It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past AI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I feel AI is just a step or phase of the evolution and growth of consciousness.

Imagine, your computer was actually a sentient living animal or plant which rather than plug into an outlet you occasionally feed a nutrient bar or bath solution. While having its own will and personality, it was engineered with a user interface which the poor beast has no control over or access to information other than that which you save in the shared data repository.

Your housing is another animal, which was designed with modularity in mind. It is able to mold its membrane walls to allow partnering with another room/animal. It is able to adjust transparency throughout its membranes to provide for the occupants desired lighting or security. All by voice communications. Feeding options vary from nutrient washes to root growth systems, or even a filter system for those floating on open water. Deluxe breeds would feature a loyalty behavior like that of the best dog.

Your watch is another animal which feeds of the salts and oils produced on the skin. No need for a watchband as it attaches itself and adjusts temperature and moisture for maximum comfort.

The biggest hit is the Hypnovision Slug 2100. This slug excretes a sweet and mildly euphoric slime when massaged. The eyes display hypnotic video images, which draw the viewer in, and melts their mind. The 2100 model now includes telepathic reception and a 3 month free subscription to The Advertisement Wave.

Heh, while I’m not a sci-fi writer or a theoretical physicist, I think you'll get the idea.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Xibalba]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Sounds like LEXX
It really is feasible but I don't think many people will desire an object that is alive per se. It has a yuck factor when I think of it and what happens if it gets a Virus? Will we have to call in the doctor to get it fixed?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, I agree with Sardion, theres to much of a yuck factor for people to want to live in a living house, and such, i think that they might go for the watch or computer idea, if it was'nt alive alive, but just living.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I imagine there would be more of a yuck response today, considering what were used to building with and living in. But, if the creature were designed properly (aesthetically and functionaly) and also marketed right, it would be of little concern once people are acustumed to it.

I certainly wouldnt suggest designing a house that has fleshy tones and textures and veins, and visibly contracting muscles, so on. But imagine something like a tree that could be told to 'grow' to a set of specifications and to adjust its bark textures depending on to what it is exposed.

top topics

join