It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the best band in 20 years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Dokken

That is great!

My g/f doesn't understand my obsession with hair bands. I'll put Dokken in and she'll just sit there with a blank look on her face.

Nowwww I'm Breakin' the Chains........da da da da....da da da da....

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think that Motorhead has been a very good and influential band in the last 20 years. I don't think there isn't a local metal or punk band in my area that doesn't list Motorhead as one of their influences.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
definately Coheed and Cambria

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In the last 20 years, essentially my entire life span to this point, The bands I grew up with were all pre these 20 years. But I have come to enjoy Pearl Jam, STP, Widespread Panic, Audioslave, Shinedown, and many others. Its hard for me to pin down a fav of the past 20 years, as all my true favs are in the previous generation of music.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As a southern rock guitar player, Lynyrd Skynyrd is first, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and I went to the same highschool he did, is next.........
after that, I like....
U2
Stones
Tom Petty
John Cougar
Pat Metheny
...and too many others to list....

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Most of these groups named are more than 20 years old (shows how crappy music has become). Have to agree that Nirvana was the best band of the past 20 years - most influence, most original, and most engaging.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think Queen.. Freddie Ruled! Great Voice, All the songs were actually Different instead of the same song different verse (music today sounds the same). Hopefully that phase is Dead and we can get back to "Real" music..

Rush, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Scorpions, Journey, Motely Crue, Poision, etc... there were so many and there are so few GOOD ones now.

------ Rock Lives..... 4ever

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I would have to agree with you.....RUSH is great. I am also a fan of ELO, even though it is mostly Jeff Lynne, but what a musical genius he is!

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
alice in chains
nirvana
tool
nin
static-x

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
And please !
Nobody said green day right ?

Oh gosh
Please not them !
:shk:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The Beatles, and if thats too old...Zepplin, and if thats still too old...then Nirvana, regardless of Kurt's sketchy demise they are responsible for taking hair metal, punk, and a little mojo and making the stepping stone to modern rock. Nirvana would be famous regardless of the figurehead. The music is all that matters.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
These band threads suck me in almost every day!

Two more that I think need to be mentioned:

Steely Dan
Boston

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
American- Pearl Jam
British- The Smiths
Peruvain- King bongo. Lol

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Dokken...LMAO...that takes me back to seventh grade. Georgy Lynch was a great guitarist, but Don Dokken was a tool.

Best overall band in the last 20 years - hands down - Pink Floyd - but there are so many great bands and different genres it is really impossible to say.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I prefer Linkin Park.........

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Lake of Tears rules !!!!

Rage against the machine & nirvana are the WORST bands in the last 20 yrs.:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I do not see how any band will ever top the craze of the Beatles when they first hit America. Did you see the amount of girls that were basically climaxing just watching them sing?

If that is topped in the next 20 years, I am excited to see it. Because it certainly has not been topped in the last 40. Great bands have come and gone, and will continue to do so. But nobody will never touch what the Beatles have started.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
ANyone who says Green Day deserves to be shot.
Period.
In the testicles.
With salt peter.
And then have brandy poured on their festering wound.
And then repeatedly punched there.
And kicked.
And spat upon.
Then burnt at the stake.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
-Nirvana
-Pixies
-Beatles

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
All Time, The Beatles