It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is the country with the most freedom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hi all i am new here. I tried looking for the right forum for this but i couldn't find one. If it is in the wrong place sorry but it wasn't a conspiracy so i just didn't know where it should go.

OK my question is this. Which country has the most freedom? I mean in the uk, usa, germany, canada and many other countries personnal freedom is being slowly eroded. Cameras everywhere, biometric passports, rfid chipped this and that and varies other rubbish that serves no purpose other than tracking the INNOCENT civilian. I mean how are biometric passports going to stop terror? How is having my fingerprints on record going to catch me? I'll just wear gloves!

So my question as already stated is, which existing country has the most freedom? The guidelines for this are:-

1. It would have to be a country where you can vote for the goverment

2. There would have to be a fair structured legal system.

Anyone got any good suggestion?

Thanks all.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is kind of the wrong forum for this, but anyway there are different types of freedom, so it's hard to say one particular country is the most "free." Economic, political, and civil freedoms tend to vary differently. For example some countries have liberal civil freedom laws (e.g. the Netherlands with virtually legal marijuana and gay marriage) but harshly restrict the freedom to own guns and tend to have tax and other policies that limit economic freedom and opportunity when compared to the U.S.

[edit on 1/30/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
No country with a government has freedom...We are all under it's control and it ultimately can and does destroy us. You are owned, numbered and controled from the day you are born. There is no freedom with government.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
OK what I mean by freedom is not having id cards, tracking chips (RFID), any kind of implant, fingerprints or dna taken unless you have commited a crime. These are the sort of freedoms I mean. Which country has the most freedom in this regard. Obviously it must also have a free voting system (or the illusion of one) and it doesn't persecute it's citizens as a whole. For example the UK doesn't persecute it's citizens, neither does the USA as a whole but they are both clamping down on personnal freedom. So i simply mean having personnal freedom. I hope that is clearer.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your long stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Britain has one of the least biased news systems.
The BBC is respected throughout the world, and i am told alot of americans read the BBC website instead of watching CNN ect.

It often ridicules the government.......giving a kind of freedom.

new topics

top topics

join