It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Scratches

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I am not that into paranormal views but the latest strange things happening made me do some research, so I ended up here. I am not sure I am in the right section.

I woke up 2 days ago like a normal day, but one of the girls I was hugging noticed something on my neck. 4 scratches that look alike (in the same area but not parallel), and more on my chest . I was looking at the mirror and found 1 on my shoulder and another on my bicep. Now I don't have a cat nor bugs in the house that make scratches as such (its no animal scratches). They are not claws, I would post a photo but I don't have a camera! In other words they are like anything but straight or parallel. They look like permanent marks.

I am not saying its a 'ghost' or such, but a mystery non the less.

Edit: hehe its not a rat! I live in an apartment with several people that is pest free, and if it was a rat it does not look anywhere near an animal scratch.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Encablossa]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think it's rats. Call an exterminator.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You may scratch yourself in your sleep, or without realizing it just as you wake up. Not purposefully trying to make marks, but just because you are itchy and the natural reaction is to scratch.

I would try to stay away from the ghost explaination unless anything else happens. It takes quite a strong haunting to manifest itself in your dreams, and physically harming you in your sleep.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've had similiar experiences, posted elsewhere on another thread, but I'll describe to you the things I have woken up with...

I've had the scratches across my chest and back, usually running horizontal across my trunk. Sometimes there will be deep scratches across my legs as well; I can see why some would think that scratches are done by the self while sleeping... after all, that's what my first reaction was (with the exception of the ones on the back, I thought I had slept on something).

I've also had bruising. Very particularly shaped bruises...

I have had a foot shaped bruise on my inner left thigh. Maybe it was the result of a blood clot or a charlie horse, and I may have smacked it loose in my sleep, who knows? But the one bruise I am most proud of, and one that I cannot think of any possible means of doing to myself is this:

I had a hand shaped bruise on the back of my right upper arm; thumb and finger shaped marks were clearly visible. The only problem? It appeared as if it was right handed: the thumb was towards my chest, the fingers wrapped around the other side of my arm.

As a side note, I have also woken up covered in thin layers of dust... don't know what that's supposed to mean...

For me, I usually chalked it up to astral combat experiences, as I have been known to do such things, but for you, I cannot say.

Perhaps your girlfriend had gotten the better of you?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Back when I was 16 I had a psychic tell me that in one of my past lives I was a gladiator and I died in battle of a head wound on my forehead.

As I got older, I developed a crease on my forehead above my left eye. It's at an angle just like a scar would be if I was struck with a sword by a right-handed person!

I just think it's weird that it seems to back up what she said way back then.

Just a thought,,,,,

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You might have scabies.

If you start itching and getting a rash in a couple of days go visit ya doctor....

I'm not kidding, I had it and it started with scratches I couldn't explain just like you've described. You scratch in your sleep.

Could also be bed bugs, same thing...some ppl are not illergic and don't notice the bites but will scratch themselves in their sleep.
BB's are coming back big time, many cities are now infested with these little bastards.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hi, I wanted to post my experience with scratches. Mine did not occur while sleeping. I would notice a burning sensation and would look at the spot and notice fine, scratches (some crisscrossing each other) in multitudes of maybe 6-10. They were maybe 2 inches long. Each incident the scratches look the same only they appear in different parts of the body (legs, arms, etc). This has only been happening for a few months. I too have never (up until the past few months) had any paranormal experiences (in the house I have seen "shadow people" and saw things move). I still can't explain the scratches. It's not scabies
I do know that. And I think I would notice a rat on my leg in the middle of the day lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
You might have scabies.

If you start itching and getting a rash in a couple of days go visit ya doctor....

I'm not kidding, I had it and it started with scratches I couldn't explain just like you've described. You scratch in your sleep.

Could also be bed bugs, same thing...some ppl are not illergic and don't notice the bites but will scratch themselves in their sleep.
BB's are coming back big time, many cities are now infested with these little bastards.

Perhaps I should have not said they were scratches, they are lines of clotted blood and so far they are still there. Probably nothing, I just wanted to hear answers not cures. But Thanks anyway

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Did I offer a cure? Don't think so. How can anyone on a discusion board give you an answer? We can only make suggestion, which is what I did, no?
Take it or leave it....

It must be the boogie man

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well as far as I know being cut or scratched by different things can leave different marks.In my personal experience and I mean lately I have been wounded in my dreaming/planeswalking state.

It is said in some circles that while we are awake our conciouse is in the form of our physical body.During sleep our concious is able to take form of yourself in other realms.This though is where I have some troubles.

See if our bodies are here and we take form in an other realm.And we take damage that shows up in this realm.Where is the transfer in this?

Now apparently our cells blink in and out of exsistence at such a fast rate that its like they arnt even real or here.We could be physicaly tied to our selves within other realms while at the same time be different versions experiencing everything at once,yet connected together throught the etheral realm.

Mayhaps there is too much for me to discuss here to try to explain why this might have happened during sleep but. any way I will check back soon.

Scarecrow

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I woke up with a small hand mark on my body. Looked like a burn. About half the size of my hand. It disappeared after about half an hour but i took photos. Has anyone else experienced this? I can show you photos if you like.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by andrewj_f]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Okay, I know most of you aren't going to believe me but alittle while after I made my first post on ATS the other day (about indigos) my stomach started burning. I lifted up my shirt and had scratches on my stomach. I don't have long nails and I tried scratching myself to see if i could make such deep scratches and couldn't do it.

I'm not saying that it was something paranormal but i just found it strange. And then when i saw this thread i really felt the need to tell what happend.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I woke up early this morning about 4 am because my leg was burning really badly. I didn't bother to look to see what it was, I just went back to sleep, but when I got up this morning my leg was still burning. Their are scratches all over my right leg below my knee that look like a wire brush was run up and down my leg. I have had these kinds of scratches before in various places on my body, they haven't always been this painful though. I don't think it is anything paranormal, but maybe something medical although I can't find any answers. It's just really disturbing because I know I didn't do it to myself these are scratches that a person couldn't make they are very thin scratches that as I said look like a wire brush like a dog grooming brush would make. My cat is declawed so I know she didn't do it, and no bugs could do it, my sheets were clean I just removed them from the dryer right before I went to bed and everything was fine until about 4 am so it is just so weird to me that they would just appear out of nowhere like they do.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In college I had a friend I ended up naming Oscar. I found 4 scratches on my chest - parallel to each other about 3-4 inches long. no naimals, no fingernails ( old nail biter), no late night dates. but that was only one incident. I also heard foot steps - and then a 'jar of penny's ' being turned over. Finally got up- no one there, except a peeny jar on the desk. Smell roses ( strong) but no one else in the room smelled it. some other minor odd stuff- basically Oscar became a joke and he went away.
I do want to add this all started after the puppy I got from Animal control died- A prof told me that sometimes opens 'doors' to the other side.
For what it's worth, I'm no longer concerned about the idea that I could run into a ghost one day. ( I never saw Oscar- just the butt of his pranks)

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
hmmm

quite odd.

I recall having an experience like some have mentioned

like with the hand print.

I was taking a shower and I noticed I had a full on hand print [not parts, but a whole mark] on my right ribs

a right hand did it because i could match up my hand with it

it was freakkyyy.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
hi guys, this is strange. I have been trying to find out for some time about these scratches. The stories are similiar. I am seaching for an answer. I get these scratches during the day too. Its like there is something out there that is trying to communicate with you. I'm freaked out. I noticed one thing though. Most of the time, I only see three scratch marks. whatever this this is - it has three fingers...

Please help

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Lights

Yes I have the same situation the 3 scratches on my back and sometimes in places on my back that I could not reach. But as you say 3 scratches, we always made a joke of it but it is really strange.. in fact just had 3 appear so thought I would see if anyone else had experienced the same. Nothing bad happens just weird and sort of funny.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewj_f

Would you be able to show me a picture? My friend has had some odd things happening to him, and this happened to him just this morning, almost exactly the same as you described.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
How convenient of you not to have a camera......here's some advice, borrow one and take photos otherwise the mods will pull you up on posting a thread with no evidence....trust me this has happened so many times before

So keep that in mind before you post again

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have had the same thing happening to me for years. I don't have long nails so I know it isn't me. I have even tried to scratch myself and its never the same. These are thin scratches. I am always awake when it happens. Usually I feel my leg burning and then they appear. The last one happened about 20 minutes ago. I was sitting at my computer and they appeared. I am wearing shorts so theres no chance of it being some sort of allergic thing to what I have against the skin.

I have had enough of this happening so did a google and found I am not alone.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by monk_06]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join