It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21st 2012 Facts?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think you can compare the 2012 from the mayans as the year 0 created by this western religion...

It's in fact just a concept of TIME...

while the two calendars differ in the end time...western time ended (i mean began over again at the year 0 and started counting forwards) the mayans do so in the year 2012...while this seems* different from earths perspective...from outerspace perspective it;s both quite right as we do still count time by measuring the constelations...which are the same for both calendars...

You shouldnt forget that the year 2012 is a western concept ie translation so we can understand what the mayans meant....the mayans were counting in bakthuns and great cycles....so for us to understand the amount of years we as a matter of fact call it 2012 ....which is right ofcourse...but the mayans meant to point from space-perspective that earth ends a cycle and starts all over again at this time....which we in the west acknowledge by saying we are entering the aquarius age....

only we or some religion thought it was best to start a year 0 ...2008 years ago.....which is fine by me lol...

Anyhow ...i do believe that seeing the earth rotation and the 7.1 year cycle of the wobble of our axis...worsens in 2012....i don;t say i think the world is going to end...but....as it is the end of a 26.000 cycle from outer space point of view and the end of an constellation era.....there might be just a bit of a bigger rumble...(sunspot activity is at max and the wobble will occur also)...

Does anyone think it would help if we stopped pumping our mother earth for elements...say oil and uranium....it MIGHT just might help the earth to keep its magnetic field a bit stronger?!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My whole idea on the mayan idea of "baktun" is how many times our galaxy or solar system has rotated around "entity A", much like how in one year we go around the Sun. I'm not sure what said entity would be though, but I'm sure there's something we could be moving around every 26,000 years.

People freak out at the fact that it ends on 13 baktun, which is 12/12/12 (btw), but think about it, it's like making a calendar for 2009 in January of 2008, why? It's not here yet, we have ALL year to do it.

[edit on 10.8.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yes and that something is a constellation ....

A baktum is 1/5th of our Great cycle...
OUr great cycle is 26.000 years
A Baktum is translated then in our understanding 5125.36 years

Now is i see it...
Our Great Cycle is 26.000 years
THose 26.000 years are divided into 12 constelalations (bodies in the sky and we refer to it as our zodiac signs)...
Imagine a Circle with you in the middle...the outer lines of the circle is divided in 12 zones which are the zodiac constellations)
You the earth....need 2100 years to complete 1 constellations....

So you can conclude out of this last bit that 26.000 (the circle) divided by 12 constellations is a period for us the earth of 2100 years to complete on piece of the circle (Great cycle)

NOW this is in our language...

The mayans used Baktuns instead of years as we see it... baktun is 5125 years....
The mayans supposedly started making this calendar 3114 BC 11 august for us...and came to the same conclusion as other calendar makers...that the Great cycle will end 2012 the Pisces Cycle....and we will enter into Aquarius constellation....

But thing is...it is really an end...i don;t know what happened 26000 years ago ...but this whole cycle will repeat itself
We counted counterclockwise....normally its aries, taurus, twins, cancer, LEO (10500 years ago)then virgo then libra then scorpio then sagitarius then capricorn then Aquarius and then the END Pisces....but we counted the constellations counterclockwise as it is we are looking up and not from space into earth...so the counting became....
Aquarius, capricorn then sagitarius then scorpio then libra then virgo then LEO (10.500 years ago) then cancer then twin then taurus then aries then pisces...

all with a durance of 2160 years no matter what translation you use...

God i hope its a bit readable...sorry lol

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
On the 2012 date of around December, we will be well within the galatic plain. This is the record shapped disk that possesses the great bulk if the gravitional pull throughout the whole of the galaxy.

This means all bets are off. Mankind can do it's best to calculate the alignment of celestual bodies, however the closer we get to being centered within the record shapped disk of the gravitional plain the more the chance for something very strange and very unexpected to happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"The Record shaped disk"?...

What exactly do you mean? where can i find info on that disk?

If you mean blackholes then i find it weird you name this as there are 1000000000's of blackholes in space?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElisahumanE
"The Record shaped disk"?...

What exactly do you mean? where can i find info on that disk?

I'm not exactily sure of what your misunderstandings about "black holes" are. What you said makes no sense to me. Does it to you?

At any rate, what I'm talking about as in context of "record shaped disk" is a scientific way of thinking about the WHOLE GALAXY. The Whole Galaxy can be thought of as a record spinning in empty space. The "record shapped disk" is the gravitional spin disk. All matter is pulled along by this disk. Thought there maybe matter above and below the gravitional disk, it cycles through the disk above and below.

It is the galaxitic plain.

Info can be found in documentary:
www.youtube.com...
Watch the whole documentary about 3 times.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Alright so what happens in 2012 then with our record disk...?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ElisahumanE

absolutely nothing.. you might as well read goldilocks and the three bears.. or any other fairy tale.. cuz thats all it is..a big fairy tale.. snowballed by the imagination.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply ...but you know i was wondering what scientific explanation "incarnated" would come up with rather logically explained by him/herself other then refering to some vague video-docu...and then stating the obvious?!

[edit on 10-8-2008 by ElisahumanE]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just thought I'd jump in and mention that YOU'RE ALL TALKING ABOUT THE WRONG DATE. It is not Dec. 21st 2012, its Dec. 21st 2011.

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
explain angrysniper....?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

According to whom? While the date is incorrect (the 12th, not the 21st..although, I've heard both of these stories), 2011 is not the target year. 2012 is.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You'd have to realize that our solarsystem is in one large tube of an spiral arm flowing off the center of our galaxy. Our solarsystem therefore travels in a spiral around that imagined tube. We thusly cross the galatic horizon, the record shaped disk, twice every 26000ish years.

There are several ancient cultures worldwide that adress the social/civil uinion of people, governments, nations and such as the fourth of fifth "World". A "World Map" is not the geography of the planet, it is the way kingdoms (nations) have been cut out of the land masses.

The last time we traveled though the disk was around the times of the great pyrmids, the spinx, and other cultures, 10500bce or about 13000ish years ago. The truth of the matter is that this "mankind's culture" society "world" system has been set up several times and all traces are erased.

Understanding that our solarsystem travels through the galatic horizion "record shaped disk" over a period of about seven years you can see how there's 7 years of tribulation according to such things as "the bible".

We are already seeing the changes happen, and we've not even entered into the horizional as of yet. According to my understanding we start passing through the record mid 2009.

At the lowest, this would create massive storms and crazy events like a pole shift. however, other events might also accure. crazy events like solarsystem changings, because the record shaped disk is so powerful, all understood gravation norms could be thrown out the window. Our solarsystem could slip down the tube hundreds of thousands of miles.

The governments of the world are aware, they are hoping for the best. There is no knowing what will happen so they have to wait and see. However as things start heating up on the planet this will make governments fearful of easily being taken over when we make it through the trasition so that a world war will quickly and easily happen and it will be quick and quite bad.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
One of the more awesome gravational phenomenas has to deal with our planet. Many fall under the misunderstanding of us being solid. When it is more accurte to express our existance on the planet as leafs (the crust) floating on water (magma).

The face of our planet is far from solid. We live on a solid crust that is on a liquid core. Thusly the crust, the part we live upon, floats on the liquid core.

Our gravation spin makes our planet bulk up in the middle, equator, and thusly these landmasses are higher up then land masses closer to the poles. Upon the pole shifting, that has already started taking place, the land masses and ocean can rise and fall in areas as the poleshift happens.

Basicly land that you know of now might not be above sea level after the pole shift so too what you might think of as ocean now could become land. It all depends upon the planets reorientation after the pole shift is finished.

Let me restate the pole shifting process is already started and well documented in the scientific fields. One awesome spectical of this phenomen is as follows.

A quicker pole sift would cause the crust plates to move quickly, over a period of days and hours, and this would cause a world wide earthquake that couldn't be measured because it will be so far off the scale. This also happens to be a theme in several prophetic works.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

You'd have to realize that our solarsystem is in one large tube of an spiral arm flowing off the center of our galaxy. Our solarsystem therefore travels in a spiral around that imagined tube. We thusly cross the galatic horizon, the record shaped disk, twice every 26000ish years.

Wow thanks for this explanation theory incarnated...
Question though...is it scientific proven that we cross the disk twice every 26000 years?...i would very much like to know where i can find that theory...because what i can find up till now are only hypothetical concepts of the tube spiral and the disk...in fact i can greatly see in front of me this theory but i crash a bit as i don;t find anything about how distances warp our perception of light thus what we appear to see as flat or though tube-spirals but they are moving flat ...if you get my point

There are several ancient cultures worldwide that adress the social/civil uinion of people, governments, nations and such as the fourth of fifth "World". A "World Map" is not the geography of the planet, it is the way kingdoms (nations) have been cut out of the land masses..

What you say is that our map is a concept to make us able to communicate about this subject?....Time is a concept too and till now the tube-spirals and disk are also...which is good but its still a concept also?

The last time we traveled though the disk was around the times of the great pyrmids, the spinx, and other cultures, 10500bce or about 13000ish years ago. The truth of the matter is that this "mankind's culture" society "world" system has been set up several times and all traces are erased.

But again...where is the proof that the erasing of humans were caused by this and say not by impact of a meteor or by humans abusing the fluids of the earth which caused our magnetic field to weaken and allow impact?
I think your right though about our earth being fluid but it has an inner cubic solid core of mosly iron and within there are rotating fluid which probably interact with our poles and keep us steady relating to our solar-system...
Do you think that since our poles make an exact spiral movement as you earlier described, that it's possible that the spiral disks in our solar system are interactions with planet-poles withing this system then? and all the other spiral disks out there are the same but for the other galaxies ofcourse?
Do you think or anyone else that it is possible that the poles interaction of planets within a system with their disks is possible a regenerator of debris and generator for the formation of new systems or planets?

You see....this is a concept also.

Understanding that our solarsystem travels through the galatic horizion "record shaped disk" over a period of about seven years you can see how there's 7 years of tribulation according to such things as "the bible"..

7 years...but if that;s so then how thick would the innerdisk have to be for our system to move through it with the speed our earth is traveling alone within the solar system would make it seem pretty impossible to take that long or the concept of a record-shaped disk should be revised to a Huge Donut.....no offence just trying to understand the subject!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I AM RIGHT! If you align yourself to conflict with my understandings you're a confused fool who will be proven wrong. It's only a matter of time.

Your signature is the exact reason I believe you're full of BS. You have no evidence to support your claims, and on top of that...if someone questions you, they're wrong. So tell me oh great one, when will the Lions go to the superbowl then?
2012? I think so!

Please.
The only thing that's gonna happen on 12/12/12 is some crazy sport phenomina...Sanders will come out of retirement and the Lions will go...but lose. Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
How is this for a theory, the Mayans tracked the stars and could predict their alignments coinciding with dates ect... now what if when this Solar System passes through the Galactic Plane the gravitational field pulls wildly on all the planets in the galaxy and re-arranges them so putting a calender out further is pointless after Dec 2012 because they will need to be re-mapped ?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I don't know how old this thread is, because I swept by through google.

Yes, it is true.
The mayan calender is divided in three stages.
The third stage is the long count and it is true it ends on december 2012.
What will happen? I think we already see with our own eyes how life is changing.

Earth isn't warming up alone, the entire solar system is warming up.
I think the mayans knew the sun was getting more active.
And I think it's getting more active because we are crossing the galactic equator. And there gravity is at his highest.

Just my two cents

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
All the planets will line up in a straight line. Next the poles of the earth will shift causing natrual dissasters much more devestating than anything we have ever seen. Coastal cities will flood, Country areas will be destroyed by tornadoes and earthquakes. There will aslo be droughts and tsunamis. After, the ozone layer will open, allowing the suns solar flares to penetrate the earths atmosphere. Many will die. Few will survive. So get yourself ready for anything.
I am a survivor.

-scientist Fred Johnson.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join