It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Truly Amazing Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Some people in Brazil heard what they thought was a cat meowing in a plastic bag floating in a lake and when they fished the bag out of the water and opened it, the "cat" turned out to be a baby girl dressed in pink. What is possibly more amazing is that one of the people had a video camera and captured the whole thing. How come people like that never see Bigfoot or UFOs?

A baby girl found inside a plastic bag floating on a lake in Brazil was released from hospital Sunday in good condition, doctors said.

The girl, apparently two months old, was rescued Saturday afternoon by a couple who heard her crying in the Pampulha Lagoon in Belo Horizonte, a city about 300 miles northeast of Sao Paulo.

Amateur footage broadcast on Brazilian TV showed rescuers using a long tree branch to pull the black plastic bag out of the water. They opened the bag and found the girl inside, dressed in a pink dress.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Alternative video links:

video.msn.com...

msnmember.msn.com...

www.comcast.net...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 2006/1/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
wow that is amazing,

Wierd thing though, when i try to watch the vid it wont allow it,

But the bottom part says false news,?

hmmm

Im not techi but does that mean this may be some kind of hoex the pulled?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
grady you really have to get a new hair stylist

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why that is, but here are a couple of links from which you can access the same video, at least for the time being:

video.msn.com...

msnmember.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
grady you really have to get a new hair stylist

I'd like to have that much hair again. That's Jack Nance from the film "Eraserhead", one of my favorite romantic comedies.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

That's funny. That link seems to be working now. Well, at least, there are three ways to get it now.

I didn't see anything about false news.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

But the bottom part says false news,?

They showed parts of the clip on FoxNews, so it must be a hoax.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I've seen this being reported on the TV news here.

If it's a fake story they did a pretty good job of fooling lots of MSM outlets. Of course, this wouldn't be the first time if so.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Personally, I have seen nothing that inidicates that this story is false. Could someone point this out to me? Also, since the video link in the source article works only when it wants to, I have added links from other sources.

[edit on 2006/1/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the other sources, I wonder what kind of person would have just put this little girl in such danger?

did they know she would be found?
was there purpose for her to drown?

Or where they possible trying to re create the moses act?

Poor little girl im just glad this ended happy, with her safe and well

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
According to this report, this kind of behavior is epidemic with more than 700 children dying each year in the US alone at the hands of their mothers. Probably, infanticide is under-reported.

abcnews.go.com

Simone da Silva was arrested and charged with attempted murder after a couple pulled the 2-month-old baby girl from Pampulha Lagoon in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. "I couldn't stay with her," Silva told police. "I did not have a minimum psychological condition to stay with her."

A mother deliberately putting her child in harm's way is not uncommon. In the United States, more than 700 children are killed by their mother each year. "Usually infanticide takes place fairly soon after delivery, but there are women who get sick much later on in the first postpartum year, say five or six months after the baby," Lusskin said.

Lusskin says there are warning signs: Is the mother neglecting or avoiding the baby? Does she seem agitated or confused? Has she stopped eating or sleeping? Is the mother having irrational thoughts about dropping or hurting the baby?

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2006/1/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's really not all that unusual. Humans have been using infanticide as birth control since the beginning of time. Conditions in Brazil are really pretty horrible for the average person there. I'm not surprised that this mother was so desperate that she tried to drown her child.

Hey Grady, having a bad hair day?

-Forestlady

top topics

join