It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people so scared now a days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
hey i was jus wondering why people are so scared now a days if u feel something should be done take it into action fight for freedom an such like we see in all the movies an dvds its like medevil times we have a corrupt king (goverment) what would they have done in the time of the greatestmen
arthur,hector,hercules,alexander the great, all the great warriors we would fight for what they belived in do u belive in corrupt goverment? high taxes? war? executions on tv to distract people? keeping your mouth shut on a matter because people would think it crazy we need to change society an when will this happen if ever or just be a dream we need to do something if not jus thinking for a couple mins a day how to better the earth from corruption death rape murder abductions disease ..an i definately think we should start by not puttin senile old farts in political office such as primeminister and president like jfk he was the youngest in office yet the best president ever i think we should get younger people in office they would not be so easy to be a push over they would have more adrenalyne an so to say balls to not back down..
an know what would be good for people besides some corperate pushover an just to make this world alot easier for everyone does anyone agree or think that people know adays seem weak intimadated or scared ... or is it just me ?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The difference between now and the days of the Kings is conditioning.

We are conditioned to except authority as the last word, no matter what guise it comes in. Nazi Germany is a good study in that.

Before the implimintation of state run schools the masses didn't think of authority in the same way as ppl do now.

That's why the Kings had to rule their lands with a strict violent hand. You know... keep the peasants in line. Nowadays the peasants keep themselves in line.

The peasants have lost their own autonomous power to control their destiny. Society now allow governments to do it for them, and they use that to their advantage. Society feel helpless without government to keep it safe. So governments create dangers to protect us from to justify their power.
Without an enemy to protect us from why would we need government?

Government creates the fear, ppl react to the fear because they are conditioned to 'believe' what authority tells them, even when that fear is unjustified.

[edit on 30/1/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
yea good point.. but to restore are destiny as humanity we have more technology an strategy to favour the victory .. but it seems no one has the guts to stand up an stick up for are rights.. an will this ever happen?? i would like to see an be willing to perticapate.. there is no fear but fear its self fear no man or beast an let god judge u an god alone with faith an drive u can perform any obstacle

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
lol i bet if you thought the goverment was corrupt and wanted to rebel you would be a "terrorist"

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
michael moore touched on the fact about the news, when he did 'bowling for columbine'...all they seem to print and read is bad news, apart from a 30 second bit about good stuff right at the end when credits are already rolling. and i think to a certain extent that is true, there is a lot of fear driven in to people from merely watching the news. i'm slightly worried about bird flu, it's not taken over my life with worry, but it's still there, and seems as though they're even comparing it to the black plague (that's if it manages to go from person to person, rather than bird to person)...although that's how the black plague started (rat to person, and then person to person). so yeah, there is a lot to fear right now, worry of the brink of nuclear war with iran, ongoing deaths in iraq, 3,500 british troops being sent to afghanistan, suicide bombers in london...and we here about it on the news. today's world is pretty scary and fearful. obesity, cancer, heart disease, all rising because of our diets, global warming, ice caps are melting, hurricanes left right and center, asian tsunami...not good news to say the least.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by humanitysher0
yea good point.. but to restore are destiny as humanity we have more technology an strategy to favour the victory,

Governments control the tecnology and have better than us that your referring to?they also contol the water electricity etc,look at what happened with Katrina,do you think those people had the power?

.. but it seems no one has the guts to stand up an stick up for are rights.. an will this ever happen??

What is "real guts" as God would like you to have?

i would like to see an be willing to perticapate..

You are already

there is no fear but fear its self fear no man or beast an let god judge u an god alone with faith an drive u can perform any obstacle

This part is correct

God is to be feared yes,tho He does`nt want you fighting these things in the sense your describing.You cannot save yourself,we fight a spiritual war not a physical war.
Why would you kill (if thats what your talking about first?)for your freedom if you believe in God?
Ephesians 6:12 6:13

Oh Shauny just read your post,thats quite a list good job and i bet we could all add pages to it.But we all need to come to gripes we`re going to die one day,not that i dont care about it all these you listed ,i do.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
good points guys i was reffering to a march like the million man march back in the day they can not turn there head with millions of people knocking on there door for change ..with few it would be impossible but with lots it could be possible like a saying u can break one single arrow by bending it snappin it in half but when u try a bundle of arrows an try an bend it it can not be broken that be the same for us if we all banded together...just sum thoughts..

new topics

top topics

join