It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Miners Trapped in Saskatchewan Mine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Rescuers are searching for 70 miners that have been trapped in a Saskatchewan Potash mine after fire broke out early Sunday morning. The fire was brought under control late Sunday evening and rescue operations for the miners have begun. Contact has been made with all but 30 miners since the fire broke out. The cause of the fire wasn't immediately known.

www.cbc.ca
Rescue crews have entered a potash mine in southeastern Saskatchewan, where 70 workers have been trapped since a fire broke out early Sunday morning.

Marshall Hamilton, who is one of the mine's managers, said rescuers had to wait until the fire was brought under control late Sunday before they could enter the mine.

A spokesman from Mosaic, the U.S.-based company that owns the mine, said the fire trapped 70 workers and 30 of them haven't made radio contact since the fire broke out.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is another mine tradgedy that I hope turns out alright. There seems to be alot of mining accidents this month as well as last. I just hope that this is the last.

CTV News

[edit on 29-1-2006 by North Rider]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wow, that's horrible! It's very strange how these bad incidents seem to cluster.

I hope they can be rescued.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You learn something new every day. I never knew potash was mined. I wonder what caused the fire. I can understand coal fires, because of the volitile gasses present in conjunction with coal, but potash?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Follow up found here:

Canadian Mining Fire....

Closing this thread so discussion can continue there.

new topics

top topics

join