It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM FOODS WHAT DO YOU THINK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What do you all think about GM foods personally i dont have a problem with them and hate protestors who go trampling on the crops because they dont agree with them.I think this is pathetic just because they dont want it doesent mean they should stop me having them.
Recently a survey said that 4 in 5 people dident want gm crops, but you have to look at who they asks because mostly people who dident want them actually turned up the rest of the population isnt that bothered about it.

www.which.net...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Lest I be called ignorant I actually have an educated opinion on this subject. I recently worked for a global based activist non-profit that fights GM foods, name to remain unknown.

Anyways they don't like them and neither do I. But for differeing reasons.

My belief is that GM foods ultimately will alter Human DNA.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How will they alter human DNA.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The 1st 2 hits on google warn against GM.
www.etaiwannews.com...

politics.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
ALL food is GM. The foods we eat today are genetically engineered from thousands of years ago.

Man evcen in early times would cross and play with different plants to provide a better or unusual form of food, like grapefruit, which is a citrus hybrid.

Humanity has been playing with genetics for thousands of years, our food is genetically engineered, and has been. Much of the food you eat comes from old hybrids and non naturally occuring manipulated crosses.

Thus, i dont see a problem with GM foods, i dont see how thier genetic manipulation is different from slective breeding and hybrid crossing.

Human DNA has been altered and will continue to be altered through natural means. People today are quite different from people thousands of years ago, with sublte genetic changes.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Agreed Skadi....

Like just about anything that is very useful, it can be dangerous if misused. There is a danger that GM foodstuffs could have some hidden problems. However, on the whole, there are many positive things that GM food can provide.

Genetic manipulation is here to stay. You can't put the cat back in to the bag.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I Agre i dont see why people complain about gm.
"why dont u dont it"
"because its bad"
"why"
"i dunno"
whats the point.

top topics

join