It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uploading Troubles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm having some podcast uploading troubles. I wasn't sure whether to post a thread or gripe, decided that I could get a quicker response here, and the staff wouldn't be forced to deal with this.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but it says that the file type is not supported. I haven't done anything any different than my usual. Recorded in Audacity and exported as an MP3 to lame Mp3 encoder. Clicked browse, found my track, tried to upload it and got a message that the file type was not supported. Any suggestions?

Forgive me if I'm being dense, or if the answer's right under my nose

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
don't worry, I'm being dense too

I've been having trouble also, I used audicity, can play my clip as an mp3 in all programs but when I upload here, nothing happens .... and i know it meets all the criteria so I
I even tried a different converter and got the same problem... I eventually gave up and figured it was best that I didn't torture you all with my singing again.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
lol. I would give up and say the same, though I made a promise that I would upload this for a friend, and I intend to keep that promise.
Not my singing anyway

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Alright then. It must be a Firefox problem on my end. Just tried it in IE and it uploaded.

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Fox On Fire

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
Alright then. It must be a Firefox problem on my end. Just tried it in IE and it uploaded.

I submitted a gripe before seeing this.

I also had the same problem, then tried uploading with IE and succeeded.

The thing is, I just got back from being gone for a couple of weeks and uploading podcasts with Firefox worked fine before I left.

I'm still using Firefox 1.0.7 as before, so I'm not sure what's different on this end that would cause the problem.

I strongly prefer Firefox over IE, so I'm hoping this mysterious ailment will be cured soon.

Until then, I suppose being able to upload via IE is better than nothing, though I hope it's not the start of a trend.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Same here. I had been using Firefox before, few weeks later it stopped allowing uploads. Oh well, its not much trouble to just open IE to upload a podcast every now and then. Though I too strongly prefer Firefox to IE.

Not a big problem, so we should be thankful its not something more serious.

--Kit.

top topics

join