). By that I mean that something had physically grabbed my uncle's leg to awake him when his kids were unattended (this happend twice). Yes, that house is indeed haunted, even my grandma who doesn't like talking about ghosts admits that she too had odd feeling while there.

Well, I hope you can relate to that. Knowing the history of your house is important. Just remember, all that I said was true, I nor my uncle have no reason to make up something like this, you have my word. I only mentioned about half of the things that happen at my uncle's house. The thing is, kids usually see/notice things that adults do not. I know that when I was younger I had night terrors where I started imagining things and couldn't sleep. If you ask me, I'd say that you should just talk it out with your kid and try to comfort him and try to keep the truth about ghosts away from him. I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, thinking about ghosts seriously scared me and I like to think that this may be true for other kids too. Relax, your kid is just having the **** scared out of him by something, I'm sure it's normal.

[edit on 101/30/0606 by Acekwak]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Just a new little note. I talked to him a little bit after school about what scares him, and i'll say it in his exact words "a green black eye, and it comes and says AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" (

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
The things that I used to and still encounter.Damn I wish I could take it all away and be normal.

Ghosts and spectres demons and shifters.Alot of course really happens while planeswalking.But in regards to dreams I basically only have nightmares.But I call them dreams because that is my life.

jta79.I would say that the dog thing is good.Tell him also that there are good things out there to that will help him aswell.Don't try to call it god or anything try to see what your son comes up with on his own,then go with that.Now you seem to know what you are doing and try to not tell him hes wrong or try to direct his way of thinking.So in regards to not wanting to realy alter his own mind and way of thinking keep doing what you are doing.

Ya, I dont want to stop him from being more intune with this world than I am. I think its a gift if he can precieve something that I cannot. And to mension my family is athiest, I have never preached god, or heavin, or anthing like that (not saying they dont exist, I just feel he has his own right to choose what he believes, as with everybody on this earth/in this universe) I just tell my kids that good people have good things happen.

All this advice is muchly apreciated!

Thank you!

EDIT: How can I Identify Ghosts (orb?), shifters, spectres (and what are they), and demons. Also is there a good version of demons? if so, how could I tell the difference?

Thinking even if I cannot precieve these things, maybe I could at least let my son know how to tell the difference between a good 'insert paranormal entity here' and bad ones? Or can you tell? Maybe Education on the subject could be the best cure? what do you think?

Thanks again

[edit on 31-1-2006 by jta79]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ok, Ive had it... I'm freaked now... I havnt seen anything. But I just had a feeling to go check the kids, I opened the door and an almost gust of cold air hit me..... And thats the one thing I've heard everywhere, that spirits or whatever make the temperature drop somehow. Im gonna have to sleep in there with them..... I dont know whats in there, but I'm convinced now it IS something and not just an overactive imagination. It was cold enough I had an entire body chill... mg...

Just to let u know too.. I keep my place very warm usually (I have the benifit of having all inclusive rent, no gas, or hydro bills)

Edit -> 5 mins have passed since checking the boys, and the temperature of the room is NOW THE SAME AS THE REST OF THE HOUSE.

This is messed up.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yea that sounds like the spirits of people from WWI that lived at that Airbace. Kind of spooky

But this reminds me of a story my friend told me about her Dad who was killed in the Hospital. She said that on the night he died her mom came in to her and her brother(who was about 4 at the time, and shes 2 years younger than him) to tell them the bad news. But when her Mother started talking and saying that Daddy would'nt be there anymore, her brother said that the Father had told him not to worry, and that everything would be alright. That freaked their Mother out, as it would freak anyone out if their 4 year old son said that they saw their passed Father in a dream.

Crazy stuff.

EDIT:I just saw I've been on this site for 2 years now

[edit on 31-1-2006 by masterofpuppets]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterofpuppets
Yea that sounds like the spirits of people from WWI that lived at that Airbace. Kind of spooky

I should specify, I dont myself live at the airbase anymore (from when I was 3 till about 6 years ago : aprox. 24 years and my children live with me too), that was just one of the occourances. And the town I live in (as well as the airbase) use the air raid siren for the fire dept.

But this reminds me of a story my friend told me about her Dad who was killed in the Hospital. She said that on the night he died her mom came in to her and her brother(who was about 4 at the time, and shes 2 years younger than him) to tell them the bad news. But when her Mother started talking and saying that Daddy would'nt be there anymore, her brother said that the Father had told him not to worry, and that everything would be alright. That freaked their Mother out, as it would freak anyone out if their 4 year old son said that they saw their passed Father in a dream.

Crazy stuff.

No doubt. I'm starting to get that way (freaked out) myself.

Addition: its 2:30 am, oldest boy came out minutes ago and said that he cant sleep in his bed no more. I put him in my bed. Poor guy I wish I could understand what he is going through. If a little temperature change is enough to make me have the whillies, goodness only knows how he's feeling.

Thanks for your feedback!

My post is almost turning into a blog with feedback...lol

EDIT: I found some pictures that have a 'possible orb' How can I put them up? Do I need a site to host it first?

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join