It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Trade A Normal Childhood For Enhanced Abilities And A Chance At Eternal Life ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hrmmm. Maybe its just me, but as far as I believe, we're here to learn and grow. Part of that growing is childhood, and all the knocks, scrapes and laughter that go with it.

I die before I let anyone incubate my child in some artificial environment until they're 6. It just isn't what life is all about in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I die before I let anyone incubate my child in some artificial environment until they're 6. It just isn't what life is all about in my opinion.

So how do you feel about mothers who breastfeed children to age 5, 6, or 7?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
With the upcoming holographic storage technology and the developments in psychometry, Matrix-style virtual reality is just at the doorstep... I predict it could even be there in like 5 years or so. But I rather think that civilisation will annihilate itself before man truly becomes a god through technology. A system based solely upon greed is ill-fated to its own destruction, rather than a potential for progess or liberation.

[edit on 12/2/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

So how do you feel about mothers who breastfeed children to age 5, 6, or 7?

I feel that it is a choice for each mother to make. Personally?.....I wouldn't let that happen, and didn't with my own child. I agree to some extent that it is societies 'acceptance' levels that have no doubt influenced my personal beliefs.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Echtelion wrote:A system based solely upon greed is ill-fated to its own destruction, rather than a potential for progess or liberation.

We have in the West managed a banishment of tribalism. With the tech I speak of not all, but most evil human traits would be banished. Government would exist as conscensus of the governed. Bandwidth of daily communication would approach that of the brain's internal bandwidth.

Ill function of brain and body would be automatically diagnosed and countered. It would also be sanctioned and welcomed.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

sanse_nz wrote: I agree to some extent that it is societies 'acceptance' levels that have no doubt influenced my personal beliefs.

Look at this as a futuristic breastfeeding till age 6 with wide acceptance among the locals.

With a lifespan of 5,000 years(baring accident), what is 6 years if it assures such an outcome.

[edit on 2/12/2006 by bodebliss]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join